main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din's new ship (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    This is going to end up such an iconic ship. It’s already one of my favourites just after that episode. Now it just needs a memorable name.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    New poll for the name of this ship:
    • Option 1: Nubian, I hate puppies
    • Option 2: Razor Crest II, I put grapes on my pizza

3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I don't think Razor Crest was really a name thought...just a class type. So he will probably just refer to the N-1 and the N-1.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wonder if Din's N-1 will be a temporary ride until he can get something more suitable, certainly he's only going to be able to carry one bounty at a time and will have a limited arsenal. I wouldn't mind seeing something based around the Consolidated PBY Catalina.
    [​IMG]

5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    He's definitely moving on from bounty hunting.
    I am thrilled that they got him an N-1. And that it's so fast! Din will be like a lightning fast shadow in space.

The Lightning Shadow? [face_thinking]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Than it wouldn’t be a razor crest

7. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    So something like this but on a smaller scale?
    [​IMG]
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Amphibious_Interstellar_Assault_Transport/infantry

Django Fett and MercenaryAce like this.
  8. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    Mythosaur. The Armorer kind of set it up.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Every time I see that ship, I feel like it should be searching for the Japanese carriers approaching Midway. I'd rather see something more original.

As for the N-1's name, Mando already said it: "Wizard."

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He's not a professional bounty hunter anymore, so...not a issue.

The entirety of season 2 of the Mandalorian, and this episode, made clear that his bounty hunting days are over. He took one job to get some info on where his Mando friends were, and some cash for a ship, and now he's going to see Grogu, help out his friend Boba, and head to Mandalore. And who knows what else. But his 9-to-5 days are over. He even almost literally said "take that job and shove it" to the people on Glavis who told him they had another job for him. He's in mid-life crisis mode and finding a new purpose.

afrojedi, Lulu Mars and 2Cleva like this.
  11. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Even with that thought...a larger ship that he can sleep in and store supplies like food and more weapons is more functional for him. Does not need to be another Razor Crest...but some sort of gunship, scout or freighter would give him more versatility.

Darth__Lobot and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, but I bet there's a practical explanation for that in the future. I like @Darth Chiznuk's theory that the Gozanti crusier the other Mandos are on becomes a sort of base of operations for Din, and that his N-1 will fit neatly in there somewhere.

Also remember that Din insisted, for much of this episode, on a Razorcrest. He wanted something to live in. But Pelli didn't have it. And he was won over by the potential coolness of the N-1. So he knows it's a little impractical, and went for it anyway. Like a souped up sports car a middle-aged dude might get. There's a character and story reason for why he got this ship, is what I'm saying. He's having a mid-life crisis and is splurging on something impractical and that he helped build. So that's the answer. It's impractical on purpose. He's not at the station wagon or minivan stage of his life. He's in the Camaro stage of his life. ;)

El_Machete12, afrojedi, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I think it is more that it was a capable fighter and was available....and after having just been on commercial transport decided it will do for now.

I am not saying it is a bad ship...it will serve its purpose. But something with a little more room would be more beneficial...even if he is now more of a wandering hero.

And even if he doesn't get another RC...then something like the Redthorn class scout ship or the type of scout ship Noa had in the Ewok movie would be cool.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, the writers definitely gave him this type of ship for the sorts of character reasons outlined above. That's sign-posted throughout the episode. The exact reason why he got it in the episode is that Pelli didn't have anything else, yeah. But the critical thing is that he COULD HAVE gotten his money back, walked away, and looked for another more practical and mundane ship. Why didn't he? Because of where his character is at the moment. He's sort of lost, doesn't have a solid project, and so this ship-build struck his fancy. And he thinks it's cool and it gives him a momentary sense of enjoyment. It's a souped up Camaro for a mid-lifer. The episode couldn't have been more clear about that (otherwise, why spend so much time watching him take it for a joyride and have such a great time with it?). The episode is so clear about this that it isn't really even an interpretation. It's about as close to an objective assessment of the showrunner's intentions that I can think of.

2Cleva and Sarge like this.
  15. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    How so? No argument here but just genuinely curious. Are all Razor Crest’s the same size as the one he previously had?

16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Razor Crest is the ship class...so they are all built the same.

Sarge likes this.
  17. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    Yeah I definitely feel like Mandos gonna link up with a crew sooner rather than later.

Hell it might even be Bobas once he gets his clan off the ground

18. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah, an interesting aspect of his new ship is it means that he's either going to get a crew with a ship that can serve as his HQ, going to be finding an HQ for a handful of episodes, or potentially have some clients/allies, enemies/challengers seek him out specifically.

19. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'd take it a step further. It probably means he'll have a home base somewhere and Mandalore looks to be the end destination.

20. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    A post-OT Naboo starfighter is fine, but I'd prefer Din had a newly designed ship.

21. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That's what I expected too (especially with the copyright reasons involved with them destroying it anyway) but considering how much its been a plot point in Mandalorian that his ship if off the grid, it worked for me.

Sarge likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I noticed this episode we had multiple characters saying "a razorcrest" so yeah, it looks like the class name is Razorcrest, and either Din never named it or he just named it after its class.

Hmm...I am not sure they would spend so long on the introduction of the ship just to get rid of it....

But I do have to admit I love flying boats and I would not mind more flying boat based ships.

Like that. One of my old favorites.

Django Fett likes this.
  23. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    So, next step is the trophy wife?

Darth__Lobot and Sarge like this.
  24. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Din and Koska sitting in a tree...

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What copyright reasons?

Riv_Shiel and Darth Chiznuk like this.