main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Discuss/Regrade the Episode: S03E02: ARC Troopers

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Mar 17, 2013.

?

Please grade this episode

1. 10/10

30.0%
  2. 9/10

23.3%
  3. 8/10

23.3%
  4. 7/10

10.0%
  5. 6/10

3.3%
  6. 5/10

6.7%
  7. 4/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10

3.3%
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Fixed. :p :D

Darth_Foo likes this.
  2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Still a really good episode. Both the animation and the Kamino scenery are really good and the battle & fight scenes are great; the clone trooper stuff is solid (especially the stuff with 99, Echo and Fives). I've always liked the design of the Aqua droids and Shaak Ti really kicked some butt when she fought off a bunch of them. Speaking of Ventress, even though she didn't really interest me much until she was betrayed by Dooku and started getting some character development, she was pretty good here. Grievous also got some good stuff, like his scene with her; i t's not very often they get to interact face to face and it was interesting to see that here.

If I would point out a flaw it's that if Cody would have thrown that last detonator against the battle droids instead of stalling for some reason, 99 would not have gotten killed by their blaster fire; I guess Cody went into bluescreen mode. Nevertheless, it's a very good episode and a nice way to cap off the Domino Squad trilogy (Clone Cadets, Rookies & this one).

8/10

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  3. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Question: why does Dooku want the Clone facilities destroyed and the DMA sample stolen?

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    He's playing the war game with Sidious, it's just show off. Why would the Separatists never attack Kamino, the "production facilities" of the Republic army? It's a logical target. Suspicious would be to never try to. The DNA is just a MacGuffin for his underlings and the Jedi to buy into the why of this attack.

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    In the EU "The First Battle of Kamino" took place before TCW's version of the battle of Kamino.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/First_Battle_of_Kamino

Seems on one hand that the CIS military and its supporters, for the most part thought they were actually fighting a war where it makes sense for them to attack and cripple the Republic military at the source early in the war in the EU comics. But the elaborate capturing DNA didn't really make any sense(TCW). And the CIS's invasion was rather halfhearted. If they wanted to destroy Kamino they would've committed a much larger invasion force( or dropped a big bomb or something) and not stage an attack primarily to basically cause a lot of damage and hope it destroys the city but main mission capture the DNA. Ventress covertly sent alone could've accomplished the task. This whole battle never made any sense aside from lets have a battle. I think Filoni/Lucas also forgot that Kaminoans arent the only cloners in the galaxy and that the CIS already knew Jango worked for Dooku.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020