main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Any other thoughts on the next one? Anything you want changed from this one?

2. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Ban steroids you coward

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I hereby ban all players who used steroids unless they played in an era where the commissioner of baseball was actively turning a blind eye to the use of steroids.

4. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Am I good to post a new thread on Monday?

heels1785 likes this.
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Or today...

tom likes this.
  6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I thought I'd give Pointy a weekend to bask before we move on, plus I want to post year end awards to wrap season two.

cubman987 and tom like this.
  7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    New baseball draft is posted. Can anyone dethrone Pointy?

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Let's see how he does without three ARods!!!

9. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I think now is a nice time for some sort of draft. Maybe not even a draft. Maybe more of a discussion with random topics like "Top 10 Strongest Cosmic Characters and why" or "Who would the Avengers get if they traded Vision to the Justice League?"

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    completely agree - would be a fun distraction

Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Or maybe just a random I pick five characters, you pick five character, we hash it out and then someone new does the same thing? Like a series of mini drafts?

heels1785 likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    yak and i do those random kind of mini-battles on google hangouts during the day sometimes. pick a character and a gauntlet that they have to go through, how far do they get with or without rest, prep, recharging health, etc. then go all skip bayless vs. stephen a smith for a while.

he is always wrong and vastly overrates marvel, but that's another discussion

DarthIntegral likes this.
  13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    yeah, but, when isn't yak wrong?

dp4m and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    when he's burning. especially as j jonah

dp4m likes this.
  15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So I can start a thread? Yes?

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
  17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    ITT I learned @heels1785 trains daily for drafts, and then when it comes time for a real one...

[​IMG]

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Lloyd: banned, but worth it

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    ok, since we keep getting false starts on drafts, how about a series of "mini drafts".

Here's what I have in mind. A total of SIX people sign up.

one person - the commish - to run it. They post the prompt.
    Four people - the players - to play in it. They assemble their teams according to the prompt
    one person - the judge - to judge all matches.

You play a single set of round-robin (three games each) and declare a champion, then move onto the next draft.

I'll even go first first to commish (if you all are good with it) with my "Street Level from all Media" draft.

Thoughts?

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That one judge would have to have a vast knowledge of all media to make a clear decision on that street level draft.

Would 6 players with 2 judges and 1 commish/judge be better? I dunno. Keen either way.

21. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Put me in coach!

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    We can adjust if it doesn't work. The judge could also tap the commissioner of they lack the knowledge required.

Just trying to keep it as small as possible while still being worthwhile so we can get through email quickly

23. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I wouldn't be qualified to judge but would if necessary lol. Would also GM.

Would also provide quality or do random theatres if everything else filled up.

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Help... Need... Draft...

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]