main
side
curve

Char, NC [Discussion] Where is our FanForce going? (please read)

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hi, everyone.

I hate to be the stick in the mud, but I feel that we all need to get together and talk about the future of this FanForce. And no, I don't mean the board -- I mean us, as a group. I'd like to ask everyone to sit down for a few minutes and talk about where we're going. I'd rather do this in person, but unfortunately, there's not been a full get together in quite some time. ..so..

I'd like to ask everyone the following questions. Please be honest and be nice.

1) Why did you join this FanForce? Why are you still in it?

2) What do you see as the future of our FanForce?

3) Do you still have any interest in going to meetings?

4) Do you have personal problems about our FanForce?

5) What would be an ideal meeting for you?

Now, if you could, please answer these questions and we'll try to sit together and discuss where the Charlotte Separatists are going.

Thanks. :)

~ James

2. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I first started posting here to meet fellow Star Wars friends in hopes to build friendships. And it worked. Gregory, myself, Tracy and Clay formed the original four of the Charlotte Separatists. It was good times.

I don't see future unless we change something and quickly.

Yeah, and I'm fairly flexible too.

No, other than the fact that we haven't had any meetings in a while.

5) Anything else you'd like to say?
    Either we should agree to sit down and do a meeting or say screwit and say goodbye to the FanForce. There's no point in beating a dead horse. I'm set on having a meeting and soon (Tracy mentioned a Harry Potter get together a while ago).

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000

I joined because I wanted to meet local fans. I'm still in it because, one, I'm CR, and two, I'm hoping that eventually we'll become more active.

I think we need to promote ourselves somehow but I don't know what the answer would be. We need to have more meetings and get more people involved.

Yes, but--my issue with the last few is that, one, they've been planned without consulting me or anyone else for input, and at least one of them was at midnight when I had to work the next day--and I'm not the only one who has that issue.

I wish we had more participation. My best friend's FanForce meets regularly on the third Sunday of the month--we should start something like that.

Not at all--we just need to be more active.

5) What would be an ideal meeting for you?

Food and then either a movie or a game night--I have Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and Star Wars Stratego.

TO ADD: I love this FanForce, guys, but James is right. There have to be more people putting effort into it. I have mentioned several meetings over the past few months--the Harry Potter get-together and I also mentioned something for Christmas and something before I went to London--and I didn't get a single nibble. If we go down, I'm going to be really upset, and I'll be damned if I'm taking responsibility for it because I've got the colors--I have tried.

I'd like to reiterate the idea of a Harry Potter get together. If it's during the week I can't do it at midnight, but I think we can work something out.

4. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    In the Rhode Island fanforce, we got together every now and then for games. We played Epic Duels and Trivial Pursuit in my apartment once. It was mad fun. Especially when there's pizza and a little bit of alcohol. ;)

...but yeah, anyways... ;)

I suggest that we all agree on a day of the week to do this, along with a time. I won't suggest Sunday because people may go to church. Personally, I'm fond of a get together either Thursday or Friday night. Thursday would probably be more convenient for most people, since a lot of people have plans during the weekends.

We also need to take into account all of the people who post here but haven't been to a meeting (since there haven't been any). Someone mind PMming them all about this thread?

As for Harry Potter, Sara and I both can do that. :)
    I'm sure midnight showings are out, but we could try to manage one the next night maybe? And set an official meeting, to see if anyone will come? If not, Sara and I will go see it with you.

5. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    I'll do my CR duties and send the PMs.

I'm game for Thursday meetings at 6 p.m. myself. If anyone else has suggestions, post them, and I'll do a poll.

As far as Harry Potter--I'll check the showtimes then start a thread.

6. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    I've sent out five PMs, and there's one poster who hasn't logged on since December whom I'll try to catch on AIM.

A poll for the Harry Potter movie is up.

7. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    1) Why did you join this FanForce? Why are you still in it? I joined because i saw it as a way to converse with fellow SW fans that live in charlotte. In it for the same reason.

2) What do you see as the future of our FanForce? Well, seeing as I haven't been a part of it for as long as most of you, I think the future holds potential.

3) Do you still have any interest in going to meetings? I would love to go to meetings, unfortunately my wife and i are real busy trying to close on a house, so I won't be able to go to any kind of meeting for some time now.

4) Do you have personal problems about our FanForce? nope. just the avatar. ;) :p

5) What would be an ideal meeting for you? I think it would be best to grab dinner and a movie. Basic and to the point. This is slightly off topic and it points to the future, but has anyone heard about if people are planning on camping out for Ep III?? I know now that you can buy tickets online, but i camped out for Ep. I over at Regal Cinemas. Freaking awesome!! That could be cool if we could set something like that up.

8. Bionic_Sith_Lord

Bionic_Sith_Lord Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2004
    1) Why did you join this FanForce? Why are you still in it? I joined also in hopes of meeting others who are interested in Star Wars,in this area.

2) What do you see as the future of our FanForce? Unsure on that, as the future is very cloudy on most things in life.

3) Do you still have any interest in going to meetings? Yes, even though I haven't been to one yet.

4) Do you have personal problems about our FanForce? No.

5) What would be an ideal meeting for you? Dinner and a movie is cool with me, as long as I don't have to spend much, hard to, since I lost my job, plus I live in Albemarle, and will have about an hour drive there.

I can do more, once I get back to work, which I hope is soon.

9. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    I don't think many of us have much money.

I am really hoping to see folks at the Harry Potter viewing. :)

10. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    You guys seem to have the same problem as my fanforce The Winston Salem SECRET SITH SOCIETY. We were making regular meetings and having a blast and things kind of dried up. I think part of the problem is that life is just so rushed. I know I always have something going on and it's hard to make meetings. The biggest turn out we had was this past Christmas. We had 6 people turn up and I was thinking things were on the ups. Now it's like three or only two. Our board has really slowed down with only around three people posting. It sucks to, cause when everybody was posting and making the meetings we were having a really cool time. Just wanted to let you guys know your not alone in the struggle to keep the fanforce alive!

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! lol!

Stay Cool

11. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    It true lot of time things get slow, but I don't consider it dead. It just sometime having life make us not have lot of time. :p But I think we ought to meet at Heroes Con next week. Anyone going? I'm going this Sat. It would be cool if some of you all come, especially anakin_girl. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.