main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Disney Gallery BTS Docuseries

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I have qatched today, it was good. Liked the comparison Filoni made with Qui Gon Jinn and Luke Skywalker. And Luke being the jedi who knows about emotional attachment. Deepfake will only get better.

Trebor Sabreon and RetropME like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I could watch a whole hour of Tem just talking about Māori culture.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This was really fun to watch. Everyone on the project seems great, including Rodriguez. But...Favreau (or BD Howard or Steph Green, or someone else) should've directed that finale. Rodriguez wasn't able to satisfactorily get all those elements in the finale to work. And despite Filoni saying that he he did pull it off, I got the feeling that he felt he didn't.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    This TBOBF Gallery was absolutely fascinating to watch. You can tell just how much EVERYONE was invested in the series.
    Ahsoka is around the 42ish minute mark and Cad Bade is around the 53 minute mark.
    I do believe Filoni was surprised that Rodriguez was able to shoot the entirety of Episode 7. There is quite a lot going on in that finale.
    LOVE how they referenced stuff created in The Clone Wars.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean Book of Boba is sorta the case of Mediocre Scrip and Not great directing.

I do feel like had Favrue (Or any of the others) had directed...I don't think the story is still any great but at least it's more entertaining.

Personally I hope if they get a season 2 Favrue isn't writing and Rodgridguez doesn't direct.

I'm not apposed to a second season but i do think they kinda need to Soft Reboot the series and go in a new direction with a new crew.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2022
    whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    My favorite bit was hearing Chiang talk about the N1. Just reminded me how much that ship blew me away when I first saw it.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Chiang is a goddamned genius.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

I took note of the fact that he admitted that he liked to put together his action scenes on the fly, while on set. It confirms what many of us suspected, and criticized, about his blocking and choreography feeling poorly planned.

I could also go the rest of my life without ever seeing him play guitar on set again.

(Hey Robert, not to interrupt your cliche blues jam, but maybe put down the guitar and spend more time on planning your blocking and action scenes)

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Bor Mullet and 2Cleva like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yep and while i don't think Favrue's scripting is that great i do think a better director would have made a heck of difference in terms of entertainment value alone.

Bor Mullet and whostheBossk like this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  11. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Watched the Making of Season 3, and it's pretty standard issue stuff, with not much real insight to speak of. If anything, the biggest surprise was that Pedro Pascal wasn't in the special whatsoever. Of course, it's well established that his work this season was strictly limited to voiceover, but to not touch upon him at all was very strange.

Guidman likes this.
  12. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was made around the same time filming was going on and Pedro would have been off filming a different show during that time.

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I watched it, good stuff as usual. Fun seeing Jack Black have a blast.

I got a little kick out of Giancarlo and someone else referring to Gideon as Moff as if that was his first name.

14. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    Watched it yesterday, so odd to see so many good filmmakers, who produced a disjointed bore fest. Lee Isaac Chung being noteworthy for directing the only really good episode, "The Convert." I did find the discussion with the puppet masters cool, and it was great to hear from designer extraordinaire Doug Chiang. The team of directors offered zilch, and see more footage of Lizzo and Jack Black was eye rolling.

15. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Well, there is in-universe precedent for that. ;)
    [​IMG]

Sarge likes this.
  16. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Darth is a name.