main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Disney Lane! - You must go there to see the Christmas displays!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Dark_Lady_Jada, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    OK, this is a fantastic little neighborhood over in Marana that does great decorations for Christmas. Is it Winterhaven? No. But that is a plus. It has great displays of Disney and WB characters. There is one side street called Disney Lane. That is the street that started it. One woman started making Christmas displays years ago and the whole neighborhood has commissioned her to do displays for them. The whole thing is now called Tammeron Toons.

Where is it?

From I-10 and Cortaro Farms:

Go east on Cortaro about 3 miles to Old Father Road.
    Make a right on Old Father and go to the second street on the right.
    Make a right on Plantation. You are there.

From Ina and I-10:

Go about 1 mile east on Ina to Old Father Road. Take the road up almost to the next light and Plantation is the second to last road on the left.

How do I know I'm there

There is a sign on the Northwest corner of Plantation and on the Southwest corner there is a display of The Chipmunks.

What is the best way to do this?

I usually go around 7:00pm. It is dark and the displays are light.

We drive all the way thru on Plantation until we are almost at the end [Camino de Oeste]. Then we park. Right there you'll see a display on the south of the street of Snow White and on the North is Toy Story. The road on the northside is Lord Redman. We usually walk up Lord Redman halfway and then back down. Then we head east to the next road which is a cal-de-sac and you'll see a sign that says Disney Lane. We walk this cal-de-sac and then head either walk east a bit more on Plantation or get back in the car and drive the rest.

GO DOWN EVERY STREET! Not every house has a display but on some of the streets there are great displays like a Mario Bros. display and a Yogi Bear.

OK, we did it, now what can we do?

Well, you can go back down on Cortaro and there is the Walmart Shopping Center with several places to eat or you can go back to Ina and there are some places to eat.

Or, before you go, drive up to Cortaro and Thornydale and stop at one of the gas stations and get some hot chocolate.

Again, I highly recommend this. My daughter and I have been doing this for 4 years now and we love it each year. :D

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I dot it every year. Gotta wonder though, where's the Clone Wars? It is a cartoon after all.

3. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Bonus! When I move to NC I swear I'm going to do a Clone Wars scene for Christmas! :D

I love it. Winterhaven is great and we will do the drive thru on Tuesday but this is something even more special. It is much quieter than Winterhaven and you can walk part of it or all of it and have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.