main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Disney Launching Lucasfilm Games?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by son_of_skywalker03, Mar 20, 2019.

1. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    SilentGuy66 and chrcharcor2 like this.
  2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Cue the hundred of online articles saying that EA has lost the star wars licence (we could only hope)

3. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    But would EA want to accept it that way? If they have no say in the content of the games but are expected to publish them... How much money would they get from such an arrangement and would it better suit them?

4. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    God i hope so...most of the major gaming sites are putting out speculation stories as well.

*starts sacrificing old video game discs for a KOTOR 3*

5. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Hello.

Apparently I only exist when LucasArts does.

~Forceboat~

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I looked at the actual job listings (didn't qualify for any, drat!) - they list it as the "Parks, Experiences & Products" division, not Lucasfilm or ILM or other separate divisions.

I'd speculate that this might be for the games integrated into line queues and other kiosks in the parks, or special gaming attractions elsewhere in the resorts like they used to have at Disney Quest. It also may tie in with the "RPG" aspect of Galaxy's Edge.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  7. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    So will EA be forced to make Star Wars games for the Switch now despite their contempt for Nintendo?

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Clarification on LFG

Since publishing, IGN has spoken to a representative from Lucasfilm, who clarified that Lucasfilm Games has existed and helped to ensure games meet Lucasfilm's standards ever since the closure of LucasArts.

Any job postings for Lucasfilm Games are due to Disney wanting to make sure their game scene is staffed appropriately for any Lucasfilm properties.

Disney as a whole is still focused on third-party licensed development and are still very committed in working with EA.

Outsourced likes this.