main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Disney/Lucasfilm looking to remove EA's Star Wars License?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Outsourced, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
  2. Gerald's Game

Gerald's Game Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2017
    The big problem I see is the shift away from promoting SW Old Republic. There were exciting media tie-ins when it first came out. Battlefront seems like drudgery. It is the story content driving the games. SW 1313 was building a buzz. Lucasfilm has lost touch with mature market consumers due to corporate politics.

EDIT: Ok, @Outsourced , you disagree with me. Why do you disagree? You have left me hanging with that "What"...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  3. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    What?

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    The problem here is that Disney decided to go for the mobile games platform that well okay whatever, there nice but, there not the platform games of before. And yes, some of those platform games weren't the best either. For every first good game, the second one was very crappy or not that great. The challenge for star wars, or better yet Disney is to get back to basics. Even the Star Wars Lego video game has become a bit stale and non-inventive. I mean okay, I like the rainbow lightsabers and lasers, but they could have added certain extra powers that cost money like flight, invisibility, excetra. Heck even the characters that supposedly can hover can't even do that for more than 2 seconds. Then they put in characters with names that you'll never use,. Outdated system and over complicated.

Battlefront 1 and 2 under EA has been terrible, a far cry from what we got before.

The bigger tavestry was Knights of the Old Republic. The first game was so engaging, but the second one was incomplete, and the bad part about it was that it won a lot of awards before people realized that KOTOR II was incomplete. That, was bad and then instead of following up the story with a part three to end the trilogy, we went into this massive MMO that we now don't know if its canon or not. All that story writing and at the end it could be for nothing. No truly tie in media after a few novels and comic books. No essential guide to the MMO game. It's bad.

Now we fast forward again to the EA license and we haven't done a good xbox 1 or playstattion 4 rpg game, shooter, or story canon game. Nothing

Gerald's Game likes this.
  5. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Oh god are we talking about this again.

SWTOR is not canon.

I don't know how else to explain that.

6. Gerald's Game

Gerald's Game Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2017