main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Disney now owns the rights to the SW scores! Sony's contract has expired!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by PodracingSkywalker, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Cedric T Sealion

Cedric T Sealion Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    Meh, I don't know why everyone thinks extended soundtrack albums are a possibility. Given that Disney have yet to say a word regarding the theatrical cuts on blu-ray. :(

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Those two items are not really related. One is not dependent on the other happening.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Cedric T Sealion

Jul 19, 2014
    I never said they were dependent on one another. You know fine what I mean. The parallels between the unavailable OUT and the unavailable extended prequel soundtrack albums are plain for all to see. A clear demand from the fanbase, but no indication of Lucasfilm giving a ****.

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    We think extended soundtrack albums are possible because we have them for 4 of the 6 OT/PT films already. Lucasfilm worked through 2 different versions of expanded OT soundtracks. As someone who has many, many expanded and complete score releases, there's no telling when or how these releases will surface until they're pretty much done and announced. And that could be anytime. There are prominent John Williams scores from decades ago, big ones, that have never seen a release. There are ones from the same era as the PT that have been. We have A.I. in a complete score, but not Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone, and those came out in the same year. My point is there is no pattern, which means no real reason for despair.

6. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The difference is that no one connected to Lucasfilm will said one word about any possibility of an OOT but Mattesino who is a legit guy when it comes to JW soundtracks already has as per my email to him said talks are happening.

"I am involved in the conversations about where to go from here, but I’m not permitted to say anything beyond that. There would be a lot of work to be done and it may not be right away. But when it does happen, I expect it to all be handled properly."

7. Cedric T Sealion

Jul 19, 2014
    Ah, that's news to me. Jolly good.

8. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    And here we are four years later. Still nothing...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.