main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Disney+ Star Wars content - weekly drops or all at once?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by BigAl6ft6, Jan 14, 2019.

?

well? how is we getting our Disney+ Star Wars-ing!

1. Weekly!

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. All at once!

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. They're gonna give you, like, 2 or 3 drop at the front and then drop it weekly afterwards

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    it will be weekly. they want subscribers to stay as long as possible.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd probably lose interest and the show would lose momentum imo.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    so it'll definitely be weekly, however, I am wondering on Launch Day, will their be at least 2 eps of Mandalorian available or only just 1? I have a feeling they'll be 2 eps on launch day for no particular reason / special launch day circumstances.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Favreau has already confirmed that they’ll be weekly releases. No need to speculate.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm glad it'll be a weekly release. I enjoy all the discussion and speculation in between episodes. This is going to be a lot of fun!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    Slightly off topic but has there been any more information / rumours on when Disney+ will be launching in the UK? Had a look online but I can't see anything new. I don't even know why they can't launch it in November.

7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think Disney reps said it won’t officially launch in the UK until Boris is ousted from power.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    So next week then...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    God willing.

Psycho Weiner likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Cinemablend says that it premieres at 12 AM PT which is 3 AM EST. I am a backwards vampire zombie person on the East Coast so Netflix drops things at 3 AM my time (12 AM Left Coast) which I am okay with but has it been confirmed it'll land then at 12 AM PT? reason I ask is because Amazon Prime drops shows at 12 AM EST.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  11. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    What's the likelihood that the first season of The Mandalorian is split in half due to the release of TROS and the holiday season? So, four episodes from 11/12-12/3 and then picks back up for the last four 1/7-1/28? Then Clone Wars returns in February.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder how long after Clone wars has ended we have to wait for Cassian and Kenobi. Clone wars probaly ends in early may.

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    If I had to make an estimated guess, The Cassian Series will be in late 2020 (possibly early 2021) Kenobi probably won't happen until 2021 sometime.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not likely at all. Generally not seen as a good idea to split up a live action TV show like that. Especially if you’re trying to hook early adopters into the Disney+ service.

15. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Hmm. That would mean it would roll out on a weekly basis through to 12/31. I'm fine with it either way, just wondering if Lucasfilm is still going to take the cautious approach of not overlapping too much, especially since TROS is likely to suck up all of the oxygen in December.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh yeah. I for some reason didn’t quite realize that one episode a week for eight weeks takes us to the end of the year. In that case, your scenario is certainly plausible.

Unless we get, say, the first three episodes all at once on November 12. Then the finale will be on December 17. With TROS following on the 20th.

And watching an awesome Mando finale, and craving more Star Wars, might be a really great buzz generator for the release of TROS three days later.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Anyone who wants the show to drop all at once, just pretend the series was delayed and then marathon it.

Avnar and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah actually that's what I am wondering if at launch we'll have more than just 1 episode because it would be odd if Rise of Skywalker comes out and Mandalorian is still putting out new episodes.

To be fair, Star Trek Discovery did a split in it's first season by basically going dark for December. but I am thinking it's likely we'll have more than 1 episode at launch.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    To be fair, Star Trek Discovery did a split by making me want to watch a series about Pike and the early Enterprise crew and then having them fly off in a different direction than the characters the show will be following. Dammit.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    If I had to make a guess, The Mando will go up until the release of TROS, and go on the Christmas hiatus and start back up in 2020. Kinda like the Animated shows did. Actually many shows on various networks do that. Can be a bummer though.

Wrinty likes this.