main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends DITL I: Arik's Fury~(AU; canon and OC's) *Author Note~*Fic now on hiatus 10/15*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    "As defined on Star Trek, the word Imzadi translates to "my beloved". It is a Betazoid word that Councelor Deanna Troi and Commander William Riker used when referring to one another. I thought it would be appropriate to use it in reference to Luke and Mara since these two relationships remind me so much of each other."

HA! Learn something new every day!
    Which is that, Deep Space Nine?

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Yodimus~Knowledge is power. [face_laugh]

Actually, it's from Star Trek: The Next Generation. I always loved that series and the reference is so fitting. Troi and Riker were always dancing around each other and the issue that they were totally in love. That just screams of Luke and Mara. [face_laugh] It seemed appropriate.

3. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Oh right! That's the one with the Reading Rainbow guy in it. And the one-lettered god. Now i remember.

Well, sorta remember. Never got into it enough to really know what was going on. Y'know, for a TV series that prided itself on its self-contained episodes, i always felt out of the loop for some reason.

Maybe i just couldn't get the hang of what a phazer was..

4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Chapter 9, part 1

Varen Durron didn’t know what to think of the young man sitting across from him at the table. Outwardly, Arik seemed calm, but Varen could sense the anger that boiled just beneath the surface. It made him nervous. He’d seen HoloNet reports about young Arik Kenobi and his role in the Rebel Alliance. By all accounts, Arik was an exceptional pilot and well on his way to becoming a full-fledged Jedi Knight. It was that last fact that made Varen the most nervous. In his experience, an angry Jedi Knight made for a bad day where anyway that got in his way was concerned.

“So Arik, what are your plans once you leave Deyer Colony?,” Varen asked conversationally, hoping to draw Arik out of the shell he seemed to be locked inside.

Arik quickly looked up from his meal and stared at Varen for a few moments. He could sense both genuine concern and an underlying fear in the older man. Deep down inside where he kept his more sensible feelings, Arik was touched by the concern. But in his current frame of mind, all Arik could focus on was the fear. He liked that Varen was afraid of him. Fear controlled people.

“I hadn’t given it much thought, Varen,” Arik said in his best-disinterested tone.

“Are you going to stay with us for a while?,” fourteen year-old Melanya asked, the excitement and anticipation of just such an occurrence coming through loud and clear in her voice.

Arik glanced at his half-sister and his anger was peeled away by her innocent look. She trusted him, and she wanted to know him. She’d already lost one brother and he truly didn’t know if he could walk away and cost her a second sibling. He wanted to know her too.

“I may stay for a few days, Melanya, yes,” he told her softly. No one at the table missed how Arik’s whole demeanor changed when he spoke to the teenage girl.

“Great! You can show me how to use your lightsaber,” Melanya happily told her brother. She completely missed the looks of shock her parents and Kyp gave her.

Arik simply ignored their looks. “Of course, I can teach you. You’re Force-sensitive, you should learn anyway,” he told the girl, knowing full well that he had now backed Varen and Elisha into a corner. Neither parent had ever told their children about their potential to be Jedi.

Kyp’s head snapped up, his curiosity on full at Arik’s offhanded comment. “Our parents aren’t Force-sensitive…” he paused before finishing his thought,”so how is that even possible?” came Kyp’s question, his skepticism coloring every word.

“Your parents are Force-sensitive Kyp,” Arik informed the boy, delighting in his expression of disbelief. “Our mother could have been a powerful Jedi had she ever been fully trained,” he said as he looked directly at Elisha, his eyes letting her know for the first time that he was in possession of all the facts concerning her origins.

“Yes, well, I wasn’t ever trained so it does not matter,” Elisha carefully told her children. Her eyes stayed locked on Arik’s. She couldn’t help but wish that she had been fully trained; perhaps she’d know what his intentions were.

“Mother, you could have been a Jedi?,” Melanya asked excitedly.

Varen glared at Arik, silently berating the young man for bringing up the issue of the Force with his children. It wasn’t something he ever wanted them to experience, even now that the Empire had been defeated. But here it was, staring them all in the face.

“No one is going to be a Jedi. Now, eat your meal children,” Varen commander in a harsh tone. He left no room for argument from either Kyp or Melanya, but Arik’s deep green eyes blazed in protest at the order.

“Why hold them back?,” Arik asked quickly. “They both have the potential to be powerful Jedi. You’re denying them their birthright,” he told Varen, making the older man angrier by the minute.

“I am denying them nothing. I’m simply trying to…,” Varen started.

“Yes, you are. They are his great-grandchildren and could be…,” Arik had started to say, but stopped when he suddenly felt an invisible hand clasp over his mouth. He shifted his eyes to Elisha and saw her intently concentrating on him, her hand outstretched.

Kyp and Melanya were stunned as they watched their mother display Force powers. Varen was equally shocked. She’d just said that she hadn’t been fully trained. Yet here she was, exhibiting an obvious Jedi skill that must have taken a while to learn.

“I want all of you to stop this. Varen, he’s right. The children should be trained. It’s safe now, the Empire is gone,” Elisha said, slowly releasing her grip over Arik.

“Do that again and I’ll…,” Arik began to threaten, but immediately stopped when he saw Varen reach for his blaster. A slow smile spread across his face, highlighting his handsome good looks, yet turning his eyes nearly black in his rage. “Go ahead and fire, Durron, you won’t like what happens next,” Arik taunted, feeling his anger rise at this old man that had the audacity to threaten him with a blaster pistol.

“Don’t tempt me kid. You won’t like what happens next,” Varen tossed the words back, his look every bit as intimidating as Arik’s.

“Don’t threaten me, old man,” Arik warned. “I have more power than you could ever dream of possessing. You fire that blaster at me and I promise you, it’ll be the last mistake you’ll ever make.”

With no warning at all, Varen fired the blaster sending the deadly energy bolt straight at Arik.

5. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    I'm being a good sis and up-ing your fic.

BTW, it's really good. I can't wait to see what Arik does to Varen.

6. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks Angel. I appreciate it.

7. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Chapter 9, part 2

Time slowed to a crawl for Arik as he watched the blaster bolt rush at him. Disbelief colored his perceptions. Fear tugged at his mind. Anger and white hot rage gripped his heart.

“Arik! Watch out!,” Melanya screamed at her brother.

“Father, no!,” Kyp yelled.

“Varen! Nooooo!,” Elisha shouted at her husband.

Arik didn’t hear their calls. His focus had narrowed; all he could see was the blaster bolt. Gathering the Force tightly around himself, he lifted his hand. The flash of the bolt striking his hand forced his eyes shut. He’d done it. He’d deflected the energy bolt. He’d deflected it right back at Varen.

“Oh, Force no,” Elisha whispered. She darted quickly across the kitchen towards the crumpled form of her husband.

Varen’s eyes were rolled back in his head. The gaping wound in his chest was bleeding profusely, staining the polished floor an angry shade of red. His blaster was half way across the room, having been ripped from his hand as he was thrown off his feet.

“Varen. Varen! Please wake up!,” Elisha cried. She pressed a cloth to his chest wound, knowing instinctively that it wouldn’t help; it wouldn’t matter at all.

Arik looked on dispassionately. He could feel the dark power coursing through his veins. Never had he felt so mighty, so invincible. He stepped closer to his fallen stepfather and sobbing mother. “Don’t bother, he’s dead,” he told her as she tried in vain to heal the mortal wound.

“You sick, twisted…,” Kyp started, but stopped when he suddenly found himself plastered against the opposite wall, held in place by the Force.

“Watch yourself, Kyp. You wouldn’t want to end up like your father,” Arik warned, his tone deceptively light considering the current situation.

Elisha looked up from her husband’s dead body to stare at her son. He had a look about him she had seen only once before in her life. His muscles were clinched tightly. His breathing was erratic. But it was his eyes that she noticed the most. His green eyes had darkened to near-black with hatred and anger. It was as if she’d been transported into the past and was standing in front of Anakin Skywalker again.

“Don’t do this Arik. Please. You’re not your father,” she quietly said to the enraged young man. “You’re better than him. Don’t sink to his level. Let Kyp go, Arik. Let go of your hate. It makes you weak, not strong.”

“Yeah, do what she says! Let me go!,” Kyp yelled. “Please!.”

Shaking his head furiously, Arik released his Force-hold on Kyp, dropping the boy to the ground. “What happened?,” he whispered.

“What do you mean what happened?! Don’t you remember!?,” Kyp questioned angrily.

Elisha carefully stepped closer to Arik. “Arik, do you really not remember anything?,” she asked.

The young man sat down heavily in one of the chairs and wiped a hand over his face. “I remember arguing with Varen. The he…the blaster…he fired a blaster at me. It’s blank after that. I don’t remember anything after that,” he told them, confusion coloring his thoughts.

“You deflected the blaster bolt, Arik. You held out your hand and you…you murdered my father!,” Melanya screamed.

Arik lifted his eyes quickly to meet Elisha’s. “I mur-murdered…did I really do that?,” he asked quietly, fearful of the answer.

“Yes, you did that, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking…nerf-herder!,” Kyp hissed at Arik.

Elisha calmed her two younger children, then leveled Arik with an intense stare. “Has anything like this ever happened before, Arik?,” she asked in an even tone, not letting an ounce of her grief and anger bleed through. “Have you ever done something and then not remembered?”

Arik was quiet for a few moments as he searched his memories. Quickly, he found the memory he wanted. “Once. I was a child, maybe seven or eight years old. My mother…um…Padme, I mean, she said I pitched a fit, a Force-assisted tantrum.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

”Arik Kenobi, sit down right now. We will not go through this again,” Padme yelled at her son. The boy was being incredibly disobedient. He was definitely Anakin Skywalker’s son.

“No! Nooooo!,” Arik screamed. “Don’t tell me what to do!”

Padme was shocked at the boy’s actions. He’d always been such a well-behaved child. But now it seemed that his temper had reached overload. “Do not yell at me, young man. I am your mother and you are going to listen to me,” she harshly told the boy. “I want you to…,” she began.

“Noooooo!,” Arik cut her off with his loud scream, followed by the little boy’s unrestrained use of the Force. He held out his hands and suddenly dishes, chairs, everything in the kitchen was quickly flying around the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“She said that it went on for five minutes. I broke everything in the kitchen,” Arik quietly said. “I have no memory of that event. She and Obi-Wan told me the story years later. I don’t think either of them ever knew why I couldn’t remember.”

Elisha wiped away her remaining tears as she looked at her son. Despite his missing memory, his remorse was palpable. He was sorry for what he had done. But that didn’t change the fact that he had just killed her husband. Something would need to be done about that.

8. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    That was really good.

Can't wait to see what Elisha does to take care of Arik.

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thank you Angel. You seem to be the only one reading this.

Oh, Elisha has plans, but will she get the chance to do anything?

10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Important author note on first page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.