main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do chistians see Atheist as bad people?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Paranorina, Feb 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cydonia

cydonia Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 6, 2001
    Atheists tend to be more informed of the bible than many christians.

2. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I partly agree with you, Cydonia. The thing is, the atheists know what they want to know. They only choose to look at the historical stuff. Christians choose to look at the spiritual side of things. They study the Bible for what it says (or at least they should ;)). They stdy it to know God. I'm pretty sure there are many who don't even do that though. Such a pity...

3. cydonia

cydonia Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 6, 2001
    Both sides deserve equal attention i think, and i think both sides should try to remain objective and look at all the info before they truly make a choice. It's easy to get caught up in something, harder to get out.
    Faith in something is a valuable thing to many people, but there should be solid thinking behind it as well. People have faith they are being abducted by aliens, that they are Joan of Arc reincarnated, that Allah wants all Americans dead, it goes on and on. People get swept up in movements and trends, they all think they are right. In the end none of these people can prove their claims are true.

4. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    how do you christians know what the truth is? to quote a wise man, reality is your interpretation of the truth. so far as i've heard it, its a kunundrum that every single religious person i've talked to falls into:
    how do you know what the truth about the universe is?
    its written in the bible.
    how do you know the bible is true?
    god wrote it.
    how do you know god wrote it?
    its written in the bible.
    how do you know the bible is true though?

and so on. 'tis a vicious cycle.

5. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Bah! I've seen this silly cycle-argument enough.

Christians read the Bible and believe.
    Then...
    how do you know the bible is true?
    We have faith.
    how do you know god wrote it?
    We have faith.

We tend to point to the Bible because it is the basis of our faith. The true answer then shouldn't be 'because it's in the Bible', but rather 'because of our faith'.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.