main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do we still have administrators?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Padme Bra, Jul 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    Well, I was kinda thinking of making new admins but the other admins don't think we need them.

2. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Thanks for trying, LC.

Vertical

3. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    I can't get no. Oh, no, no, no. Hey, hey, hey
    That's what I say
    I can't get no satisfaction, I can't get no satisfaction
    'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try
    I can't get no, I can't get no

4. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I am Jack's firmly held tongue.

5. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    I see your point, Padme Bra, but it would be a BETTER point if CloudClimber's idea was tried and failed...

I just don't see why they can't try it for a week. It wouldn't be that big of a deal for such a short time, and it could prove to be a good experiment on how to effectively administer the board.

6. Tiker Kotnom

Tiker Kotnom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2000
    so, that's what happened to all the admins....Jay..is duct tape still illegal to post in the forums, i noticed it in your profile? >.O

7. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    Do you mean am I allowed to talk about Duct Tape in here? Sure, I guess. I once wasn't allowed to talk about it in Suggestions on the old board, but hey, it's now Communications, and a whole new board. :D

8. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    For the record, it seems LC is back as an Admin.

9. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    I don't think anyone even noticed.

10. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    I only noticed because I saw her name in pretty colors again...

11. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Same.

I hope LC sticks to it this time. Swapping between the two isn't going to be good for stability.

12. JediMasterAlpha

JediMasterAlpha Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 1999
    I just hope she doesn't try to declare martial law on the forums and threaten to ban everyone in sight again.

13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Perhaps she'll try to dissolve the Senate and let the Regional Governors take control.

14. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    That was uncalled for. Since you're going to be negative I am going to ask you to please stop. It doesn't serve any purpose than a personal one to make yourself feel better.

15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Relax, I didn't mean it to be insulting, I support LC fully. I was just trying to lighten things up here. Sheesh.

16. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    I want to thank YTAP (among others) for having confidence in my abilities. I'm just going to have to learn to ignore the trolls and only give my time and attention to the more serious and mature members who respect each other and the admins.

17. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Kyle Karate, I am sorry, but I was talking to the post above yours... :D

18. JediMasterAlpha

JediMasterAlpha Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 1999
    Alright. I'm mad. Now I've been called a troublemaker, a troll and immature, all within 24 hours. All for speaking the TRUTH.

I have had nothing but RESPECT for the admins since I've been here. Ask any of the admins who know me. And they were all deserving of respect.

I tried to approach the situation last night with reason and calm, and instead get called a trouble maker, and informed that I'm high on someone's list to ban. You're right on that I'm a little negative.

Ugh I'm mad...but I'm going to stop now. Because I RESPECT PB's request. And I'm not going to stoop to the level of personal attacks.

"For the Jedi, there is no emotion. There is peace."

19. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    I wasn't talking to you, Alpha. I'm sorry if you took that personally.

20. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    I'm just curious, but who out of all the admins spends most of their time in the Eppy2 & 3 forum?

21. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    tonyf and Mr K would be the top 2 in there.

22. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    I know that I can't say one word around here anymore without getting my head bitten off but this thread has been resurrected and four others have been created about how we don't have proper administration around here.

Since I made this thread we've lost an admin and gained... Anyway, I think this is something the administration should think about because it's only going to get worse as the number of new members increases. I nominate epic. I think he would be fair and I'd also think he would stand up for what he believes in.

23. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    Please don't nominate. I don't want hurt feelings around here. The admins are aware of this problem and I will personally take action to make sure that it is remedied as soon as possible. Thank you.

24. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    With all due respect, if you were aware of the problem there shouldn't have been a problem.

"I don't want to hurt feelings around here"
    --LOL!

25. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    You know what, Padme Bra?

I've ALWAYS thought epic would make an EXCELLENT admin.

Not to speak for him, though, but that's TOTALLY UNFEASIBLE. He's already in charge of Jedi.net, FilmForce and FanForce. And if you go to FilmForce, you'd know how much work it must take epic to keep things in line over there.

As for nomination - one exception. In "No Spoilers", they're nominating Dark Lady Mara - and even though I don't support nominating admins in general, I supported them. I think they've already communicated with you guys, though, so I'm not going to go into detail here. But that's the ONE EXAMPLE I can think of where nomination was not a bad idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.