main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you feel that the JCF should allow 'same gender relationships' to be portrayed in the fan fiction

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Feb 13, 2003.

?

Do you feel that the JCF should allow 'same gender relationships' to be portrayed in the fan fiction

Poll closed Mar 16, 2003.
  1. No

93 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Yes any/all characters

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  3. Yes, OC only

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Yes, but limited to 'implied sexuality', no relationships.

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. Yes, with restrictions on depiction (ie "Film Han and Leia", romantic diologue, some hand

5 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. Yes, with the same limitations as listed in the FAQ for depiction of adult hetrosexual relations.

147 vote(s)
    58.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    *cough* just seeing if this'll make a dissapearing post appear...

2. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Hoorah! I signed the petition.

3. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Cool, Kaine. :)

You know, if Josh really believed that not allowing SSR fics was wrong, he'd risk it. If his conscience was weighing on him, no outside threats would deter his conviction to allow equality.
    But, it's quite clear this is not a dilemma he is facing. It's not just the fear of damaging this site he's worked so hard on that's influencing his choice.

4. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    Then what is it? You apparently have a very good idea of what's going on in his head. Do you own a major Star Wars site, and have you weighed all the possible hurdles you would have to face if *you* made this stand, publically, in front of millions of peole? I'd like to know.

And when has it ever become *quite clear* that he was acting in any matter besides for the percieved(yes, percieved, I'll admit that maybe his perception of good is wrong) good of this site?

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

I personally enjoy this site quite a bit. If Josh changed this site and then the LFL shut it down I would feel this was quite a loss--I agree that people who are screaming about Josh's conscience don't have anything to lose, and I think this is a bunch of selfish guilt-trip nonsense. This is a privately owned site. Does this not get through to anyone? This is also a NON PROFIT site. If slash was permitted and then Josh got involved in all kinds of legal problems I certainly wouldn't blame him if he decided to disband the whole site altogether. It's not worth all these headaches. People who haven't worked to make the site as well done as it is, should step back a moment and think how much work went into this before just shouting "Off with his head!"

Even though the majority of people believe that slash should be allowed, I don't think the majority of people believe that Josh is a Nazi-minded bigot for banning slash, or that the site should be forced to host slash no matter what. If Darth Breezy reposted the poll with the question: "How many people believe the site should be shut down if slash was not permitted"--I think the numbers of the poll would be vastly different.

I believe that in a fair world all types of fics should be allowed, and, for the record, I voted on the last option. However, I reiterate what I've said all along:

There is a huge world wide web out there. Anyone who wants to write and post slash can do it elsewhere.

6. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i signed the petition

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I fixed the link in my post on page 1...
    Same link as below.

petition here

Edit:

Looks over last few pages of thread...

Hands out copious amounts of aspirin to all parties involved...

8. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Some people can afford to take stands, because they have nothing to lose. Some of you said it yourself. You're in the Netherlands. You don't own this site. You're not affected by American legalities.

Neither are you.

9. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

You have again gloriously missed the point, Jaxx. You're very good at that.

10. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Not getting insulting, are we?

11. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    That's enough.

Focus on the issues or don't post at all.

No personal commentary. JG has warned about that repeatedly, and can close this thread at any time because of it.

12. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Thank you, KW. :)

13. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Yup, and that was the last time. I've lost count of the times I've said not to be insulting, so that last one gets a day's vacation. Sorry to close the the thread.

If you're interested in the question, link to Breezy's petition above, or on the first page of the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.