main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Do you like every Star Wars film

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 20, 2019.

?

Do you like every single Star Wars movie?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. No

73 vote(s)
    58.4%
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love all the movies for different reaosns the PT was kostly the story of Anakin and how he fell to the the dark side, the OT it's about both the story and the character develpment. The ST i like the story but i love the character deleopment and ineraction. I like both Rouge one and Solo for the story. Solo did better with the characters i believe. Clone wars movie im ok on, i like the character interaction with Anakin and Ashoka, the stiry was pretty dull.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey not so rare. There are dozens of us!

3. innocence and experience

innocence and experience Jedi Knight

Dec 23, 2016
    Yup.

The Phantom Menace

To me it’s a highly enjoyable, innocent and charming film that kickstarts the saga in a beautiful way.

Attack of the Clones

Compelling and engaging mystery with seeds of the jedi’s downfall already planted and being sprouted.

Revenge of the Sith

Tragic and something straight out of a Shakespeare play, and sets up the original trilogy nicely.

A New Hope

Classic in every sense of the word.

Empire Strikes Back

Utterly intense and doesn’t let up with the dread felt throughout the film as the empire continues to defeat the heroes in many ways, but there is still that sense of hope at the end.

Return of the Jedi

Overall just a fun and fitting conclusion to the whole series before Disney took over.

The Force Awakens

This is the weakest of the films to me, but it was great watching it at the pictures. My main complaint is how much alike it is to A New Hope, but overall I still enjoy it for what it is.

The Last Jedi

Beautifully made film with a unique perspective and look on things that make Star Wars tick, I enjoyed the shades of grey here.

Rise of Skywalker

I’m still processing this film but I think it really did go out of its way to be as grand a finale as possible and any complaints I have is minor.

Solo

I really dug this film, it proved that a SW movie didn’t have to have galactic life or death stakes to be compelling. Most would say it would be better as a show and maybe that is true, but we still got a high budget standalone adventure and I wouldn’t give that up for anything.

Rogue One

While a bit slow in places, it still delivers in the final act and also of showing what Galaxy life was like under the empire. Cassian is boss too.

The Clone Wars

Honestly I only saw bits and parts of this film, I can’t judge it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Dream-Thinker and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    What he said. I like some more than others, but I like all things Star Wars.

Dream-Thinker, Link1130 and Iron_lord like this.
  5. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Yep - if we went with the original Cartoon network Clone Wars I'd say yes... and I agree that it's way better than it's successor.

The actual 3d animated clone wars movie isn't just bad.. it's like bad compared to other kids cartoons

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Not anymore

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  7. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I like every Star Wars movie. Even my least favorite of them (TFA and TLJ respectively) are still fun, action-packed films in my opinion.

8. Gräfin Zeppelin

Gräfin Zeppelin Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2019
    No, I reject the prequels and while the sequels are five leagues above them they are still five leagues below the original SW films.

R1 was nice bar of the reactor retconing but I can ignore that. I also found the CGI characters not so good. Still a decent SW film.
    By all means Solo was okish too.

9. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I’m not fond of the sequel trilogy movies, especially TROS. Fortunately these can be easily ignored.

10. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I'm able to find entertainment in all the films... but I probably would never watch the PT or ST if they weren't Star Wars films.

The RO->ANH->TESB sequence is significantly better than the other films (I'd include half of ROTJ in that sequence also). I actually wondered if it was just nostalgia until Rogue One was released and disabused me of that notion.

11. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I have now seen TROS multiple times, and I like it fair enough. So Rogue One is the only Star Wars movie that I dislike still. 1/11 is not bad!

Dream-Thinker and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I've found something to like in pretty much all of them. And the 9-movie marathon at the theater truly was an amazing experience, something that can never be repeated.
    The Disney output has suffered somewhat from the lack of a more cohesive vision, and the lack of Lucas calling the shots, but I'm willing to overlook those weaknesses because there are still some moments to savor, regardless, and I'm happy that John Williams was able to score episodes 1-9.

This statement obviously solely applies to the films. The TV stuff is a mixed bag! [face_whistling]

Count Yubnub likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I dislike AOTC and most of ROTS. Not really liking TROS either.

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would say I like something about every film, with the exception of TLJ. Overall, I favor the CT, R1, and the television shows over the PT and ST. I just barely like the PT more than the ST.

Anyhow, here's something absurd and damn hilarious, and I could not stop giggling about it. In a way, it applies to the whole saga.

Gräfin Zeppelin likes this.
  15. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I dislike 1 & 2 as individual movie experiences. But I do like certain things within every Star Wars movie.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  16. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    I put yes because being a ST fan (and on these boards) has made me appreciate episodes 1 & 2 like I hadn’t before. The rest I like very much to love in varying degrees.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Bossk74

Bossk74 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    I only dislike one Star Wars film. I'm not fond of it's director either. [face_devil]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  18. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I love everything outside of the ST. TFA and RoS have enough redeeming qualities that I might say "yes" to this question if I was feeling charitable, but... because of TLJ, it has to be a "no".

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Every single one of them. Oh there are misgivings here and there in them, but no one thing or sum of all those things allows me to put any of them in the category of "bad". Some people talk like these flicks are Battlefield Earth.

Dream-Thinker and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  20. RDeckard

RDeckard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Honestly, I can't watch TPM and AotC is borderline watchable. Everything else is fine.

21. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Each one of the films is beautiful and has its own poetry.

22. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    This is the way!

Panakas_Dawg and Iron_lord like this.
  23. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    I like them all, some I love. Some disappointed me but I still found stuff to cherish about them.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    I think three.... MAYBE four of them are objectively very poor movies (The prequels & TROS).

I still *like* all of them and honestly on some level love them.

25. CaptainSuchandSuch

CaptainSuchandSuch Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2015
    I can say I enjoy something from all of them, though obviously I favor some over others, and there are some I hold higher in canon, others I think of as kind of a lesser sub-canon (like the old EU).

Off-topic: shoutout to @Panakas_Dawg for a fellow Panaka avatar. You're the first one I've met in my 4 years here.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.