main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Do you like every Star Wars film

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 20, 2019.

?

Do you like every single Star Wars movie?

1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. No

73 vote(s)
    58.4%
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

Hernalt likes this.
  2. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    All I like is the Lucas saga. Though Rogue One wasn't that bad.

Count Yubnub and Princess_Tina like this.
  3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The Lucas saga is the best! [face_dancing]

4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I voted yes, cause I love most of them, but even the one or two that aren't my favs, there are still great scenes and sequences in them.

5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    TPM - Yes
    AOTC - Yes
    TCW - Mostly
    ROTS - Yes
    Solo - Somewhat
    Rogue - Somewhat
    ANH - Yes
    TESB - Yes
    ROTJ - Yes
    TFA - No
    TLJ - No
    TROS - No

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yup! I love them all except for the Clone Wars film. But I still like it. The show is 100x better though.

7. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    The question was do I Like every film? Yes. Do I LOVE every film? No.

8. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    Not even close -- some I love, some I'm indifferent to, some I detest. I guess I tend to take a cafeteria approach to Star Wars -- I pay a great deal of attention to the parts of it I love and just ignore the rest.

9. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, my answer still remains "yes". The new one that I don't "love" still comes in ahead of several of the others, and I've already said I like those ones conditionally.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't like the PT. TPM has some stuff that I like and a lot that I don't like at all, and the others have a lot less in them that I like. I watched them all within the last month or so, and when they were over, I just didn't feel like I had enjoyed any of them.

11. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I think TLJ has it's moments, like the scene between Luke and Leia and I do like Kylo in the movie (thanks in part to seeing his arc complete in TROS, and I must admit I really like his story.) So I had to say that I do like every Star Wars movie.

12. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would say yes. I do at least "like" every SW film, I mean-it's Star Wars! I definitely have my rankings of favorites, with the gaps between films being either close or wide depending. As an example, I don't really agree with a lot of how TLJ plays out, but I still enjoy watching it as it does also have enjoyable moments.

I'm the kind of person where good things in a film can redeem bad things. I'm not one of those that feels that an ENTIRE film is ruined, just because of one element I didn't like....Like both Bruce Wayne and Superman's mother's names being Martha stops their fight. I mean sure, that's a lame reason-but the rest of that film is fantastic-and that one moment doesn't ruin the whole movie for me. AOTC is another example: For each of the few cringeworthy romance scenes in there, there are several MORE awesome sequences in there that totally make up for it-and IMO stand out as some of the best sequences across even the whole saga!

I should say that IMO TROS (as I predicted) helped me see TFA and TLJ differently-in a good way. So now, I actually enjoy the ST more than I did, say...two years ago.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  13. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I would have said yes I liked every SW film... until TLJ. Now my answer is no. I'm currently in a place where I pick and choose which SW is valid in my personal SW story. GL's Saga is part of it, some of Legends is part of it, and some of Disney's stuff is part of it... but none of the ST. Solo I can take or leave because it's pretty harmless to the overall story, but I really don't see the OT's Han Solo in it. He's more like a different SW character named Han that hooked up with Chewie, and that's fine because it's a reasonably fun movie.

14. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I like every saga film, and both of the anthology films were OK.

Personally, the six original saga films, the ones with George running the show, form my hardened personal canon. I'm on the fence about the sequels because I want to love them but my feelings are too mixed. If George didn't decree it, I am not sure anything counts any more than legends. I mean the Sequel Trilogy is better than the holiday special and the marvel comics and many of the old EU continuations, but it's not quite equal. And there are so many "issues" that they add up to weaken it despite some legitimate saga-level epic moments and emotional and mythic content.

One thing I've said since episode I however is that the more films come out the less people should expect to love all of them equally. With more and more entries there are bound to be some relative disappointments and disagreements among fans. My personal ranking puts the sequel trilogy in the lowest tier, and it has more problems than the prequels or classic trilogy. But it's still plenty of fun and most of the things that bothered me ended up having explanations.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Do I like every film with the name "Star Wars" in it? Absolutely not, TFA and TROS are insults to me as a fan.

Do I like all of the real George Lucas Star Wars? Without a doubt yes!

16. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Like? Yes. Love? Not really. I don't "love" the anthology movies I only like them.

Like or love equally? No way. I love almost every part of every classic trilogy film. I love most of the prequel trilogy and only have misgivings about a few specific elements. I really enjoy and like a lot of things in the sequel trilogy but it is crowded with issues. Fan ingenuity can heal or dismiss some of those issues, but it's got too many of those things. I have love for the best aspects of the sequels and like most of what we got, but the positivity is in spite of serious flaws. Especially knowing that George Lucas' influence was severely cut back and only a few key ideas remain from his outlines.

17. Luna2112

Luna2112 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2016
    I like them all to some degree, minus the ST which I actively dislike (putting it nicely). TPM is probably the one I like the least, with RotS and ESB tied for my favorite.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  18. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Well there are varying degrees of "like". Does every film have something I like in it? Yes aside from 'Solo'. I think that's a pretty useless movie

19. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    I do not like THE RISE OF SKYWALKER and ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

20. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    "No, I do Not like every single Star Wars movie."
    I like SW77, entirely
    I like ESB, entirely. I laugh at people that say, Dat scene in ESB, tho.
    Like ROTJ even though it has a pacing issue on the front and a credibility issue with the Ewoks
    Do not like AOTC, but Ewan McGregor v Temuera Morrison keeps it afloat
    Do not like ROTS because of a CGI shortcut and a critical narrative shortcut, but I get it that it had constraints
    Do like TPM as a guilty sensory pleasure even though it is hobbled by a critical casting choice and a critical frequency of a separate character

Sarge likes this.
  21. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    I'm not glad to say this, but I don't really like TFA. The whole concept of rehashing ANH and reducing a galaxy to a couple of close by planets deprived of any alienness on top of unimaginative script with a main character who manages to do everything she likes is just unworthy of SW.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  22. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    No. Dislike all ST films due to unimaginative stories, one dimensional characters, and forgettable locales, but TLJ had Luke's Crait scene at least.

Dont like RO as a movie due to its pacing issues and lack of character development, but do like the locales and how it fits into the broader SW universe. I like Solo for enhancing a character I didnt give a crap about beforehand and being the only SW film of the Disney era to break away from the Empire vs Rebels dynamic.

I like 1-6 equally. Some more than others, but they are all part of the Lucasverse saga, which is more important.

I like ROTS, ESB, and TPM entirely. I like AOTC, despite some pacing issues. I find ANH overrated, especially the middle act, but it's a classic. ROTJ is the only one I dont like as much due to pacing, cheap effects, and underwhelming action, but the last 10-15 minutes tie up the saga perfectly.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  23. jaimestarr

jaimestarr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2004
    I do. To me it's like pizza. Sure, I like some brands/flavors/toppings better, but "bad" pizza is still better to me than good tacos.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I like Tacos better than bad pizza lol

Darth__Lobot and Sarge like this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Pineapple pizza is gross.

christophero30 and jaimestarr like this.