main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you like the title "Revenge of the Sith"?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Jul 26, 2004.

?

Do you like the title "Revenge of the Sith"?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

91.3%
  2. No

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FORCEOF1

FORCEOF1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2004
    YES! Can't wait!

(Well, I can, but it's hard and everyday something new develops and is better than the day before. I'm pumped that we've got this long to savor the last installment!)

2. Jolt-Cola

Jolt-Cola Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 27, 2002
    Simply put: the best of the prequel titles.

...Which is not much. But still, it is a good title even on its own.

3. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    the Sith DO want Revenge -- hence the line, "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi" At last we will have revenge."

4. darthchewie

darthchewie Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2003
    Definetely the best prequel title. Sounds like a classic trilogy title. I like it a lot.

5. Knor_KDY

Knor_KDY Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2004
    I like the title, really ties in with the rest of the Star Wars titles, though AotC is a bit out of place.

10,5 Months, the wait !! the horrible long wait!! :(

6. nexius98

nexius98 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2004
    Ofcourse i voted yes:D
    Best title with ROTJ

7. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
  8. PhantomJediUK

PhantomJediUK Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    It was a 'No' from me.

I was disappointed when I heard it, I guess I still am. I don't hate the title, but I absolutely loved the choices of The Phantom Menace (my fave title) and Attack of the Clones, and I wish that ol' George had chosen something a little less predictable. For me it is a typical fanboy title - the kind they invent when they are five years old and just plucking words from the old trilogy to continue the story as they play in the yard with their Kenner action figures.

I think Lucasfilm could have been a little more inventive with the title, this one just smacks of laziness.

Obi-UK

9. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    If I had to rank the titles...

The Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Attack of the Clones
    The Phantom Menace
    A New Hope

I like em all really.

10. nexius98

nexius98 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2004
    How mnay times do i have to say it..
    he didnt choose ROTS cus we said it...obviously fanboys all voer the world for a long time b4 each movie have thrown up the best titles that we feel would fit in and look and sound right for the sort of SW movie that was in production/ being realeased, and this time around we have mostly all said revenge of the jedi as we all like the sound of it and it fits so very well... and he's picked it, honestly theres no beter title.. this is all about revenge and greeed and power and REVENGE OF THE SITH is just that!
    BEST TITLE EVER FOR SW ! GG !!!

11. SON-OF-THE-SITH

SON-OF-THE-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2004
    EXXCCCELLENTTT!!!!

Looks like GL has saved the best for last in titles and movies. Can't wait for the first trailers.

12. troops

troops Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Looks like he chose a safe one for this film, I still think it is not being creative. He finally found use for Revenge of the ________ in his story, even though it's been around since the 80's

13. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Revenge of the Sith has been in the making since The TPM, like when Darth Maul was saying something like "at last we will have revenge." I like the parallel between Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi, ultra-cool!

14. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    'This is an AWESOME TITLE!'

-although i seriously doubt that Lucas knew the titles of his movies past 'Empire Strikes Back' heck, 'A New Hope' was known as 'Star Wars' for years......put i think that when Lucas decided against naming 'Return of the Jedi' 'Revenge of the Jedi' he was onto something-

15. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    I love the title, and can't wait to see the movie. Voted a very big Yes!

16. Obi-Jay_Kenobi

Obi-Jay_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Yes...love the title

17. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    For those that are still confused about why the Sith want revenge, I'm sure more info will be revealed in the movie. Although it was hinted at in Episode 1 and 2, it would not be good storytelling to reveal everything too early. For me, the title is a provocative one, stimulating my curiosity to make me see the film even more.

18. JimmySizzleChest

JimmySizzleChest Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2004
    Yes i like the title. maybe not the best choice but i like it.

19. MikeB

MikeB Jedi Master star 2

Jan 31, 1999
    I just voted yes.

Go me!

20. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    I vote YES! The circle is now complete! :)

But what if the title is change to "RETURN of the SITH" by the time the film comes out??!?!!? :eek: :p

21. SENATOR_OVALTINE

SENATOR_OVALTINE Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2004
    HOLY CRAP I went on vacation for a week and came back to an absolute onslaught of killer starwars info!!! i dont even know where to begin!

REVENGE OF THE SITH!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!

classic, good ole starwars title..... LOVE IT...

22. Barcode

Barcode Jedi Master star 1

May 19, 2004
    Yep, I like it. As others have said, it has an OT feel to it. It's easily my favourite prequel title.

Attack of the Clones was just too b movie-ish for me. It invited unkind comparisons with a certain movie about killer tomatoes. And while Star Wars isn't exactly high-brow entertainment, it's always been a bit better than that.

23. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    This title may be my favorite, or at least equal to The Empire Strikes Back.

24. Master_Ripley

Master_Ripley Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    It's second only to Empire.

25. Gothic_Yoda

Gothic_Yoda Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2003
    Like many others I would have preferred "Rise of the Empire". It has a classier ring to it, but when the previous film was titled "Attaqck of the Clones" I guess it would have looked a little out of place.

Now that I think about it the title is probably the best of the entire saga. Up there with ROTJ (though ESB is my fav SW film and always will be).

GY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.