main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you or does anybody you know use dollar coins?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Aytee-Aytee, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I love my Canadian currency. The Canadian $2 coin is the only piece of legal tender in the world that features the Queen with a bear behind.

2. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    wow, that's cool. i'd love to see george washington with a hippo's behind on our quarter, but i doubt the u.s. mint would even consider it, the fools.

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Yes, all the time. My dad saves his and they accumulate a fair bit too.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would love if there were more coins around, I hate having to walk around with thick piles of paper in my wallet, especially since they all look the same.

If you want a currency that makes good use of coins and notes I would recommend the Norwegian krona, a good mix of coins and notes, and they all look very different so it takes like five minutes to learn what they're worth.

5. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Like this?

I love the different colours.

[image=http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/19/77/2b/caption.jpg]

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    England has a decent coin set

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/New_British_Coinage_2008.jpg/200px-New_British_Coinage_2008.jpg]

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/British_money_coins.jpg/200px-British_money_coins.jpg]

Plus the endlessly customised £2 coin

[image=https://www.thelondoncoincompany.com/coinimages/1227028605-2009_Charles_Darwin_200th_Anniv_%a32_Coin.jpg]

But loose change takes up more space and is heavier, I'd rather have thin flat notes that I can fold or squash flat in a pocket.

We have a decent colourful note selection too, and I'm assuming we'll get some sort of Diamond Jubilee commemorative coin this year.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure on the Diamond Jubilee but I got one of the 50p coins celebrating the Olympic/Paralympic sports in change about a week ago. Mine was for wheelchair basketball. (It's since been passed on.)

8. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    This is kinda related to something I am so curious about and TBF hasn't been able to answer me. He is such a sweetie. [face_love]

How do you tip strippers in places that have $1 and $2 coins instead of notes? Do you have to put $5s in the g-strings or is there a tip jar like at Starbucks where you put the coins?

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I dunno if you have automatic checkout machines in the UK yet, but if your local grocery store has one you can just take a handful of change, dump it all into the machine when you're paying for your groceries, then swipe the remainder with a credit card. A couple more trips and your change jar will need to find itself another job.

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    From what I have heard, they can be stuck to the skin if you know how to. A $5 or $10 note isn't that hard to cone by, though. Don't put money in your mouth, Yvette, you don't know where it's been.