main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you support a US led war on Iraq without UN approval?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Feb 7, 2003.

?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

53.4%
  2. No

46.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I have so many friends over seas in this war. I support it for them. And the fact that by doing this, now. We might prevent another Sept. 11.

2. Lord-of-the-Marks

Lord-of-the-Marks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003

No, I don?t. There are many men and women in Iraq who were in elementary school during Desert Storm. I can?t help but think they wouldn?t be there had we done things differently last time.

3. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Yes I do.

4. Future

Future Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Has anyone realised how bad the US economy got straight after Bush was voted in?

I'm speaking from outside the US, and it's obvious Bush is trying to cover it up with war on Iraq.

5. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I didn't support it in January, and I don't support it now.

At the risk of offending a good portion of the people here, Bush hasn't made one good decision since he got into office. We have an administration of greedy, arrogant war-mongerers.

And what's worse, anyone who says anything REMOTELY opposed to the president is branded "unpatriotic" or "a supporter of terrorism". Excuse me, but isn't freedom of speech what America's all about?

I support our troops, because they didn't ask to be where they are. But I do NOT support the war, or the president.

6. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    First I was against it and now I support the war.

The UN needs to wake up or get a wake up call and take a look around them. Saddam was just giving them the run around, like a puppet, showing them what they want to see and to prove the US that they do not have chemical weapons, when they were doing their inspections. Well they have found it, and it was in totally different areas in the city. UN needs to reavulate their duties now.

7. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I thought in January/February that countries like Russia and France would do what is right and eventually come around, I lost my faith in the UN when those two countries said they would veto a second resolution regardless of what was in it. And then they have the gual to accuse of lack of diplomacy. :mad:

8. JadeTrinity

JadeTrinity Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2003
    I am pro war with Iraq. I feel that Houssein has been in power too long and has been absolutely terrible to those people.

"In no way am I compassionate, I actually have a motto that 'people die every day, it's sad but not a big deal', if I were to die, that's just how it goes. So if we lose soldiers, I am sorry for the losses but if I am to mourn over the deaths, I should mourn for everyone. I do honor those who died in battle and I think they should be mourned by their loved ones, but instead of mourning endlessly, remember them and realize what heroes they were." - My close friend's opinion

What do people say to that?

9. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    This poll shows that the JC community can make the right decision.

The UN is the biggest anti-US organization since... well... Jacques Chirac's France (see sig), and it makes me sick to see the UN squabble event after event.

Funny thing is, even WITH a resolution, who would be doing the fighting? You guessed it, the Americans and the British.

The UN couldn't handle Iraq, and won't be able to do anything about North Korea. Does anybody actually think that North Korea will listen to anything the UN says? Nope.

To make totalitarian dictatorships listen to somebody, you have to use against them what they use against their own people: fear.

Make them fear reprocussions for not abiding by UN resolutions. Does the UN do that? No, they talk and give reports, and leave it up to the UNITED STATES to do all the dirty work. Somebody get us the hell out of the UN already. Either that or boot France.

USA

10. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I don't support warmongering by any means or method.

11. JediMasterCheGuevara

JediMasterCheGuevara Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2003
    NO BLOOD FOR OIL!
    http://votetoimpeach.org

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Yes, I support(ed) the US-led war without UN approval.

Bush didn't break any laws, everything that he did was well within the powers that the President has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.