main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Do you think Disney should make an animated show during the period between ROTJ and TFA?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fruit Pastilles, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I think there is a lot of potential with this. Going by the movies, it looks like we could miss Luke at his best because of the thirty-year gap between Episode VI and VII. I don't read the EU, but I've heard that Luke during the New Republic era is the strongest, most skilled force user ever. If you just watch the films, like I have, then you see Luke beating Vader in ROTJ which, yes, is a pretty big feat, but this is a not very motivated, cybernetic older Vader. If we look at him in TFA, it will be Luke in his 50s or 60s in a supporting role similar to Alec Guinness's Ben Kenobi, so we obviously won't see him at his best there either.

If Leia is going to be a Jedi in TFA (which would be weird to see at first for the casual viewer, but should really be done), then it'd be even cooler to see a show like this as we would get to see the training and growth of her as a Jedi fighting with Luke. Of course, we'd also get to see more Han, Chewie and Lando which is always a plus, and maybe Boba Fett could be included after escaping from the Sarlacc pit.

The only thing stopping this from being produced is Rebels. I don't think Disney would want to be making two Star Wars shows at the same time, so if we're looking at how long TCW was being produced for, we'd be waiting five to six years for it. Now I haven't watched any Rebels yet, so maybe it's not the type of show to last seven seasons, correct me if I'm wrong, but either way, I'd love to see a show between Episode VI and VII. Perhaps it'd be better to have it after the sequel trilogy ends. Therefore we wouldn't get an overload of Star Wars in the next six years, and then nothing after that.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I really don't think the possibility of Luke being a mentor nor his age *has* to mean he's not in skilled form as you imply. Nor do I think Leia must be shown as a Jedi but it would be unsurprising. Agreed regarding the Mouse unless they are willing to court running SW into the ground via oversatuation which is really anyone's guess. Though I would prefer a live action series if they did the 30+ years between 6 and 7. I dislike the animation styles and presentation of TCW and Rebels.

Trebor Sabreon and JeffZero like this.
  3. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Star Wars: The Civil Wars basically an OT era version of The Clone Wars :p

But yeah I definitely think we'll get show between ROTJ and TFA and it'll probably be animated

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Only if Thrawn was in it.

5. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm thinking after Rebels finishes its run.

6. Fruit Pastilles

Dec 21, 2014
    I want to see the Luke that is so fast you can hardly see him as he's described in the EU. I want to see him as the center of the show. In The Force Awakens, he will still be very skilled, but aged and past his physical prime. Human light-side force users don't age too well. He'll only be in a supporting role too. This trilogy will be focused on the new three in Ridley, Boyega and Driver/Isaac.

7. Fruit Pastilles

Dec 21, 2014
    I think 'Star Wars: The New Republic' sounds good.

enigmaticjedi and lookameatbag like this.
  8. captainkenbo

Dec 21, 2014
    Not bad. I think Star Wars in the title is a given it'll attract attention too ;)

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't some rumor state that Rebels would only get 4 seasons, with a ST tv show following it ?

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    If that's so it'll be a shame. I still hold out hope it isn't. I tire that many think 60 is 'old'. No it isn't nor is it impossible to still be nimble and fit at such ages. *Shrugs* I likewise do not care to see Super! Luke it will likely distort his character. To each their own.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not going to say that Disney should make a show until I have an idea of the content.

IOW I won't know until TFA comes out.

12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    They now have lots of room to explore between 1 to 9, and it would let them sell more toys of Young Han, Luke, and Leia.

13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd be concerned about content and quality. Kids aren't the only demographic that likes SW if Mouse acts like it is it'll be their error.

Heroic BB-8 likes this.
  14. captainkenbo

Dec 21, 2014
    I agree hopefully they will make a live action series sometime in the near future which will be aimed at more mature fans

mes520 likes this.
  15. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Probably ST Era Live action around episode eight, to air with LD.
    Since they're following the Marvel model.

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    People age at different rates. At the extreme ends of the scale, I've known people who looked pretty past-it before they were even out of their 20s, on the other hand some people remain looking youthful and attractive even into their 60s (with no work done).

Most people fall somewhere in between those extremes. Generally speaking once a person has reached adulthood, guessing their age by appearance is always a crapshoot. At best you're looking at 15 - 20 year accuracy.

Qui-Gon Jinn was supposedly about 60 in TPM but he looked fresh enough. And he was certainly as agile and athletic as any Jedi. Maybe Luke and Leia just didn't have the genes for it. Or maybe they went back and lived on Tatooine for some reason after RoTJ, thus suffering the aging effects of the harsh desert climate.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My parents still run, my Mom runs half-marathons, and they're in their 60s.

I get mistaken for 10-15 years younger than I am on a pretty regular basis myself.

As much as I think it's unrealistic to assume that a 60-year-old will look like a 20-year-old, as is sometimes done with pets favored characters in fiction, it's also stupid to assume that a person over 40 is "past his or her prime" and/or that the 20-something is automatically in better shape.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Liam was supposed to be playing an older Jedi in his 60's in the script or something but its never stipulated what his age was in the actual movie. Neeson was only 45-47 during filming(I think TPM filmed in 1997). While Alec Guiness was in his 60's but looked 80's or 90's. I rather see Liam Neeson over current Mark Hamill who has not aged good plus his face was damaged back in the late 70's in a car wreak. I like Mark but he's no Liam Neeson. Liam brings a certain physicality to the character as seen in the Taken movies which is superb. But I wouldnt want anyone else being Han or Luke or Leia, they should have them do their voices in a toon or something.

CoolyFett likes this.
  19. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I think somehow Disney is going to force Lucasfilm Animation to upgrade and hire more employees. So then probably Dave Filoni is going to have Rebels and another series in his hands. Simon Kinberg might help and probably Greg Weisman is going to help with the other series. And this might be on Disney Channel, considering tons of people after watching the Force Awakens might want to find out what happened before. They might be the people who prefer Disney Channel over Disney XD. And also I think Disney Channel and Disney XD can merge, Disney XD makes a lot of reruns than Disney Channel but if both channels are made into one, I guess all shows can be enjoyed and members of the Disney family, Marvel and Lucasfilm can reveal their creative works more freely to the audiences of Disney Channel. I also think if they merge, probably a Pixar regular TV show could happen. And the new name could be Disney Family Channel, uniting all parts of Disney, including Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We need a OT era series first.
    Though a series set between the OT and ST will happen.

21. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Only if the big three are in it and Mark Hamill voices Luke.

22. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I remember playing Shadows of the Empire on the N64 and really enjoying it. I would like to see Dash Rendar come to life in a series at some point. I guess I will just continue to dream about that.

I do see a series set during the sequel era happening after Rebels finishes its run. No clue what they would choose to center it around though, so I don't really see this happening until TFA shows in theaters. It could be a companion series like what Agents of SHIELD is to the MCU. Not necessarily required to understand what is required in the universe plot wise, but fun for those that want to watch it.

23. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So what will come first?

Will they release something to explain the history between the end of ROTJ and the start of The Force Awakens or will they rely on the new comic line to fill that role?

24. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Let EVII be the first true continuation, we need to be surprised. However, the stuff right after ROTS will have great potential in any case. We canĀ“t say anything for certain at this point, but it sounds galaxy will face another sort of Clone Wars crisis, therefore another multicolor turmoil to use as an excuse to meet new interesting faces and worlds.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It would **** up the OT IMHO. Best live it alone and let the movies speak for this time period. TCW strengthened and improved the PT, but I feel an animated series set during the OT would be catastrophic; too many questions will emerge, such as "erm...how come this guy wasn't in the movies?", etc. Not worth the hassle.

Twain and BigAl6ft6 like this.