main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Do you think Disney will sneak any secret society subliminal messages into Epidode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jedi_Lantern, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    OMG! I didn't know that so I had to just look it up.

:35 second mark

2. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Fun anecdote:

I was talking to a conspiracy theorist on another forum. He believed that AIDS simply did not exist, mainly because he didn't grasp basic terminology or middle school science. His proof of a conspiracy? A woman who claimed she was told she contracted HIV, but denied it.

She died shortly after. Of AIDS.

You want the mods to ban people because they don't believe you? When you're the one on a forum dedicated to Star Wars and, specifically, Episode VII trying to push your ridiculous conspiracy theory BS?

I'm surprised that this thread has stayed open as long as it has.

3. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I'm not going to point my finger at Jedi_Lantern, who clearly just joined this forum strictly to put this wild-ass theory out there, as the source of this problem that is this thread.

I'm pointing my finger strictly at the mods. And they've had it coming.

Ever since the October 2012 announcement, the worst, most immature practical jokers, riff-raff and scum have come here to these forums and posted any nonsensical crap thread they liked. "Will Luke get his power converters" was simply one of the worse examples of this, until THIS thread, of course, took the prize away and has begun running with it. So now we've devolved into a discussion about Illuminati/New World Order conspiracy theories that have so little to do with Star Wars that it's comical, and where Lantern, on top of his posting this garbage in the first place, has the unmitigated gall to ask the mods to lock people who question him, when it's clearly this thread itself that should be locked. This thread should NEVER have been permitted to go past the first page before being locked.

I've looked up and down this thread; the mods have had nothing to say about it. And they're not DOING anything about it either. If they honestly cared about the integrity of the forum that is THEIR responsibility to maintain, they'd have already closed this farce of a thread. Because that's ALL this is: farce. It's ridiculous on its face, and it's already degenerating into the jokes and pointless nonsense that always comes just before a lock; so make no mistake, this thread WILL be locked - it's only a matter of time. The only difference is now or later, and every moment the mods wait only makes them look as idle and unattentive as I believe them to be. And if they honestly, seriously believe this topic DOES have a place here, then I'd like to see them defend it. Go ahead, mods, defend this - if you can. And if you can't, there's but one option for you: lock this travesty before it gets any worse.

And if you say I don't have to be here, that I don't have to read this thread, that's a non-defense. Maybe it's not about whether I myself like it or not, or want to read it or not. Perhaps it's that I think we're better than this nonsense and I mean to stand up and say as much, rather than let this kind of thing become the norm here, which it's on the verge of becoming. I've been on this forum for a decade, and after several months of seeing the most immature and outright offensive drivel get posted here without a quick response from the mods who should know better, I can honestly say that I'm so done with this forum becoming a joke, or being made to appear as one, that I'm thinking the only way to get the mods to act is to basically slap them across their collective face with my gauntlet and demand that they DO THEIR JOBS.

JainaSoloYJK and KevinM1 like this.
  4. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    :eek:

Shocked!

Isn't being insulting to other posters also against the rules? "tools" anyone? I know it wasn't aimed at me :cool:, but still, if it was, I would not be a happy camper

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Shhhhh.... I want this thread to stay open forever!

Love the story about the AIDs denier. My resident conspiracy nut has been telling me that cancer can be prevented and cured with honey and baking soda. Some small, evil part of me hopes he gets cancer, not so he can suffer, but so he can put this "cure" to the test. But when it doesn't work, I'm sure he'd just say it's because of chemtrails or somesuch.

I don't even bring up the fact that my wife does research in cancer modeling.

KevinM1 likes this.
  6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    @Pfluegermeister
    Did you even report the thread? Mods are only human and actually have LIVES outside the message boards. It's not a paid position, and they can't be here 24-7.

You've been here long enough to remember when in order to report a thread, you had to PM an individual mod and HOPE the were about.... now, a quick click will let them ALL know...

BTW - This thread has gone to three pages in less than three hours - It's barely 8AM here on the west coast...

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pfluegermeister : I'm sure your last statement will cause the mods to immediately act against every post and every poster whom you personally find stupid or silly.

I've been around here for awhile myself--almost 13 years--this is my second user name. I won't play the "I've seen worse" game because the measure of "worse" isn't really important. The silliest threads on the most asinine theories tend to police themselves, with other posters calling the theories silly or asinine and the thread eventually running out of steam, and that works better than your suggestion that the mods micromanage content that isn't against the TOS.

But this whole discussion might be better in Comms.

Son of a Bith likes this.
  8. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Bing!
    I think that's a much more legitimate complaint.

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    anakinfansince1983 Hahahah! I ALMOST asked if you meant ME! Then when I read through the post I was quoteing, I saw that you'd sneaked in the edit! :p[:D]

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Was posting on my phone and can't type as fast, you all got in three posts before I was done. Then I had to move to the desktop so I could see the rest of the thread while I edited because there was no way I'd remember how to spell Pfl...'s user name. :p [/first world problems] [:D]

DarthBreezy and Pfluegermeister like this.
  11. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Wow. Yeah, that's really there. Wow.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah... right in the childhood! [face_beatup]

13. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Honestly, such a rediculas thread would do VERY well in the JCC forum - Just turn it loose there in the wild.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I had the YJCC in mind when I mentioned threads on ridiculous theories and how such threads generally police themselves.

15. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Yeah this thread is a lock waiting to happen. But that guy is a crybaby.

16. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    Where's the Green Lantern dude who started the thread? I'm eager to hear rebuffs. Also, I think the word rebuffs is hilarious.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He just might have been chased off the forum.

Why don't we have any pitchfork-emoticons?

18. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    He can stay - this thread has given me several much-needed laughs this morning.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I remember very well the Bible-thumper outcry from the dust in The Lion King spelling "sex," along with the alleged "message" about Timon and Pumba.

I relived all that with this thread, and in the most hilarious manner.

20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I would never actually intentionally chase someone off the forum.
    Unintentionally - anything can happen :p

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I may have unintentionally run a few people off. And I've had a few people intentionally try to run me off. :p

22. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Why would a secret organization put clues to their existence in Disney movies? Shouldn't they want to remain secret? And don't they have better things to do?

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    It's the Lizard People, I tell you...

[​IMG]

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Trandoshans. They run politics.

25. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Whoa, wait a second. Who the hell is a guy with a Green Lantern avatar to be ranting about mysterious elite societies trying to control the world?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.