main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Do you want a Luke Jedi Academy streaming TV Show!?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Leoluca Randisi, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think Luke looked way better in Book Of Boba Fett then in The Mandalorian! May be those Deep Fake Guys that made a way more convincing Luke then Lucasfilm worked on this episode I read somewhere on Google they got hired by Lucasfilm. I'm convinced so convinced I would love to see a Disney + show about post Return Of The Jedi Luke and his new Jedi Academy! What do you guys think?

MercenaryAce and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  2. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020
    I’m good with what Filoni and Favreau have decided thus far with Skywalker’s involvement across the Disney+ platform. His involvement should be very limited.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    There are rumors of a Jedi Academy Show with Luke on Giant Freakin Robot I know not the most reliable source but I could see it! Disney wants to show off there tech there gonna get that chance in Indy 5 de aging of Harrison Ford! But rumors are abound that Lucasfilm wants to explore the post Return Of The Jedi world with Luke and possibly Han Liea and Chewie as well!

4. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Uh, I'm not sure about this idea.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Giant robot dudes don't report rumors, just whatever they came up with in the latest brainstorming session.

Also, not posting Indiana Jones 5 rumors would be nice.

6. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I haven't seen any rumors about it, and I don't care for rumors by click bait websites, but, based on what we have seen so far, a Luke TV show is certainly now a much more realistic possibility than it was 2 months ago, and even more so than 1 year ago.

I wish it does happen, within the Mandoverse. After what we have seen, Favreau and Filoni know exactly how to write Luke.
    So yeah, have them do it. There is absolutely no reason not to.

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I've been predicting a Luke show for a few years now, and we're coming closer to one, step by step. Luke is a huge cash cow so you can expect that LFL Disney will keep investing in this tech until it's ready, and we're darn close.

Obviously I want a Luke show, but as we just saw in the Fett show, one problem I have with it is the characterization of Luke and Jedi. I could go on and on about this, so I'll simply say that even if they chose to portray doomed binary Luke who can't see overlap between attachment and isolation, I hope they at least include a discussion about this topic as one of the show's main points of tension.

Personally, if I had the opportunity to write it, I'd ignore the presence of the sequels and turn the show into Luke's exploration of ways to move beyond the limitations of the PT Jedi.

Don't forget that Lucas himself and Filoni were already down with casting the PT Jedi ideology as extreme -- we see this throughout TCW, but especially in the Season 6 Yoda arc.

In the Yoda arc, Yoda learns that by denying the presence of darkness in themselves, the Jedi were allowing it to grow inside them and control their decisions and actions. And of course part of the reason the Jedi are anti-attachment is because of their fear of the darkside.

The episode's point was that the Jedi should fear their own darkness less, to accept it so that their own light could control and channel it. I think this is relevant to the "problem of attachment" because it's another example of fear of something guiding the Jedi's decisions. Rather than learning how to have healthy attachments -- family relations -- they hide from attachments, opening up a huge emotional wound that allows the darkside to grow within them.

So if a Luke show dealt with these concepts in a direct, complex way, I would be very excited. But I'll take pretty much whatever they give us too.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    ladygrey45 and Generational Fan like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I want 24 individual Jedi Academy series each chronicling a single hour of time each season.

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Let's see in next episode of Boba Fett.
    If it ends with CG Han and Leia dropping off little Ben. "Could you look after him? Just for a few days while Han does a bit of drug running".
    That could be the start of something.

Lulu Mars and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Sure. Ahsoka can be an on again/off again teacher. Maybe (if she survives) Omega would be among the first students along with Grogu. And then we'd get to see Leia.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  11. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Could Ben look suitably spoilt, annoyed and arrogant please? Perfect.

GregMcP likes this.
  12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I think he was sent to Luke when he was 10 years old, so there is still a bit of time that has to pass by. Unless of course you mean a Flash Forward?

If they are to make a Jedi Academy show, I think Animation would be the way to go.

13. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I agree with the premise of what you are proposing here. To have this issue explored in a deep and complex manner would be brilliant.

I wouldn't want it though 100% centered on Luke's Academy as the thread title suggests. I would want that included, but I would also want a large chunk of this show where Luke learns of this stuff whilst exploring for Jedi artefacts.

In a way, this latest episode of TBOBF has begun to set up what you are proposing with the doubts Luke is having; where he is, in a way, asking Ahsoka what he should do.

I would like that build-up of Luke learning along the way; finding holocrons with advice on them from ancient Jedi Masters - as well as other important artefacts. All of this ultimately leads to a Luke that Luke himself somewhat described himself as just prior to the night at the temple; a confident, positive Jedi Master who has set-up an amazing place for Jedi to develop in the "new" ways of being a Jedi; where attachments are allowed.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  14. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Yes with a real actor just recast not this weird cgi person, I’m sure there’s someone out there who would love the chance to embody Luke who looks like Luke and can capture his essence even meeting with Mark Hamill but yeah I’m a little bit thrown of this characterization of Luke with the no attachment issue..

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    No. I expect it would quickly devolve into Jedi Academy 90210.

16. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Now I want that instead.

17. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    "Hey, Grogu! Up your nose with a rubber hose!" - Ben Solo

Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I prefer to do it in animation. Live action is limited when it comes to wanting less time to pass in-universe time then real world when using child actors (say a 10yr Ben Solo).

Mostly Handless likes this.
  20. Alliyah Skywalker

Alliyah Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2017
    I would have no interest in it because it's guaranteed to be in your face ST-connected.

DarthFixxxer and wobbits like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I totally agree with this and your implied suggestion that Sebastian Stan play Luke. Great minds!

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  22. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I think an animated Luke's Jedi Academy could work. Possibly 2D, similar to Visions, but I'd be okay with CG.

Have just a handful of students, of various ages and species, who are training and are sent out on trials by themselves. Over a few episodes they venture to X planet, to save X, battle X beast, or use their training. Then head back to the temple, changed, grown, learn why they failed, or succeeded, etc.

Luke is largely out of the picture. He just shows up in a few episodes, mentors a lil, or is off planet finding new recruits. Keep the focus on the new students, their tests, their journeys, and keep Luke a bit mysterious.

It doesn't have to line up with what we saw in the ST. Luke could have had multiple classes by the time of the destruction. Who's to say others hadn't already graduated or moved on.

23. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I have an interest in a New Republic Jedi show… but I have no interest in following a cast made up exclusively of Ben Solo and Doomed Jedi Students #1-25 or whatever under Luke, or any attempt to make the show *just* a prequel to the ST. I could tolerate some of those elements of there were a handful of Jedi characters who Luke could successfully train/help complete their training who could then pull an Ahsoka-In-Relation-to-the-OT regarding the ST.

As much as I would risk being turned off by having any screentime devoted to Ben Solo, I could easily tolerate it if Luke were meeting up with Cal Kestis, Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, and training Jacen Syndulla or something like that.

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'd like a Rome-style show set in the New Republic core worlds.

25. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, the Luke's academy series would have be completely separate from Ben's class/academy. The most you could do is perhaps reference that Leia's young son wants to be a Jedi like his uncle one day.

But the show itself shouldn't be a lead up to what took place in the ST. It should just be a stand alone fun Jedi academy adventure. Possibly ending with a bunch of new Jedi going out on their own. Or, hell, maybe his first class never graduates. They're fully trained, but they decide to do things differently, and Luke doesn't consider them "Jedi".

End of day, I really think they're gonna need to show and establish that Luke trained others and these students survived the massacre, if for the only reason that the ST is a narrative dead end, or is entirely repetitive with the OT, and thus eliminates everything the new series are basically doing right now. That, and it's also harder to do this for real, with Rey, a blander character with less fan devotion, and played by an actress who may not even want to return to play her again.