main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Do you want a Season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TFWBWYA, Jun 24, 2022.

?

Do you want a Season 2 of Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2022.
  1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

34.1%
  3. Unsure

30.2%
  1. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    You could probably get a few seasons out of this show. I can see how this was originally going to be a trilogy of films.

If Obi-Wan is going off-world, you would need to justify why he would leave Luke. I think Owen or Beru being captured would be be one convincing reason. Destroying any trailing leading the Empire to Tatooine, Alderaan or Dagobah would be another.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We need to see Owen telling little Luke that his father was a drug dealer rather than a Jedi.

Bor Mullet and Mostly Handless like this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Please, no Mace Windu. For one thing, IMO SLJ was miscast as a Jedi; that role does not play to his strengths as an actor. For another, too many have returned from the dead already. What's next, Porkins, Red Leader, and Pops appearing in Mando? How about Owen and Beru joining the rebel attack on Endor? Or maybe after Palpatine is dead (again) the new emperor should be Tarkin. And let's not forget Wade; bring him back with his T-47 for the battle of Hoth. And Grand Admiral Raddus should take over the New Republic fleet.

OK, that last one may be worth while.

4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Did we actually see Darth Vader die?
    It could have been the suit alone on the pyre at the end of ROTJ.
    And that Force Ghost got changed to Hayden Christensen for a reason.
    Anakin was dead, from a certain point of view.
    Sebastian Shaw's Vader might still be alive somewhere out there.
    Episodes X - XI - XII coming in 2027-2030-2033!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  5. TFWBWYA

TFWBWYA Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2022
    Disney+ needs more Star Wars content, so Obi-Wan Kenobi season 2 seems like a real possibility now. Hopefully.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  6. Taylor Neir

Taylor Neir Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2022
    I hope so i enjoyed season 1

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Season 2 Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn force adventures.

Emperor Ferus and TFWBWYA like this.
  8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I agree. I always thought I was in the minority when it comes to SLJ. I honestly couldn't see the Jedi he was supposed to be. It was too much of SLJ himself.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Never had an issue with SLJ as Mace Windu.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I rather like him but the characterization is almost a literalization of Samuel L Jackson having trained as a Jedi in order to be calmer and learn self-control.

11. BobasJetPack

BobasJetPack Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2021
    Yes but no Leia or Vader, I was happy with how interactions with them were covered off but there can be no more now, some with Luke/Owen/Beru possible but not too much

Training with Qui Gonn would be a big part but you’d have to get incentive what else he could get up to, being pretty neutral towards animated series I feel the Maul and Kenobi final battle was wasted being in rebels and think had a Kenobi series been confirmed at the time it would’ve been saved for that, I wouldn’t be against seeing it recreated in live action (keeping it exactly as it was in rebels)

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Mace Windu was the point of no return for Anakin, in his mind. He immediately regretted doing it, but then immediately Palpatine starts talking about how the Jedi are going to kill him and Anakin once they learn about it, and so the Jedi have to preemptively be wiped out. So Anakin kind of goes along in the interest of saving Padme but also self-preservation.

The notion that Anakin fell to the Dark Side due to a mortal sin he didn’t even commit, intrigues me.

I do think it’s important to show Mace as not a practicing Jedi though. I think that lends better to allowing Sam Jackson to be more of himself. Also, didn’t Eeth Koth end up having a wife and kid?

Give Mace a family and I think that could be used to good effect whether he appear with Vader (who sees the hypocrisy) or Boba Fett (who lost his father due to Mace).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    No, it was SLJ himself…but on too much Benadryl.

14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Samuel L Jackson is just one of those actors where when he is on screen its easy to be aware that its Samuel L Jackson. Whether he is shaft, nick fury, or one of his other 100 roles. Its Samuel L Jackson

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  15. jaimestarr

jaimestarr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2004
    Do I want a season 2 of Kenobi. Sure. Switch it up though. Training with Qui-Gon, involve Yoda, have Obi-Wan go to Dagobah, etc.

What do I want more? 5 or more seasons of Darth Vader starring Hayden Christensen. Give me the years immediately after ROTS. Show me Vader between ANH and ESB. I don't care. The character is the most iconic of the iconic and the show would be fun as hell.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    KyleKartan and Count Yubnub like this.
  16. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    If there's another season, I'm curious if they'll switch up the creative team.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't see any reason why they would change up the creative team.

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe they could tweak the writing to clarify some of the plot points that are still being debated here.

19. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    When do you guys think we'll start hearing rumours about a season 2?? I haven't found anything on the Internet yet and I want moreee :p I have no patience, I'd be a terrible Jedi.

20. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    D23 in September I think is a likely bet for when we will be hearing more about the shows and movies

Sky_alma likes this.
  21. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm legit interested in the prospect of a show about Ben learning how to become a force ghost.
    But I'm also generally nervous about the best way to go about it. At very least I don't like the idea Obi-Wan feels comfortable leaving Tatooine at the drop of a hat.

Valiowk likes this.
  22. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Yeah, I would. And I can list some things I want.
    -No Vader, unless it's a cameo scene where he doesn't know where Obi-Wan is or thinking as much to find him.
    -More of Luke, Beru, and about the same amount of Owen.
    -No leaving Tatooine for Obi-Wan.
    -More Anakin flashbacks
    -Cody
    -Qui-Gon
    -Perhaps canonize A'Sharad Hett so we can get at least one saber duel in Season 2. No Imperials can find or duel Obi-Wan.
    -Some focus and further development of Reva, even if she has way less screentime.
    -The Organas in a hologram if they interact with Obi-Wan.
    -Yoda communes with Obi-Wan via the force or a covert comlink/hologram.
    -Satine mention or flashback
    -Maul mentioned
    -Ben's Hut

23. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    Yeah, I'd love more Anakin flashbacks!! Preferably clone wars flashbacks. It'd be cool seeing him and Obi-Wan wearing their clone wars armour :) I'm also cool with them not deaging Hayden. After having rewatched that scene (an embarrassing amount of times:p) the age difference doesn't bother me at all. I can attribute it to Anakin having had a bad night's sleep or something lol.
    Besides, if they do clone wars flashbacks, it would be barely noticeable. I've always thought that the Anakin from the third movie looked much more mature than Attack of the Clones Anakin, even though the actor was just about 2 or 3 years older? Must be the hair [face_laugh] In the order 66 flashbacks from the Kenobi series he also looked just the same.
    So yeah, clone wars flashbacks pleaseO:)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  24. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Well, whatever they're gonna do, they need to do it fast. Time marches on, and de-aging may be needed more than ever...

But I also agree, I didn't mind the "older" looking Anakin in those scenes. I was just glad to see them. :)

ConservativeJedi321 and Valiowk like this.
  25. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I don't think a season 2 would work. If season 1 was about smaller stakes like fighting the Hutts or something and it worked up to Vader maybe season 2 would work. But now that they've nicely tied a bow on the Vader/Kenobi conflict, any story set after it will seem too small or more like an afterthought. Kenobi's story is inherently restricted in this time period. Now, maybe a spinoff about Leia and the Organas or Reva or even Vader would work as there are less restrictions there. But I feel like sending Kenobi offworld again wouldn't work. I'm not saying that a story about Kenobi learning from Qui-Gon or fighting bandits or something would be something I would dislike. But it would ultimately just feel like an epilogue compared to what came before it.