main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Doctor Aphra #14-19: Remastered (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedha John, Oct 17, 2017.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There's nothing like a solicit to spoil the surprise.

Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah, it would be really nice if not only the description but also the cover of future issues were behind labelled spoiler tags.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  3. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    #19: Clever issue! My favorite so far. So much happens!

• Sister Six lives! And joins the Rebellion! I'm very relieved she didn't bite the dust. She was my favorite of the merc group. She's so fun and I really hope other authors utilize her in future series/media.

• Poor, poor Posla. :( Still yet to face Evazan and avenge Bog, and now Aphra has traumatized him too.

• Yewl: What's his story? Was he also a test subject of a Tarkin Initiative R&D project, or was he grievously injured in some other manner? What are his RPG stats in that technocoffin?? [face_skull] Is he being sent to Accresker Jail too? Please say yes, so he can stay in the picture.

• Six, Posla, Yewl -- this arc has treated me to so many characters who are right up my alley. Good thing, because it stung when they yanked out Rabael Dir Glorio mere pages after introducing him in #15. :p (Yeah, it was funny and fitting, but damn it!) R.I.P. (presumably) Rabael, with your sword-swinging self-important silly Violet Ghost persona and your zany eccentric classic Marvel SW vibe.

4. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    #BringViscountGlorioBack

MercenaryAce and Senpezeco like this.
  5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Totally.

Is it just us weirdos in this thread who liked that dude so much? :-D

Senpezeco and LelalMekha like this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He had a cape! All the best characters have capes! :lando::vader:

Senpezeco and LelalMekha like this.
  7. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    No, but seriously... he's also interesting in that he's an Alderaanian noble (26th in line to the throne). Aren't you dying to know whether Leia knew him? I'm pretty sure she used to hate him and avoid him like the plague at parties.

vncredleader and Senpezeco like this.
  8. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah, I pretty much love that he's Alderaanian but also a total d-bag. And I do believe that he IS Alderaanian, and nobility, but still a pretentious scam artist. Like, I bet he's really 28th in line to the throne.

Senpezeco likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    "Tenth!"

[​IMG]

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Sooo everyone wants to kill Aphra now (except maybe Vader who seems to have a sweet spot for her). She's clever on one hand, but foolish on the other hand. Giving people what they want would have gotten them off her back, but she just had to be greedy again. There will be a day of reckoning for this larger than life character, I feel it in my bones.

Still, very entertaining issue. I also enjoyed how Sister Six joined the Rebellion, it somehow felt fitting. But the greatest part was definitely Triple Zero telling Aphra how she's just like him. He's a true Bond villain, this bot. I guess I'll never get enough of his grandiose speeches. Wonder what's next for Aphra now. I somehow doubt her relationship to Tolvan will be lasting long.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And it's livin' on a prayer?

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  12. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Just read this today (my comic shop was a little late getting some issues so this one just arrived today.

Very good issue as always with this series. Not surprising that it looks like Tolvan won't be featured as much after this arc (it would have been pretty forced for two selfish individuals who are more focused on their careers than their personal lives to all of a sudden run off together and be happy together). The comic did what it should have done. They had a day or two of sex and then promptly leave and turn on one another.

Looks like Sana will be coming back into the picture so we will likely find out what their past was.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i've finaly caught up and i'm lovng Aphra. many weird and crazy stuff, but alright. Can't wait for more Zero, and how long will she be able to go before either side takes her.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    edit: whoops wrong thread, surprised this is still stickied.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  15. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    Not sure were to put this but Hasbro just confirmed Aphra,0-0-0 and BT-1 figure 3pack for SDCC! don't know how to post pic but you can fine it on jeditemplearchives.com i would love this set !!

16. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

17. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Well, I will be s̶e̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶l̶ buying this. :)

18. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I love this women.

TransPirate and Master_Rebado like this.
  19. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    All around, a pretty decent issue. Some interesting pieces of trivia, especially for fans of Bor Gullet.

- Aphra's interrogators are thawing a frozen "Bor of the Mairan," which Tolvan describes as a "mind leech." It's one of only three such creatures in Imperial hands. While you can't see it's shape properly through the ice, the name and the cover of next issue make it clear that this is the same type of creature used by Saw in Rogue One, with Bor being the name of its species... and Gullet maybe being that individual Bor's name?
    - The Accresker jail is en route to the Senex-Juvex from Legends, where the Empire is currently engaged in an operation known as the Bandit Purges.
    - While exploring the big hunk of wreckage towed by the Arquitens, Aphra finds herself on the gundeck of a Penumbra-1 Shattersprite, a vessel legends say was flown by the early Jedi. She estimates that its been lodged amidst all the wreckage for centuries, and naturally she wants to search it for Force relics.
    - Some more wonderful relationship building between Aphra and Tolvan. My favourite quote from the latter: "Oh no. I'm in love with an evil idiot."

spicer likes this.
  20. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Although this thread is pinned right now, today's issue of Doctor Aphra should be discussed in this thread.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It looks like the graphic novel in the Dr. Aphra series will be coming out next week based on this series (Remastered). I don't buy the comics but have been eagerly waiting on the latest graphic novel compilations.

I've actually followed this link which shows the comics featured in the latest graphic novel compilation. I assume the next one won't come out until sometime next year.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Doctor_Aphra

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  22. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    The volume 4 TPB just got posted on Amazon very recently, it will be released January 8th, 2019.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Nice. I'll put it on my Amazon "wish list".

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Bought the 3rd TPB today. Love it.

This series continues to succeed.

25. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Aww, I guess Luke and Aphra won't ever hook up.