main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more years!

3. Our celebration of the 20 Years of the Jedi Council is over!

Here's to 20 more!

Lit Doctor Aphra #26-??: Worst Among Equals (1/? Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senpezeco, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2014
    The next arc of Doctor Aphra is titled "Worst Among Equals" and is written by Simon Spurrier, with interior art by Emilio Laiso and cover art by Ashley Witter. From Marvel's monthly solicitations, we know the arc is at least three issues in length:

#26: Worst Among Equals, Part 1 (November 14) cover, summary, and preview:
    DOCTOR APHRA — WORST AMONG EQUALS!
    • On the run from the law in an alien city, DOCTOR APHRA can't stray more than a few paces from her companion without both of them blowing up.
    • Time to cooperate, right? Except, unfortunately, her companion is Triple-Zero, a sadistic murderdroid who's more interested in her death than playing nice.
    • A brand-new misadventure for the galaxy's foremost amoral archaeologist starts here!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#27: Worst Among Equals, Part 2 (December 12) cover and summary:
    WORST AMONG EQUALS: PART TWO!
    • Rogue archaeologist DOCTOR APHRA has ten hours to cross a hostile megacity before the bomb implanted in her throat blows up.
    • No big deal, right? And even if there ARE, say, insane cops and bounty hunters on her tail—she's got a partner to help her!
    • (Unfortunately that would be TRIPLE ZERO: the astonishingly unpleasant murder droid who yearns to see her dead.)

[​IMG]

#28: Worst Among Equals, Part 3 (January 30) cover and summary:
    "WORST AMONG EQUALS" PART THREE!
    • With a huge price on their heads, rogue archaeologist DOCTOR APHRA and her murder-droid companion TRIPLE-ZERO are hunted wherever they run.
    • Of all their pursuers, you might think the deadliest danger comes from the EMPIRE-backed cops...or the deranged undead bounty hunter...or the relentless monster trappers — right?
    • Nope. Because the entire population has tuned in to watch the chase through Triple-Zero's eyes, and EVERYONE has a shot at that reward...

[​IMG]

TiniTinyTony, spicer and DarthJaceus like this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This arc looks promising. I just don't know how they can top the ending of the last arc. And where are they going to go after this arc?

3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 26, 2017
    Okay, I just posted on the last arc's thread about my only disappointment being not learning enough about a certain character from a certain planet... and now I see where this arc is set and feel somewhat foolish for ever doubting. I'm surprised that this followup actually does look like it might live up to the last. Cool new direction.

4. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Issue #26 was such a fun ride!
    - "But... this one has a red stripe."
    - Trip is wonderfully menacing. The lighting in the last page!
    - Happy we get to see and learn a bit more about Milvayne. Love its '80s neon color palette.
    - I really like the panel of Evazan and Ponda Baba cheering when the cyberneticist's betrayal was revealed.
    - Me every several pages:
    [​IMG]

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That was a great moment. I'd love to follow them around and see them react to more things.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony Force Ghost star 6

Mar 9, 2003
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 12, 2012
    this was so much fun, so many Triple Zero screwing things up because he's a murder droid and Doctor Evazaan and his buddy basically watching the murder spree like it's Netflix. The thing is, if Triple Zero says he's going to get Doc Evazaan then he's going to get Doc Evazaan so makes me wonder how this arc is going to end. Putting a countdown on the bomb for 10 hours does ensure this will be done by the end of the arc and not the permanent status quo, as much fun as that could be.

8. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 4, 2018
    I like this arc and Doctor Evazaan as a villain but I hope we go back to basics with aphra doing archeologist stuff after wards
    I had a fun idea what if she found a Sith necklace or the reintroduction of the murr talisman or something and got possessed by the spirt attached to it (adding to the dark side objects influencing or possessing there owners thats been being built up in nu canon . It would be up to Luke or hell bull**** a way for Vader to have to save her.

9. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Preview for #27 is up.
    They're baaack [​IMG] and one issue earlier than I thought they would be! I thought Annual #2 was a blast, so I'm so happy to see Winloss and Nokk again! Their banter is cute.

10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 4, 2018
    Doctor Evazaan as Leia ......

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 26, 2017
    As in the last arc, new elements getting added into the stew issue by issue, never predictable but never random either. I just love this book.