main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Doctor Aphra Omnibus misprint

Discussion in 'Literature' started by WebLurker, Mar 30, 2021.

1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Anyone else notice how the new "Doctor Aphra" omnibus has a misprint on the first page of the "Doctor Aphra #1," with word balloons from later in that issue (the flashback story to Aphra's college days") mistakenly put on that page?

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Is that the only one found so far? If so, great, as I have the OHC too.

This particular omnibus appears to have joined the group that has gone very, very fast.

3. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    OH no !. I buy my first omnibus and this happens, not got round to it yet as rereading the "SW 2015 omnibus" that i just picked up to go with this release. Also one of the Aphra tpb had problems if i remember right ! maybe it's time Marvel get some new QC people in. Lucky i still have my OHC.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  4. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    So far (I didn't bother reading past the bad page and skipped over the back issues from Aphra's pre-solo series appearances). Currently in the process of getting it exchanged through Amazon (although it remains to be seen if the replacement has the same flaw or not). I'm probably going to chase this down as far as is possible, although it did occur to me that I do have that hard cover, too.

It seems to be a problem lately; the exact same mistake happened in the recent X-Men: Evolution comic release (I'm still trying to get that resolved) and the recent Arana digest (saw that on Reddit, which is a shame, since it looked cool). There are a few other Marvel hardcovers I want to get this year and I'm frankly afraid I'm going to get caught in the same cycle again.

lordpixie likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm sceptical there'll be a correct copy to replace. Misprints have become a semi-regular thing on deluxe hardbacks, see the recent Morrison Superman fiasco.

6. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    They're... putting misprints into collections rather than just copying and not correcting an error from the single issue?

7. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    It's mildly mindboggling to me, even knowing that comics are digitally assembled now and have been for ages, that *text can migrate from page to page by accident*.