main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Doctor Aphra (Vol. 2) April 2020

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    This official variant cover is hypnotizingly epic! [face_hypnotized]

[​IMG]

Commander_Andersen likes this.
  2. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    I have what is potentially a VERY stupid question but maybe it will get a discussion going!
    So, between the following:
    • The newly-revealed arc title on the updated cover for issue #6 ("The Engine Job")
    • The solicit for issue #7 ("Hired by Domina Tagge, Aphra sets her sights on a mysterious piece of tech that could shift the balance of the galactic civil war")
    • Aphra heading to Corellia (also from the solicit from issue #7)
    • And Aphra's predilection for archaeotech (think: ancient space stations)
    ...might we see Centerpoint Station make its return to canon? It's a reach, I know. (But imagine how wild a story you could concoct with Centerpoint Station under the control of Aphra or a Tagge, lol.) Any other ancient tech or societies you'd like to see explored in this series?

3. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    [face_hypnotized] You got me in Camp Centerpoint now!

But will they keep it as magnificient or downscale it or its doom capability? I mean, they wouldn't destroy it so nobody can use it... right? cue unleashing Abeloth early in Canon!!!

I wonder if they keep the Architects connection to the Killiks as their builders...

my kind of scum likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    JediFett10 and Senpezeco like this.
  5. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    My money would be on a tie-in to the High Republic stuff more than a Legends throwback -- there's a space station in play there, too with the hyperspace disaster that sets the series in motion. I could be wrong, of course. The book is definitely re-canonization happy right now, but it seems to all-in for retro-Marvel more than stuff from the novels.

6. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    After a day, have them pushed into the sun?? What a ruthless, Tarkinesque way of dealing with pirates! At least I guess these poor lads won't get an open mic to have their agonizing last hours broadcasted...
    I'm really liking to have Domina Tagge in this comic. It brings a whole new level of interest, and I have to say, the Acquisitor is such a spot on name for a Tagge ship!

Foreign32567 and Senpezeco like this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I am still wondering if Tagge Space is around Tepasi or elsewhere like their corner of the Corporate Sector or likewise entity separate and elsewhere entirely. Maybe some former Techno Union Holdings that Tagge Co was a part of once. And how large Tagge Space might be?

Foreign32567 and Senpezeco like this.
  8. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    We need to know all of these things in excruciating detail.

I'm all for any form of spinoff book or novel or even ideally a Dynasty-style soap opera about these wonderful bastards.

Senpezeco and ColeFardreamer like this.
  9. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    A Tagge causing a scene at Feriae Junction on the page *in 2020*... If this thread were a football game, I'd be flagged for excessive celebration. THROW ME INTO THE SUN, DOMINA [face_love][face_skull]

[​IMG]

Our vicious queen bee is so in charge here, I love it. In addition to the questions above about Tagge Space, I gotta know -- who's Baron or Baroness of the House of Tagge right now?! Will that title still be canon? The family has already been described as "nobility" but the only noble title I've seen on one so far is Baroness for Wayulia in the sequel era.

Aww, her assistant's name is Lapin, like the French word for rabbit? Is he gonna be a meeker and milder Shanks 2.0? It was fun having Shanks around; he eventually got so fed up with the Tagges and starting saying things about them in-universe that everyone out-of-universe was thinking. :p Here's hoping we hear some real zingers from Aphra too!

10. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Solicit for Doctor Aphra #8 via SW.com:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #8

Written by ALYSSA WONG
    Art by MINKYU JUNG
    Cover by JOSHUA “SWAY” SWABY

OLD WOUNDS!
    • After a narrow escape, APHRA and SANA’s investigation takes them to the site of an ancient battlefield!
    • But VUKORAH and the UNBROKEN CLAN are hot on their heels!
    • What answers await them amid the devastation?
    lol her faaace

Jamie1001 likes this.
  11. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Preview for issue #7 is up via SW.com:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a cute sketch from the current artist, Minkyu Jung:

12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    There's been a lot of focus on Aphra and Sana's relationship lately. I wonder how they're going to develop it, especially in relation to Tolvan and Aphra's relationship.
    Plus, guess who got recanonized?
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #11 on sale June 30

Written by ALYSSA WONG
    Art by MINKYU JUNG
    COVER BY SARA PICHELLI

MYSTERIES ABOUND ABOARD A DURGE-ANGED SHIP!

• DOCTOR APHRA and SANA STARROS discover an eerie abandoned ship while on a new mission from DOMINA TAGGE.
    • But on board they will come face-to-face with a nightmarish horror not seen in the galaxy for untold eons.
    • And then there’s….THE FEARSOME BOUNTY HUNTER DURGE!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Omg. This changes things

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wow,
    did not expect Durge to ever come back. Be curious how much of his original story they keep intact.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Durge, oh man, i loved him in original clone wars, maybe his story in clone wars can be brought back.

16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  17. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    I'm fine if the answer is "not a lot". Like the general way the Vong were set to be portrayed in TCW would be cool. Take down the power levels and line things up a little better with the GFFA vibe and just about anything can work.

The art and coloring on that preview page is PHENOMENAL. I would be so down for a Disney+ series working that visual angle.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  18. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Anyone picking up the omnibus next week? I take it that it covers everything up until the new run post empire?

19. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    HOOOOOLY MARY MOTHER OF SATAN'S LEFT NIPPLE

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For the monster volume it is, it has to - and does!

Outside of paying full price to buy via comic shops, it might be highly variable in terms of how to obtain it too. Omnibuses for the last year have been all over the place - some are got relatively easily, others very much not so.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  21. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    From the author's Twitter... research into a certain family continues?

*pretend I typed this in 72-pt font* YESSSS that's my favorite stupid idiot losing a cafeteria food fight guhhh

Oh please loop even more classic Marvel Tagges into the story! (Though I'm beyond grateful for what we've already gotten of them so far too, of course!) Fellow Litizens, I need a prayer circle for my sanity or a paper bag to hyperventilate into or something, oh gosh.

Though I have a bad feeling about my darlings' wellbeings if Durge should get anywhere near them... [face_nail_biting]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Yay bring the Tagge Hunger Games!

23. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    I mean, I'm right there with you, having spent way too much time staring at that "family portrait" splash panel and trying to theorize the new backstories or failing that at the very least how the relative ages of the family have been adjusted.

I guess the only bummer is that in canon we never get to see Domina putting on her sweet 'n' innocent act, but if I had to choose between that and then retaining her hideous yellow attire, I'll go with the yellow.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  25. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    lot of Munn's this month

Barriss_Coffee likes this.