main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone have ideas for Episode VII that don't undermine the previous films?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by El Jedi Colombiano, Jun 24, 2013.

1. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I can't see this Plagueis character being the main villain in the ST. I think if Palpatine said that he killed the guy, he's dead.

I like some of the concepts in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if some of you have ideas that could be similar to something we might end up seeing in the movie. I'm not criticizing anyone for their views, either. I just feel that the new antagonist/evil character is going to be exactly that, a being we have not seen before.

There's very little that undermines either the PT or OT, as long as they don't drastically alter established back stories. That will bother even the casual Star Wars fans.

2. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Fair enough, but I just posted responses to other posts and nobody happened to post anything in between my posts.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We offer you an 'edit' button and this is how you repay us??? :_|

eht13 and Sean Sinclair like this.
  4. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    There WILL be an Empire. Just because the Emperor died it doesn't mean the Empire that was spread across the entire galaxy ceased to exist. This does not undermine the previous films at all. Think about it. If a leader is killed, usually someone else rises up and takes his place. After ROTJ the whole galaxy would have been in chaos without an Emperor. I'm betting that the Imperials would have elected a new Emperor. Then, a Sith could infiltrate the empire and move his way up into the position of the new Emperor. Seems like a pretty solid setup to me.

There WILL be Sith. Just because Anakin brought balance to the force it doesn't mean new Sith could rise afterwards. This does not undermine the previous films at all. How could you not have Sith? Who the heck are the Jedi supposed to fight? ...And don't say Dark Jedi because Dark Jedi would declare themselves Sith of there were none already. Who's to stop them?

And my idea is that the Rebels and the new Jedi Council will be one unit, possibly with a new name, led by Luke Skywalker.

5. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Why would their be an Empire 30 years after Return of the Jedi? And besides, a Sith can't simply climb himself up into power like that, for starters because HAVING THE SITH BACK ISN'T A GOOD IDEA. Their not going to be in it for Episode 7.
    The whole analogy that the Empire would simply choose a new leader would work, except for the problem that at the end of ROTJ, everybody is happy and their cheering about how ''the empire is gone'' and their taring down statues of Palpatine and such. You also have the problem that an imperial officer simply isn't going to pose any real threat to a full fledged Jedi Knight. If the population is cheering because the Empire came to an end and the Imperial officers didn't even like the Emperor in the first place, then what's stopping their downfall?

Besides, their is a big difference between, say, the Hutt cartel and the Empire. The only reason the Empire existed in the first place was because of a Sith ideology. Once that ideology is gone, and nobody continues it, then what purpose do any of the officers who hate their leader have of continuing?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't double-posted - i.e. posted the same thing twice. I'll keep what you've said in mind and try to avoid doing so but, honestly, I don't really understand why I shouldn't post genuine responses to two separate posts in quick succession. I can't help it if nobody posts something in between.

7. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    There will be no Empire. I'm sure the final destruction of the remnants of the Empire will be covered in one of the spinoff movies. Having an Empire 30 years after the fall of Palpatine just seems like miserable failure.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If you guys would rather us just start deleting your second and third posts in a row, we can oblige with that too.

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Do what I do: if I see another post I wanna reply to after posting something in the same thread, I hit "Reply" then COPY the quoted bits, go back to my recent post, hit "Edit", then paste the copied quote in at the bottom & add my reply below it & save the changes. Done. Two replies, one post.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    :)

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    ANYHING BUT THAT! I WOULD WALK OUT OF THE THEATER IF THEY DID THAT!

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  12. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
  13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Not necessarily an idea for Episode 7 or even ST in general, but I would certainly love to see some dark side training. It could be interesting to follow an anti-hero in more detail in one of the movies (spin offs would do fine), to see the process of becoming a Sith in more detail.
    For example, a Trilogy that is the very opposite of OT - a young promising Force user shows exceptional skills but is from the start trained in the ways of the dark side, trains to become Sith and in the end gets his own Empire. Or dies, either could work.

And no, that's not what we see in PT or ROTS, we just see Anakin fall to the dark side and kill a few kids. I meant full blown Sith training, earning your wicked tattoos and all that. He also does not get his own Empire, but is still just a servant.

14. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    In my opinion, that was a major missed oppurtunity for the prequels, especially Ep3. During the making of Empire and Jedi, the idea was that the Emperor was the dark counterpoint to Yoda, so the fact that we never got Anakin training under him the same way Luke trained under Yoda, is a real shame. Scenes like that would have really helped us understand what the dark side is, and why Vader thought it was so superior.

15. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    If done right it could be perfectly fine. Dark Jedi learning about the ways of the sith. This way the audience becomes educated on the difference between any old dark force user and a real sith. Those guys adopt this philosophies with maybe some tweaking here and there such as with the rule of two. It could legitimately work.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I respectfully disagree.

17. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
    I think a movie on Darth Maul would accomplish that.

18. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Could you explain why not? Or do you just not care for that kind of story which is perfectly acceptable.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    He may simply have been looking for an opportunity to be respectful. You may be placing too much emphasis on the 'disagreeing' part.

Sean Sinclair and darklordoftech like this.
  20. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    I didn't mean to offend, but generally if someone ha a differing opinion I like to hear the reason for it. I don't doubt he was being respectful. I simply wanted clarification on what he disagreed with. Sorry if it came off wrong.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I didn't take it any other way. I was having fun with words. It was like words with friends, so to speak.

Fleab88 likes this.
  22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I would feel like it's an unneccesary excuse to have a villain called "Sith", especially considering that they could easily have ACTUAL Sith.

23. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    I guess I just have trouble seeing how they can't be actual sith. One isn't born sith after all. He becomes one. Thanks for the context though.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    They would be Neo-Sith. And you're welcome.

25. El Jedi Colombiano

Jun 24, 2013
    The problem with the whole Neo-Sith thing is that the Sith carry many specific teachings and beliefs. Most of that is gone with the Emperor. And whatever was left I'm sure Luke destroyed it when he went back to Coruscant and sacked all of his books and stuff. They would have to be born out of the teachings of Sith that have been dead for thousands of years, and those Sith are too ancient in their philosophy to survive in the modern times of Episode VII.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.