main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does anyone have ideas for Episode VII that don't undermine the previous films?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by El Jedi Colombiano, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

SuperWatto likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've presented several. I hope Arndt has some original ideas as well.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Chewie is pissed that his friends left him on a doomed planet to be crushed by a moon so returns from the netherworld to rip everyone's arms out of their sockets.

4. DarthAusteros

DarthAusteros Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2011
    I feel that the Sith can still be in the ST w/o compromising the first six films, but only too a certain extent.

The Sith can't be the same type of threat to the Jedi that they were before imo. Maybe have a couple of Sith disciples of Sidious/Vader be in the movie. But with the deaths of the 'true Sith' (Vader and Palps) and the majority of Sith knowledge passed down from Darth Bane to Vader lost, the Sith are in disarray, undisciplined and ultimately weak.

Have the opening crawl detail that (Letting us know that Anakin Skywalker stopped the Sith from ever becoming a singular threat to the Galaxy ever again, a few Sith remain, but the Jedi have the situation under control and the Sith aren't viewed as nothing more than a nuisance, the same way any other Jedi who turned to the dark side but are viewed i suppose, these Sith have to be taken care of but the Galaxy and Jedi Order know it's nothing that the Council can't handle in their sleep, the Sith just aren't the threat to the Galaxy that they once were) ...

Something like that.

But have a Dark Side abomination (someone like the Sith Emperor, Abeloth or even Kreia to a certain extent ) come into the picture and use the Sith order basically the same way Darth Maul was used. Whoever this abomination is wouldn't have the ultimate goal of Galaxy domination, but the desire to just watch the universe burn. A plot like that would still show the significance of what Anakin did but, show that the Dark Side can't be destroyed.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I would avoid the message that evil can't be destroyed. It's too cynical for Star Wars.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But it can't, unless you plan to take away the free will of everyone in the galaxy... which itself would be evil.

Lord Tuvitor likes this.
  7. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Better yet, the balkanization of the entire galaxy.

Seriously, after the failure of two galactic governments, I wouldn't be surprised if the galaxy is divided into different nations across the galaxies that each span hundreds of worlds considering how hard it is to govern an entire galaxy of millions.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That doesn't mean it should be a message of Star Wars.

9. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    You can only take away evil if everyone goes to Heaven-A route I'm sure we won't be seeing in Star Wars.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But like I said, they'd just be mini-Empires and mini-Republics and mini-Confederacy's.

There should be something new. Like a liberation movement, or on the opposite end, a dark side theocracy.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm not talking about whether or not evil can be destroyed. I'm talking about whether or not evil's destroyability/non-destroyablility should be a theme of Star Wars. I hope that makes sense.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But that's Reality

Nothing in Star Wars shows that evil can simply be destroyed. Their society, their beings, are very similar to us. You can't destroy evil without oppressing free will, which would itself be evil.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    As I said, no matter what the reality, Star Wars shouldn't touch the subject.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But it's about Good versus Evil

It's just common sense that evil can never be destroyed, short of complete transformation of the universe and everyone in it

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I get it.

16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    If you want a theocracy, there can be one in the galaxy. That's the beauty of a balkanized galaxy. It can be divided into dozens of nations with their own society. It would allow a lot of room for creativity. You want a dark side theocracy? You can have have it. A nation reminiscent of Plato's Republic? Sure, why not? A balkanized galaxy not only allows more creativity into the setting, but flexibility as well. The EU would benefit from such a setting as there will be lots of societies and conflicts to explore.

Sean Sinclair and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    ^The only problem I have with this is there could be too much for the writer to cover, to give exposition to, and properly explain. The Saga continues, but needs to be focused, in my opinion. All said, I like the idea.

Summer Dreamer: A complete transformation of consciousness.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like the idea mentioned above where the Darth Bane line of Sith is destroyed but someone (or better yet a large group of someones because I think en-masse good guy vs bad guy lightsaber fights could be interesting and Disney would probably love it) tries to make the Sith order again with no real guidance from a pro so it becomes something twisted and different and dangerously unhinged. Anakin did bring balance to the Force, this Sith is an abomination, a defect, and unable to control.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.