main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does Ben Solo Deserve his own movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by PrincessKenobi , Jan 7, 2020.

?

Should there be a Ben Solo Movie?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    64.0%
  1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Not sure really how to vote on this.

If Driver's willing to return for a stand alone film or Disney+ series then I'm open to whatever story they want to tell (prequel, between TLJ & TROS, Force ghost, some form of dyad powered revival, whatever). But if Driver's not coming back then no.

Without Driver I could see them having young Ben as part of an animated series about Luke and his Jedi Temple but probably nothing more than that.

Ruffmeian and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They should do the Ben Solo movie and call it

Not another Solo Star Wars movie

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  3. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I don't know whether he deserves it or not. I'm just not interested.

4. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    No. There is nothing there. I loved the character, but I don't need a film for every year of his life, dealing and explaining how he got Vader's helmet, how Snoke picked him up, what his childhood was like, etc.

5. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I'd like some sort of series of his adventures as Luke's apprentice. That way we get badass prime Luke and more character building for Ben

6. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I’m not too interested in any “prequel” to the events of 7, 8 and 9. Prequels are sadly imbued with that inevitable characteristic of being pre-determined, by their very nature.

I would have loved an epilogue series or a movie with a Ben Solo who survived TROS though. I think that he could have been a great character, but only if he was an anti-hero, somebody whose intentions and methods weren’t always totally honourable. I’m thinking of classic characters like Clint Eastwood’s “Man with no Name”, Snake Plissken and even Kerr Avon from “Blake’s 7”

They are my favourite type of character, because their motives and actions are unpredictable. A Ben Solo who was just a goody goody would be boring. He would need to be a person who was “in recovery” but who retained a hint of that Kylo streak just bubbling away under the surface.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I voted "yes," as Ben Ren was my fav from the ST, too. And PK's idea for Hamill and Driver working together for a whole film sounds so enticing to me.

Now, if they would have given Ben an exile instead of ghosting, I'd really have been on board with seeing Driver reprise the role in ten years, or something.

But I think you're right: It's time to move on.

8. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Driver was far and away the best of the ST, so if anyone from the ST deserves to move on its him. That being said, I think its time to move on and start fresh using only limited basic content from the anything Star Wars as we know it.

9. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I think we need an animated series with Luke and eventually Ben becomes a character. But I think more films with him is unnecessary because the films should focus more on the future, or non-Skywalker past, of SW.

So a film with Finn would be welcome, as a fledgling Jedi, but they missed their opportunity to pair Ben and Luke together in live action.

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Nope. It’ll inevitably just become “Oh, he was a good kid, but with dark impulses” stuff. We don’t need it. Move on to other stories and characters that don’t rely on their relationships with the OT and PT characters.

11. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    They had a chance to give Ben Solo up to three whole movies. He got about 10% of one of them.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't want a Ben Solo movie, but an animated, Filoni-run series about Luke's Jedi temple and Ben's rise and fall would be amazing.
    (And please just ignore the comic book The Rise of Kylo Ren, which so far has been terrible IMO. I never had any problems with Luke in TLJ, but Luke in TROKR is incredibly out of character, and it tries to paint Ben as a poor child, which I just don't buy. He was 25 for heaven's sake, and Luke was not to blame for him being a ****. Sorry, rant over)

13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    No, because this means the likeliest candidate to play him would be Timothee Chalamet.

14. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    If they somehow someway get Adam Driver back (unlikely, he doesn't need SW at this point) and create some excuse for him not being dead, then sign me up for the exiled Ben Solo Disney+ series, maybe even stripped of his force powers or something.

Not really interested in a prequel, maybe if it's animated it could work.

Ruffmeian and ChrisLyne like this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    My biggest fear about the Dune project is that Chalamet has to carry it. There's only so much a great director can do if the protagonist just isn't compelling. Ridley Scott learned that with Kingdom of Heaven, and I hope Villeneuve doesn't have to learn that wit Dune. Who knows? Maybe Chalamet will totally surprise me, and prove to be an engaging presence.

17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I think Chalamet is mostly fine and occasionally pretty good, but his current stardom and general appeal made me think he'd be an obvious choice for young Ben Solo, even though he's nowhere near Adam Driver for me. If anything, he's discount Logan Lerman.

18. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    Oh man, does the prospect of this movie excite me! Easily the most compelling character in the Star Wars universe for me (when I add headcanon as necessary).

Which is why I'm not sure I want this to happen. Does Disney have the audacity to tell this tale in the consistently dark tone that I need from it? Probably not. But...Rogue One hit things pretty close to the mark for me, so...maybe.

Ruffmeian likes this.
  19. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I only saw Ben Solo for a few minutes of the film, and I love him. Adam Driver made him look pure and a good person, so I would gladly pay money to see Adam Driver playing the good Ben Solo, if this was possible somehow.

But the point is that the character is dead, therefore this is impossible and I don't think Star Wars will ever open the possibility to return from the ghost form to the physical form.

Ruffmeian likes this.
  20. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    Watched TROS yesterday with d-box, and I love Adam's performance specially when he becomes Ben again.

Ruffmeian and Ricardo Funes like this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, they should make a film where Rey and Finn move into a new apartment together that was previously owned by Ben. Finn accidentally cuts his hand, causing blood to fall through the floor and into the basement, which resurrects Ben as a skeleton. Rey has to continue to bring her padawan learners to the apartment under the guise of training them, but it's really so Ben can suck the lifeforce from them.

22. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    No. From what I have seen of the comic, he was just as much as a narcissist as he was as Kylo Ren. Not interested in watching any more of that or watching him destroy Luke's academy. They want to move away from the Skywalkers so bad, then do it.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It would depend on the story.

Anything like The Rise of Kylo Ren comic...hell no. Ditto with anything else that sends the narrative that the OT characters are all terrible people and poor ole’ Ben just couldn’t help himself.

If it showed the Ben on the cliff with Han, and gave an actual sympathetic back story...sure. I’d watch that.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  24. jaimestarr

jaimestarr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2004
    Yes to this. An animated series about the events after ROTJ in the style of Clone Wars or Rebels. Maybe even get Mark Hamill to do voice work.

25. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    No.

I'm not interested, personally.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Iron_lord and wobbits like this.