main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Does Ben Solo Deserve his own movie?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by PrincessKenobi , Jan 7, 2020.

?

Should there be a Ben Solo Movie?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. No

96 vote(s)
    64.0%
  1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    He was thicc, gained some spectacular mass

2. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "Does Ben Solo Deserve his own movie?"

No. :p

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I prefer a Luke and Ben animated series to a movie.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I like Adam Driver as an actor and I thought he was a highlight of the sequels.

I don’t know what the odds of him committing to a Star Wars TV show is as he seems to like to play a great diversity of roles.

Having said that, I never would have thought Ewan would return to the Star Wars universe again with any kind of enthusiasm.

Unpopular opinion incoming: The only way I’d care to see a Ben Solo show would be if Adam Driver returns and if they use that Star Wars magic to bring him back from the dead somehow, because honestly at this point I don’t care about Snoke-Luke-Ben and that whole dynamic anymore. I get the gist of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarge likes this.
  6. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I don't think there is enough material there.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Not a Ben Solo movie, but Luke Skywalker with ayoung Ben Solo.

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It wouldn't be the movie we need, but it would be the one we deserve. :(

9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Frankly? I'm not sure what they can do with Ben Solo. His story is pretty much straight-forward. Not much to "reveal" unless you want to do it "just because we can have it" but there are more, I feel, important films that need to be made for the Star Wars series.

Like that Sifo-Dyas/Sheev Palpatine buddy-cop movie Ben Quadinaros/Speed Racer knock-off movie.

2Cleva and Sarge like this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think an animated movie or show can work for Luke and Ben Solo.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Cloned Bens in a green goop glass vats on Exegol, along with all a bunch of Snokes, ready to be reborn...

12. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    In sequels we see Luke and Ben disappear into Force but never really die of anything specific. What might just work is if the film start and the Ben and Luke drop out of the Force, similar to how Kyle Reese arrive from the future in the Terminator, and the film explore how they were able to become one with the Force and return. I could see them being a kind of buddy movie where they are friend but bicker constantly. I think anything goes now with this franchise so if they did something like this, I would watch it.

Golbolco likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke died because it took every bit of life force he had to project himself to Crait and Ben died because he transferred his life to Rey to revive her. They’re dead. Resurrecting them goes against the philosophy and themes set up in the Saga. The Jedi are luminous beings who attain spiritual immortality by letting go and becoming one with the Force willingly. The Sith attempt to attain physical immortality through mostly technological means to prolong their lives.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This. End of discussion.

15. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I agree.

First of all, Luke needs an animated series, regardless. And it’s the best way to show Luke in his prime, kicking ass, exploring Jedi temples, and training students.

And might as well improve the ST while you’re at it, like how Clone Wars improves the PT.

The series could time jump a bit every season, showing kid Ben, all the way up to his fall, and then a final season that takes place between 8 up to the end of 9 as well, one that fleshes out and improves all that Dyad stuff, Palpatines survival, Rey/Finn’s story, and Ben/Luke’s story. Just imagine getting scenes of ghost Luke visiting Kylo (“See you around, kid”) and Ben after his redemption, not to mention Rey and Finn finding Luke’s students to continue his school.

Cmon Filoni, get on it.

As for a film, I doubt we’ll come back to the ST characters, at least not for a while, but I honestly wouldn’t mind Ben appearing again through his unique dyad connection with Rey. Like, somehow if he lives in her or something, or Rey gains access to his memories.

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I can get behind an animated series. Just don’t waste live action resources on it.

Sarge likes this.
  17. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    The sequel film also brought in new Force power and lore such as the projection and life force transfer, and even pass physical and solid item to each other through the Force. The Sith in this films try to attain immortality using dark magic and alchemy. So this trilogy really write it own rules and themes on what can and can not be done.

2Cleva likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
  19. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    Okay. I disagree about this. Once the character start to transfer life energy to each other to bring one another back to life and pass object into the Force and out of the Force again, to me that appear to write new rules about the Force and what can be done. If object can go into the Force and come back again, and be transported, then why not character I guess? But I respect your opinion of course.

cwustudent, 2Cleva and Sarge like this.
  20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Perfectly said. Twisting the very basis of SW with a silly move like Ben did not die but teletransport to a distant planet just to return when the time is needed would cheapen the saga even more than the ST already did.

21. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    This isn't the forum for ST opining.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Ben Solo deserves nothing.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    What about a hug?

Pro Scoundrel and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    All right, a quick friendly hug is acceptable... but kissing is right out! [face_shame_on_you]

EHT, Darth Chiznuk and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A kiss on cheeck.