main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does Padmé still love Anakin after he chokes her?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by superfob54, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Neo,

Good post, but I disagree about Obiwan saving Padme. If Obiwan wasn't there Padme would never had been choked in the first place. I understand Obiwan needs to find and stop and Kill Anakin,but if he is going to sneak on the plane. He shouldn't let her talk to Anakin, or should make sure Anakin can't see him standing by the plane. In that situation Obiwan made things 100 percent worse.

2. Count-Tyrannus

Count-Tyrannus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2005
    Quite right.

3. jedixesiria

jedixesiria Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    yes some lady's love going back to your abusive men.

4. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    sithscotti

If Padme had told Obi Wan what she knew, she wouldn't have been in harms way. She was aiding a known criminal and refused to give an authority the information he needed. She put herself in danger and Obi Wan was doing his job. Anakin has done terrible things, and at this point, Obi Wan is in no position to go against his instincts. I believe she would have been choked even if Obi wasn't there. Think about it. She would have said the same words weather Obi Wan was there or not. She would have refused his offer and STILL told him that she could not follow and that she doesn't know him anymore. And, his new motto is "If you arn't with me, then you are my enemy." Sith deal in absolutes so that absolutely goes for Padme too.

Obi Wan made it possible that the children not only grow up safe, but did so that their Mother could make it to the Hospital. Anakin would have killed her and theres no reason why he wouldn't have.

5. sithscotti418

Feb 27, 2005
    Neo,

I am not going to disagree with you about Padme. She was blinded by love and didn't wan't to believe that Anakin was evil. And Like I said if Obiwan wanted to protect Place. Your assuming he would have choked Padme, if Kenobi wasn;t there. I disagge. The way he feels about the jedi and Padme are 2 siffernt thigs. Once she is seen betraying Anakin with the "evil" jedi than he becomes irrational.

6. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003

As opposed to how level-headed and understanding he was BEFORE he saw Obi Wan?:p

We can disagree on this, its all good. I can't see Anakin's encounter with Padme turning out good given the circumstances. I mean, Luke was even given this ultimatum: "Join me, or die"

It would be no different with Padme. Obi Wan allowed her to live long enough to Birth Luke and Liea.

7. jedixesiria

Jun 28, 2005
    see aslo thought she could change him and she didn't see the evedents that was on him.some people like it rough.

8. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    Sick, but funny.[face_laugh]

9. sithscotti418

Feb 27, 2005
    I understand your point Neo. And who knows you maybe right, but Vadr had no emotional attachment or less for Luke than Padme, Plus 20 years of evil as opposed to an hour:)

I think Obiwan put Padme in grave danger by not at least telling he was on the plane once the ship landed, because it made her look like a traitor from a madman

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You don't think that Anakin wouldn't have choked Padme, if Obi-wan hadn't stowed away on the Skiff? When she tells him that she's leaving him? "You're braver than I thought."

jedixesiria, you're not funny.

11. jedixesiria

Jun 28, 2005
    It is only true not funny.

12. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003

"I understand your point Neo. And who knows you maybe right, but Vadr had no emotional attachment or less for Luke than Padme, Plus 20 years of evil as opposed to an hour"

Ah, but for that point to be realized you would have to assume that had Obi Wan not been there, Anakin would have turned back. Not, likely. He had already tasted blood and was well within the ways of the Sith. He had just slaughtered children and a host of Jedi and Seperatist. His freshness of being a new Sith is concentrated and uncontrolled. He's drunk with the darkside. Padme is in far more danger at this point than Luke was. Vader is now controlled and mature during the times of the OT. The years are part of the reason why he is slowly breaking down and reflecting. Luke stirs up his mixed emotions and makes him realize his self conflict. Years have given Vader the aspect of reasoning. He knows right from wrong no matter what he is doing. Anakin in ROTS is NOT reasonable and is going through a deadly transition. He can't be stopped. Padme would have died right there on the platform if not for Obi Wan.

"I think Obiwan put Padme in grave danger by not at least telling he was on the plane once the ship landed, because it made her look like a traitor from a madman'

Not important. He has a job to do. He asked for her help and she criminalized herself by withholding information. Obi Wan has a job to do in the best interest of many people, not just his personal friends. He needs to see for himself with his own two eyes what Anakin has become. Padme put herself in danger when she left without telling Obi Wan what was going on. Her being choked is a product of her actions and Anakin's, not Obi Wan's. He heard what he needed to hear and saw enough and told him to release her. You can see in Anakins face when he let's her go that it is Obi Wan's voice that breaks him out of his trance. He's almost shocked at what he was doing and it pisses him off even further then he blaims Obi Wan yet again. If Obi Wan hadn't have been there, there would be no familiar voice to break his trance. She would have died before he knew it. His "new powers" were unstable and he was confused and absorbing hate and the darkside faster than you can say "Don't make me kill you".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.