main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does the post TPM Jedi's lack of concern over Qiu Gon's death concern you?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Ludicrous, Oct 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I thought they were pretty cold, but it doesn't mean they are unfeeling. They spent their lives learning to be controlled. It doesn't mean they didn't shed a tear or two in privacy. They must have had repect for Qui-Gon, or they would not have listened to him, and he spoke comfortably before them. Obi-wan seemed unsure before the Council, tho.

Qui-Gon was an old guy, that never was stalked by a Sith. Darth Maul was a young man in his prime. 24? I think.....

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    In the EU, the Jedi definately believe Maul to be a Sith. In Outlander, set only weeks after TPM, the mention how QuiGon had been killed by a Sith Lord, and how they now believe the Sith are returning.

As to how everyone reacted...who knows? Odds are the Neimoudians were questioned and interogated.

Maybe the council was glad to get Qui Gon out of their hair...

3. Darth Rolal

Darth Rolal Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 1999
    Based on what I saw in the movie, and what TPM novelisation said, Maul was in a different class to both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. He only lost out of arrogance and complacency - it had absolutely nothing to do with skill or attunement to the force. It always makes me laugh when people say that Obi-Wan was a better swordsman simply because he struck the winning blow. Maul treated him with contempt for most of the fight. Maul made a stupid mistake, by letting his guard down, and that is the only reason that he lost.

Also, as anyone who has read Shadow Hunter and the Darth Maul comic would know, Maul is considered to be on a different level to most Jedi, in terms of his skill and agility. In Shadow Hunter, it is strongly hinted at that he is one of the best, if not the best, swordsman in the galaxy.

4. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    It's not the lack of feeling over Qui-Gon's death, but the lack of anything *Sith* in the post TPM EU (books--I haven't read any of the comics). I'm guessing this is because GL said not to mention the Sith--but it still illogical for the Jedi not to be investigating.

5. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    In Outlander, when Ki mentioned Qui-gon's death to Sharad, he seemed to be saddened. Just my 2 cents.

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I got the sense from Outlander that Qui-Gon and Sharad weren't terribly different, ideology-wise. And the cool thing is, I can see Qui-Gon doing what Sharad did. (Leaving the Order if he thought it necessary.)

Anyway, I wouldn't rate Maul as being better than Qui-Gon. Note who Maul's paying very close attention to through almost all of the fight. It isn't Obi-Wan. Even after they flip onto the first catwalk, Maul looks at Qui-Gon first, even though Obi-Wan's almost aobut to swing on him. To me, that indicates that Maul wasn't much worried about Obi-Wan as a serious opponent.

7. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    perhaps they where not too broken up about it because Quigon dies in battle fighting Evil on a mission he was sent on by the council. Jedi are basically solders. They are expected to risk their life to do good. I am sure over the year the Jedi council has sent thousands of Jedi on missions some of which the Jedi did not return from... Alive anyway. Even though they are not bursting into tears I am sure they feel something. I have seen many people who did not cry at a funeral that still had feelings of sadness.

Plus I think Yoda was concerned. Obi-wan took the Sith out that Killed Quigon but Yoda was warning that it isn't over. That there more than likely is another one out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.