main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Does the Star Wars galaxy have fast food?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Galactic Bibliophile, Feb 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Galactic Bibliophile

Galactic Bibliophile Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2021
    I was watching the Food that Built America and it got me wondering what kinds of quick and easy meals spacers in Star Wars might be able to have on the go while working in the Star Wars galaxy. I know that there is a fast food restaurant called Biscuit Baron in the galaxy but it makes no mention of what it sells. I assume biscuits but that really isn’t much of a meal. There is also another chain in the Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG that serves some type of insect based food. The only thing I can think of that could be sold as fast food is maybe like a Bantha Burger or something. I can’t think of anything else. Does anybody remember anything? Legends and Canon examples are fine.

JABoomer likes this.
  2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Mia Mesharad, Senpezeco and Alpha-Red like this.
  3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    [​IMG]

Okay, not canon...but still :p

4. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Forget fast food. Why haven't they started talking about all the dating apps that exist within the Star Wars universe?

Alpha-Red and ColeFardreamer like this.
  5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Fast Food? Hell no... Dex takes his time in the kitchen, Obi Wan had to wait 3 hours for his cup of Ardees in AOTC!

Several Fast Food chains that had service on the Death Star:
    https://tiny-death-star.fandom.com/wiki/Food

I should not reply to this... I should not reply to this... I should not reply to this...

Because Planet of Twilight showed us that the Hutts dabble in them and just have you not read the terms so they can steal all your private pics and device data and sell it on their own platforms.

Besides, I am sure Lando used them whe non his tour to find a wife... remember, the Lifewitch he met? Lets better not talk about dating apps anymore, ever.

That aside:

One of these days Galaxy's Edge inuniverse Databad App needs updates of this kind! I mean, back in X-Wing: Alliance game we already had inuniverse email systems and Rebel and Imperial email Adresses that were fun! Imagine what they could do with an entire inuniverse social media and appstore system...

[​IMG]

Though, as back with X-Wing Alliance already and the early EU... I am sure there would be fast an inunverse darknet *cough* "Underverse" *cough* as well.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/HoloNet/Legends

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bitizen
    The names are very interesting!

I suspect the Holonet the Arranda kids used to even get Jedi intel was the Baobab one as the Imperial Holonet would not offer such info freely I suspect only hidden behind an agechecked paywall lol

And canon mentioned the "Darknet" for the Holonet in its short story books. Legends had a different name for it that I forgot... remind me please, was it Underverse or somesuch?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    harryhenry and Alpha-Red like this.
  6. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    @ColeFardreamer they should devote an entire issue or two just to Aphra looking at a dating app and making obnoxious comments about the pictures she sees.

Alpha-Red and ColeFardreamer like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  8. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    Sounds like Kessel has some fast food:

Also, does Dex's Diner count as fast food? Apparently Rebo's (on Kessel?) considers him competition:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    harryhenry likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes. When The Empire banned fast food as part of a health plan, Porkins joined the Rebellion.

snelson, Sarge and JediFett10 like this.