main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

D'oh! The Simpsons Quotations Roulette Challenge - Thank you to all participants!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Quotations_Roulette, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    I'll have mine up by the end of week. It's already beta-ed and such, but I just don't feel happy with it. On the other hand, I'm going to be waaay to busy to rework it, so right now it's just sitting. I'll get to it soon, I swear.

2. Quotations_Roulette

Quotations_Roulette Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2006
    No worries, Dances. Post whenever you're ready. :)

Lists are updated, with another fabulous story! :D

3. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    I've finished mine.

Title: Hero Worship
    Author: karebear
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Timeframe: Between AOTC and ROTS

I had Quote #34: "Step aside, I will perform the heroics. Thank you." - Comic Book Guy

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
  5. Quotations_Roulette

Mar 3, 2006
    Just bumping up, in case anyone else wants to play. [face_batting]

6. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    I'll give this a shot! #27, please...:oops:

7. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    I had a lot of fun with this challenge, thank you!!!

Here's a link to my completed fic, Subtle Persuasion, for quote # 27!

Enjoy!!! :D

8. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    This was so much fun the first time that I'm willing to give it another shot (if that's ok??)....

# 47 please!
    :D

Ant. ]-}

9. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Here's the finished fic to # 47: Forbidden Love.

Hope you like it!

10. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    I regret to state that due to situations beyond my control, I am going to have to remove myself from this challenge.

I'm sorry that I do this so close to the deadline for stories, but I hope I've given enough time for someone else to complete a story with my assigned quote (#40).

I hope to be able to contribute to the FanFic boards at some point, but as of present, I must focus on real life matters.

Again, I apologize for doing this with such little time left in the challenge, and I hope you can forgive me.

11. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    I really don't like my entry. I may have to give up my quote as well. I've kept off posting it because of my dislike of it, but I've decided I have to give back my number, 26. I am so, so sorry to disapoint you, amidalachick. It's just that what I wrote was such garbage I really felt it didn't do justice to the quote. I hate that I'm doing this so soon to the deadline, you have no idea the guilt, but I just can't post what I wrote. Maybe I'm just not made out for challenges. :_|

I would re-work it, but I'm so busy in RL, it just fell to the back of my mind until I saw this thread, and now, I don't know. I feel terrible about this. Please forgive me.

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    LastOneStanding: No problem! I understand that real life comes first. [:D]

Dances: I know how you feel. [:D] Believe me, there's plenty of stuff on my computer, for challenges or just regular writing, that I will never post because it's so bad. [face_blush]

Thank you, both of you, for your interest in this challenge! @};-

13. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *peaks head in* It's winding down, would it be presumteous of me to ask if I can do either 40 or 26 since they have to bow out?

14. DancesWithBlasters

Jan 22, 2006
    Please give her 26, I really want to see someone do it. It's a wonderful quote, and I would hate for it to be wasted because of me. It would be nice to know it was entrusted to a writer worthy of it.

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Aww shucks...

I hope I do it justice for you, DancesWithBlasters - here's the entry for #26...

Promises

16. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
  17. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    And I have one last entry since amidalachick was gracious enough to send the orphans my way. [:D] I love this challenge - it was so much fun!

Quote #40:

I Dream of Emeralds

18. Quotations_Roulette

Mar 3, 2006
    Wow, time goes so fast...

I just want to say a couple of things. First, if you're still working on a fic, feel free to post a link here if/when it's done.

Second, and most important, I want to say a huge thank you to EVERYONE who participated! [:D] @};- You all deserve a Montgomery Burns Award For Outstanding Achievement In The Field Of Excellence! I love the Simpsons almost as much as I love Star Wars, and I've been beyond thrilled to see the wonderful fics that all you talented authors have come up with. Just like the show, these responses have made me laugh and cry and just have a lot of fun. I hope you've all had fun, too. Again, thank you!

Sincerely,
    amidalachick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.