main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Maybe but still I don't really like the idea of Obi-Wan having kids or whatever... :p
    But sometimes I do...... 8-}

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I don't much like the idea either, but him not knowing makes a certain amount of sense; Satine already knew he'd leave the Order if she had asked, so revealing he had a kid would almost certainly inspire him to quit, something she obviously didn't want. We've got the loose threads of at least one sister and one nephew (wait, what if Korkie's not her nephew but her son?!) who may have known about a hidden child, but possibly not who the father was (tho Bo would've figured that out, I imagine, after Season 5). It's a plausible way to get a Kenobi descendant into the ST without saying Old Ben Kenobi was traveling around the galaxy knocking up women when he was supposed to be laying low and keeping an eye on Luke.

3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    The only trustable site that has claimed to know Gleeson´s role is SWU, and they said he was an Imperial that serves Kylo Ren.

4. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm totally fine with him being an imperial. I just wish we had more news about his character but I guess we gotta take what we got. So.....I wonder if Lucasfilm will release another batch of those character cards. I'm dying to know some more character names

Darth Malgus likes this.
  5. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Korkie Kenobi....

DarthBreezy likes this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    We still know nothing about Pip Anderse and Crystal Clarke.

7. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014

I do not know [face_laugh]

This is Huffingtonpost!!!!!!!! surely are crazy fans of Mara Jade, Ben and the EU.

sarcasm :rolleyes:

starocean90 likes this.
  8. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Korkie Kryze-Kenobi... Waitaminute, that's very, very bad. [face_shame_on_you]

kevmp and captainkenbo like this.
  9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I'd TOTALLY go for him being a Skywalker or Kenobi. I could believe that Obi-Wan didn't spend ALL those nights alone.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Although he very well could be, they didn't explicitly say that he was an imperial. Just that he was associated with the bad guys in some way. Also, I think his character answers to Serkis(whoever he is).

Jason at Makingstarwars seems to be in the know about the character. But, he ain't spilling anything about him.

Michaea and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Guys what if he was signed just to drive us crazy and really doesn't have a role?

12. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Yeah I don't think he serves Kylo Ren. If he is an Imperial, he is likely partnered with Kylo Ren to complete a mission. Though knowing Imperial Officers and their disdain for the unusual, he'd probably hate the pairing.

If he's not an Imperial, then he's likely Kylo Rens first mate on a pirate ship. A position I'd find far more credible to infiltrate than planning to become an Imperial General or starship captain if that's the storyline.

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I honestly sometimes wonder if some of the castings or some of the actors that were heavily rumored but did not make the cut, have been put on the shelf for the other two films. Lando for instance. Maybe we don't see him this time, but we do in VIII?

14. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    so if Kylo is the new Vader;
    then Gleeson is the new Tarkin?

15. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    More like Piett.

16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    see i don't get that. please explain?

17. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Tarkin is Vader's superior... And is gone after one film. Piett is Vader's underling, and is in more than one film. While he's high-ranking, he's nowhere near Tarkin's level.

18. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I think if he was Kylos underling, he wouldn't be such a secret. I think he's a peer of Kylo, though perhaps not in an official aspect. And I think he will be around for more than one film.

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    What if he is the new/old Kenobi - like Ghost!Kenobi came back?

/why not, it seems to be make up anything and everything.

20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    A reincarnated Obi-Wan, is that what you're saying? I dunno, that's not really something typical of Star Wars. Descendent, yes, but reincarnation? Nah. (Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're joking, but I'm just checking.)

So yeah, the one possibly-valid rumor we have for Gleeson seems to have him working with the baddies...only time will tell if this is true, I suppose. I hope not, but I'm looking forward to whatever role he has. Used to be, I would've hated it, because I didn't like any villain, but the likes of Slade Wilson in Arrow and Rumplestiltskin in Once Upon a Time have changed my mind on that.

Still hoping for Skywalker or, failing that, anti-hero Dark Jedi who helps the good guys but has his own, selfish goals (nothing galaxy-shaking, maybe just good old-fashioned greed). [face_praying]

coxie0520 and starocean90 like this.
  21. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    I think they would've gotten McGregor if that were the case. He was up for it too

Michaea likes this.
  22. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Theories about Gleeson being a descendant of Kenobi or Skywalker (or even both!) at least have some plausible elements... We know Obi-Wan was in love with Satine sometime before TPM, which may have led to a hidden child. We know Luke was told that the Force runs strong in his family, so he should pass on what he learned (to Leia, to her kids, to his own). Either or both could lead to Gleeson. He may prove to be unrelated to anyone we know. But suggesting he's Obi-Wan in new flesh is just silly.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    A Kenobi who's willingly and unequivocally on the side of the Empire... Wouldn't that be a kick in the head.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013

A little too far

Royale w/ Codeine likes this.
  25. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014

All the more interesting actors are rumored to be villainous - I hate that! It's like Die Hard with Bruce Willis versus Alan Rickman.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.