main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

The Wookiee always around and never giving them time for relations.

Fruit Pastilles and Nipuhanipera like this.
  2. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Since it's highly unlikely Leia even goes by Skywalker (and may want to keep that part of her life private), I doubt their daughter would adopt that name to side with mom over dad.

starocean90 and T-R- like this.
  3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    yeah, she might take Organa, but not Skywalker

starocean90 likes this.
  4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    She might be annoyed at both parents, and choose her birthright name "Skywalker" to snub them both!

5. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

If she idolizes her uncle and romanticizes the Clone Wars and the Jedi life then it's possible. I mean, she's more of a Skywalker than an Organa, that's for sure. And from a marketing standpoint, it's an easy way to have another Skywalker. I mean, if she went by Rey Organa, general audiences would be like "Why Organa?". . .But if she's Rey Skywalker, people would get that, given her mother always went by an adopted name, she chose her mother's real last name, uncle's name and grandfather's name because she wants to be a Jedi.

6. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
    I hope one or two big mysteries develop. And that not everything is a mystery.

A daughter of Luke's okay, I prefer character like Ben Skywalker.

But if she's the daughter of Han, but she uses the name Skywalker is confused.

starocean90 likes this.
  7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    :confused: Wait - Dom's now a girl?

TKT, Revanfan1, Redimet and 3 others like this.
  8. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I highly doubt she's going to be living on Tatooine known as "Rey Skywalker." If she's trying to live a lower profile life, that's not the way to do it. If she's Han and Leia's daughter, once she reunites with Han, she'll be known to the audience as Rey Solo. It would be confusing to the audience and random if she tells Han, I've gone down to the records office and legally changed my last name because you are a horrible person. That would not go over well with the audience in the introduction of her character. It's not like Han would be an abusive parent that she would go the extreme to change her name. That's just silly. Kids take sides in divorce but changing their name? It happens but rarely. And, if anything, I would assume she would be closer to Han because, given what Leia's rumored position is, she must have been gone a lot while Rey was growing up. Not that it's any fault of Leia's and it's the same thing that working parents often face, but I'm sure Han had to step in quite often to take care of her. Regardless, (1) there's no evidence that Rey is estranged from one parent or taking sides; and (2) this is off topic and probably more appropriate for the Rey thread and for that, sorry to the mods.

9. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014

'i just saw him in "Unbroken" and he did a damn good job.'

:p

10. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Breaking Big: 25 Stars on the Rise in 2015

Domhnall Gleeson

Big Break in 2015: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    He was charming in 2013's About Time, gutting in 2014's Unbroken, and ginger snappy in a little book-to-movie series—you may have heard of it—about a boy named Harry Potter. But 2015 sees Gleeson come into his own as a leading man in high-profile projects such as April's Ex Machina, Alejandro González Iñérritu'sBirdman follow-up The Revenant, and in a Nick Hornby adaptation set in his native Ireland called...Brooklyn. Oh, and he just happens to have landed a still-unspecified role in another massive franchise, sure to be among the year's biggest releases: Star Wars: Episode VII—The Force Awakens. —Lanford Beard

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/30270118?&hootPostID=c9b2da65ec33b30c6950698c0b992f1a#30270119

11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    They might as well include the whole cast on that list... :)

12. Varinnia

Jul 15, 2014
    One thing is certain, no one knows the importance the his character :)

Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  13. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    We can kinda guess it's an important role... He's the only member of the new cast in the read-through photo that we haven't seen/heard in some form (if, of course, Driver is indeed playing Kylo Ren).

14. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    MVS has neither been seen. They both have been the first announced characters withe less info about their roles. If we trust rumors, MVS is an old man who knows Rey on Tatooine (could be partially a cyborg). And we are well aware of the only rumor that has hinted Gleeson´s role on the movie.

JediFan215 likes this.
  15. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    well only 11 and a half more months to go.

16. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    So back to Gleeson I still think he will play Lukes son of course I have nothing to base this theory on I just want to believe Luke went on and had a family after ROTJ.

17. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    MVS wasn't in read-through photo, tho, which was my point. It was the OT cast, Gleeson, Boyega, Ridley, Isaac, Driver, and Serkis.

18. aleja2

aleja2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Just pulling this out: "But 2015 sees Gleeson come into his own as a leading man in high-profile projects"
    Oh, I love the smell of vindication in the morning [face_laugh] This is exactly what I've been saying - he's got major heat right now, so to take a minor role at this point in his career would be ridiculous. Not that this will convince people who think press releases are Rosetta Stones.

19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Well there's (cough) high profile - Ex Machina, The Revenant and Brooklyn.

And then there's Star Wars.

20. aleja2

aleja2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2005

You must not be tracking the award and industry attention for Birdman. When it comes to prestige projects with award heat, González Iñárritu's follow up Revenant is high on the list. Fox is distributing, with New Regency and Annapurna Pictures financing. Unless it is a creative failure, it will probably be a prime contender for 2015's major awards. It's very much a high profile film.

Ex Machina and Brooklyn are also prestige projects, with great creative pedigrees.

But like I said, the EW mention isn't about to convince anyone who thinks press releases are crystal balls.

starocean90 and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Correct, is he one of the X-Men?

22. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Brooklyn is basically as high profile as it gets...

23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Taking everything into consideration, the range he has, the clues he has given in interviews and the fact that he has been involved from the start I am now nailing my colours to the mast and saying that he will be playing the little blue alien via motion capture.

turnip white likes this.
  24. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Blue alien who is revealed during the last part of the film to be Luke´s long gone son. He secretly married Neytiri in Pandora.

[​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
  25. Varinnia

Jul 15, 2014
    It's so exciting!

[​IMG]

You're a troll or you're bored.

Both? :confused:

starocean90 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.