main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 22, 2015.

1. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    I think he will outsmart/outmaneuver Holdo and the Resistance on Crait. She comes back in ix and he and the FO go down.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He looks like thinking about confronting Boris Becker about possible paternity
    [​IMG]

3. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I hope we get more from him this time. In Force Awakens he just seemed like your stereotypical evil bad guy leader.

4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Domhnall Gleeson: "They’ve always seemed to be adversarial, you know? I think Hux wants to be at the top and he wants to get the crown from Snoke and he knows that Kylo Ren’s probably in a better position to get that. So I think this fear and hatred, I think he’s a bit freaked out by all the magic stuff. I think that’s where he’s out with him you, know now?" (December 5, 2017)

5. zam wesell2005

Oct 23, 2015
    Hux, just has to be smarter. Outsmart Holdo in battle and Kylo in minds of the First Order.

He needs to calm down though.

6. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    See this isn't the first time DG has mentioned wanting the throne, or in this case the crown. I'm seriously starting to wonder if Snoke is going to pass his "legacy" to someone because he is dying?

No wait, I think AS mentioned Hux and Kylo vying for the throne? And now DG mentions the crown.

7. Darth Gummybear

Darth Gummybear Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2016
    It definitely does appear Snoke is setting up a rivalry between Kylo and Hux, but I think Snoke has different plans for each of them considering one is Force sensitive and the other is not.

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wasn't he supposed to die in the first one? :p

10. zam wesell2005

Oct 23, 2015
    Hux, was a joke in both movies, but was only treated as such in one of them. Several genuinely funny scenes with him in TLJ.

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Dies or becomes the new body for whatever dark side force Snoke was.

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Hux was actually, you know, competent in TFA. In fact, he's one of the most competent people in that movie (he only fails because of Kylo and Phasma's screw-ups really).

Here, he was a clown. Again Rian, did you even watch the first film?

13. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    He was a joke ... as was the entire FO tbh. Kylo HAS to get rid of him in IX to assuage his blatant insubordination.

On the other hand - 2 hours of Hux needling the Renperor is comic gold..

DarthHass likes this.
  14. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Previously, we were given really good military commanders, such has Grand Moff Tarkin, General Veers, Grand Admiral Thrawn etc, now Disney has given us a clown in General Hux. Kinda a waste for someone with Gleeson's talents.

oncafar likes this.
  15. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    Poor Hux. An overly dramatic and incessantly whiny character that should already be dead.

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yeah like whiny people don't exist.... ha ha!

17. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Imagine Palpatine mopping the floor with Tarkin...

18. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Well. His dynamic with Kylo Ren is fun to watch.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  20. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    It is. I loved their interactions in TFA and TLJ!

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  21. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    The problem with TLJ Hux is that he's a parody of TFA Hux.

This movie disturbed me in the sense that the villains remind me of those on SW Rebels. It's hard to take the FO at all seriously. Their comic incompetence kind of breaks the fourth wall for me.

It's absurd.

godisawesome likes this.
  22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why is Hux even the leader to begin with?

As the Sequel Trilogy has made abundantly clear, most of the big players from the original Galactic Civil War are still around. Wouldn't it make more sense to have, you know, an admiral or something from the original Empire in charge? Wouldn't that make more sense tactically too?

23. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Because he was the last one standing? Because his dad was aligned with the first order or something. And he kissed a$$ to get there.

Hux is a terrible leader. I wanna see him double cross Ren. They're always at each other's throats.

Rhyoth likes this.
  24. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    It takes some mental gymnastic to make it work : you just need to forget the extended "prank call" and the following "we should have done this 5 min ago" (who wrote that garbage ?)

The rest of Hux's scenes are actually pretty solid & enjoyable.

25. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    That "phone call" was the worst scene in the movie. It's... horrifying. [face_worried]

I CAN HEAR YOU. CAN YOU HEAR ME?

I don't know... I remember some campy style acting and questions about why when the FO has these massive ships with all these hardcore WMDs and myriads of TIEs, personnel in the millions... Why oh why can't they destroy three little ships? Well, Hux thinks they should keep up the barrage of useless firing just to remind the Resistance they're there... Oh, and then one of the officers must reveal to Hux how the Resistance medical frigate is out of fuel now so they can destroy it at last! When Kylo and a few TIEs do serious damage to the Raddus, they are called back so they cannot finish the job.

The First Order... Not exactly a think tank are they? You know, I thought maybe Hux should be devising a strategy, or perhaps ordering some others to come up with one. I mean, since he is in charge and that's his job.

That said, it was cute how Hux seemed genuinely upset that Snoke was dead--this "man" who has hurt him so much, and he may actually care about him. [face_love]

These mental gymnastics are difficult. :(

godisawesome likes this.