main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Don't Cross The Streams! The Ghostbusters Franchise (Afterlife, Frozen Empire)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthMane2, May 28, 2014.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Speaking of which, I'm curious as to what the soundtrack is going to be like. It would be cool if they did a modern take of the original song. What has Ray Parker Jr. been up to all of these years?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There's no chance we're not hearing the original at least over the end credits, similar to the Spider-Man Theme Song in basically all of the movies...

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Turns out legal battles with Huey Lewis and the News because you stole their melody are really time consuming.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Which song did he steal their melody from? Certainly not The Power of Love.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    "I Want a New Drug." The bass line in particular is... suspicious, especially given that Lewis was originally asked to write the theme for Ghostbusters and turned it down. We'll probably never know the full details because even the settlement was ugly enough that there were lawsuits about NDA violations later on.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmph, never knew that.

That trailer looks good.

7. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    These cases have already and continue to further the demise of pop music.
    Lawsuits over using a pentatonic scale bass pattern or a major scale vocal melody will continue to drive more nails in the nearly sealed coffin of top 40 music, which is, ironically so homogeneous and unoriginal to begin with, both melodically, rhythmically, and especially harmonicly (chords).

Huey should go **** himself which he probably already did. :p

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Eh, I disagree. In practice, lawsuits in pop music tend to not actually change much in the way of production and composition because they’re operating at a scale where legal fees are always being prepared for by the corporations invested in the band. It’s kind of just fancy corporate **** waving and then somebody gets a cut of royalties they wouldn’t ordinarily have gotten. In the grand scheme of legal abuses I think it’s honestly low on the totem pole. And in the grand scheme of the death of pop (consistently overestimated and getting more complex as music distribution changes) it’s probably not going to be much of a contributing factor.

SuperWatto and tom like this.
  9. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You hear that, Huey? You don't have to go **** yourself after all.

Darth Punk likes this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    What do you think, an ODed corpse by 23?

11. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Shut up. Shopping malls had the Marvel Comics trading card shops and the now woefully extinct arcades. But maybe these were more popular in the 90s than in the 80s...

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I agree. Malls were fun "back in the day."

I would visit my friend Kathleen who worked at the place that sold cookies and cookie cakes. When she wasn't working, we'd go to Bath and Body Works and she would spray me with different perfumes and such to see if she liked the scent or not.

The movie theater was in the mall and even though the floor was sticky and people's heads were in the way, we had some fun times there. Our friend's brother worked there and we just had to name drop his name and we got in for free once or twice.

I also enjoyed going to Electronics Boutique (pre cursor to Gamestop) where the manager there didn't sugarcoat things and actually would tell you what not to buy if he thought a game or device wasn't worth it. I appreciated his honesty which is very rare in Gamestop's today.

Spencer's gifts was fun as a young stupid high school kid. My friends and I would get a kick out the adult themed gifts and risque greeting cards and posters that were just out in the open for anyone to look at.

Remember The Wall? It's essentially what FYE is now, but if you bought a CD, you got a blue sticker and if anything happened to the CD, you just brought it back and they gave you a brand new one. RIP The Wall.

Speaking of RIP, I also loved checking out the new books at Waldenbooks. I was very much into Garfield as a kid. Lastly, there was a KB toys that was right next to it and that was usually the last place I'd visit.

13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Where I grew up the arcades were too down-market for the real mall. They were always tucked away in the strip malls.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Oh, right, I forgot about the arcade in our mall. We hit that place up too, but not too much because we were poor.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The strange thing is that there's a mall near me on Long Island (Broadway Mall) that has a Spencers, a two-floor arcade with a bowling alley, and a Gamestop.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This trailer looks like a movie I will rent sometime.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  17. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    My brother and I could easily kill an hour or so at the mall arcades back where we grew up in Winnipeg. I suppose at the time I didn't think about all the quarters my dad kept throwing away on us.

18. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The best mall in the world was near my house. It had:
    A large arcade
    A huge model train store with a massive working train board
    The only RPG/game store in the area
    A 4 screen movie theater, the largest in the area

Invariably, my mom would take me to the other mall, which featured
    A thousand shoe stores
    Wicker World
    No food court

Sarge likes this.
  19. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Dunno how good the movie will end up being but yeah ... luvin' this.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    We gonna get Zuul back in this one? There was that post-credits Zuul tease in Answer the Call (now the official subtitle I guess) and made me in the mood for some "Are you a God?" and/or "Choose and perish!" menacing stuff.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, Answer the Call was set in a different universe, so I would guess not. This one is supposed to be a direct sequel to Ghostbusters 1 & 2, and they took care of Zuul in the first one.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This is true but Zuul is from a parallel reality, I think it's stated in the 1st movie. Although yah the OG GB did blast the hell outta him. I mean we don't need Zuul but I would be stoked if they went there.

I'm guessing the 2nd trailer will be chock full of all the original Ghostbuster cameo teases

PCCViking likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like some more (though not all- a few are still missing) deleted scenes from GB2 were posted:

There's a few others on that channel, as well- though I believe they've been released previously.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Some kind of ad for the movie was just released. Not entirely sure what to make of it, but it's kind of cute.