main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT "Don't Know Much" Bail/Breha. Memorable Melodies Entry.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 1, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WNSA -- Disclaimer: Borrowing for the Memorable Melodies Roulette.

Characters & AN: Bail/Breha. Song was "Don't Know Much" by Linda Ronstat and Aaron Neville. :)

~~~~~~~~!!

Bail was amazed by Breha's poise in front of the Alderaanian nobles and Ruling Families. She was undaunted and unimpressed by their long list of ancestral incandescence. She was witty and spontaneous with her family and close circle of friends. She was a breath of fresh air, and the lady he wanted to share his heart and soul with.

It broke his heart in myriad ways when they lost their unborn children even before they could bring them to birth but after they had already felt the joy of anticipation and burgeoning love.

So when he brought Leia to their home, it filled not just a cosmic need on a galactic scale but something deep and visceral in the both of them.

Breha loved Leia as if she had borne her herself.

When Vader came on his customary visits of state, Bail had to swallow his understandable apprehension.

Breha was composed and courteous and he marvelled at her ability to be so unruffled.

"I tell myself that we have nothing to hide and I project that same demeanor outwardly. If the mask slips just a bit, he would get suspicious and everything would be lost." She admitted.

"But how do you do it?" He pressed.

Breha laughed. "I think of all that's at stake, not just the Rebellion but most importantly, Leia. She's not just some abstract future hope of deliverance. She's ours to love and protect, at all costs."

It was things like this, resolve like that, that made Bail realize all over that even though the worlds were fraught with uncertainty his love for Breha was solid ground on which to stand firm against all comers.

2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Leia definitely was meant to be with Breha and Bail not only because of their loss but because she learned her diplomatic viewpoint from them both as well.

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Very nice! Breha realizes that, for all the stuff about Chosen Ones and Destiny and what not, Leia is a CHILD, a unique being to be loved for herself and not for what she may or may not one day do for the Galaxy.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Leia became 'the child of Breha' She could keep her safe from Vader
    Nice

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Sweet addition to the challenge! Leia's in the right place with Bail and Breha, for sure—so much of what makes her her she learned from them, and so much of what will later make her the hope of the Galaxy came from them, too. But she brought them so much, too, just by being their child. Thanks so much for sharing this tender moment. @};-

6. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Great little fic that really captures the theme of the song and the two characters. You write Bail and Breha quite well and the parental love they have for Leia really shines.

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You manage to write the sweetness between Breha and Bail well. [face_love] It can stand up against Vader´s darkness!

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    What stuck out to me here was the moment with Vader. Bail and Breha could have freaked out, but they didn't. And they were the perfect parents to Leia. <3

9. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I like the character you give to both Bail and Breha. My favorite sentence was Breha talking about Leia.
    It's sweet, and I liked it.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks so much, everyone. @};- :)

I feel like Leia got a wonderful legacy from Bail and Breha--working tirelessly for a noble cause and navigating the ins and outs of diplomacy. I also believe she had a warm family life in between all the public stuff. ;)

BookExogorth and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This was quite lovely!

This was especially beautiful. We know Leia's future and that she does represent hope for the future, but she's also their daughter and that is enough to want to protect her no matter what.

@};-