main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V Dooku: Jedi Lost, a stand-alone original audio drama

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Mar 27, 2019.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    "We have all apprenticed to Master Yoda, he cannot be held responsible for Dooku's decent!"
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi, TCW season 6.

Yoda trained well over ten thousand Jedi to one degree or another in his lifetime, and one fell.
    Obi-Wan trained one (Before Luke), and he fell. I don't think we can blame Obi-Wan for Anakins actions, since Palpatine was manipulating him from an early age, but it isn't hard to see why he might see Yoda as a higher caliber master than himself. Obi-Wan certainly saw himself to blame for Anakins fall.
    It really is all about Obi-Wans mindset.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I forgot this line. It may be the closest explanation we have then on why Obi Wan still considers Yoda a better teacher in canon even after Dooku. It seems Canon does have an explanation for the contradiction after all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe but i will keep it going, whats in the movie stays as canon.:D

4. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    It's also not a contradiction to begin with. Dooku became one of the most respected masters in the order before his fall. Anakin was openly distrusted by the council and "earned" his status through his relationship with Palpatine. Obi-Wan is perfectly within reason to believe he did not train Anakin as well as Yoda trained anyone.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    What was he in his late 60's to 70 when he left i think and by then he was a well respected jedi master, might at one point been a council member. Many jedi didn't believe he betray them as he was one of the most respected jedi of his era.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  6. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Went through Twitter and Jedi-Bibliothek's helpful recap of today's Del Rey - Behind the Scenes Celebration panel and came away with a few bits and pieces:

Time covered:
    Cavan Scott: "We start with Dooku at age 10. We see him as a Padawan and follow him all the way up to when he leaves the Order." (tweet, tweet) Kiddo Dooku!

A connection with Master & Apprentice:
    Claudia Gray: A new character in the book, Rael, who is Dooku's previous apprentice and who also acts as a mentor toward Qui-Gon, will also appear in Jedi Lost. (tweet, tweet) He will be voiced by Marc Thompson, who according to the cast list is also voicing Yoda. (J-B)

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Alright after seeing the cast list I'm definitely going to wait and hope for a phyiscal book release. With how much they were hyping the quality up I was expecting nothing less than the TCW cast doing the voices.

8. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    Soooooo does anyone know why this has suddenly become unavailable to pre-order in the UK?

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @DarthInternous, I 2 your Bat-signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure if he will be able to help on a UK problem unless there is something like a delay in the US.

11. Jacken_Skywalker

Jul 9, 2011
    It's really odd. It did appear on everything like audible - but now it's nowhere. Places say the product is no longer available [face_hypnotized] But it looks to be fine for the US. Very odd.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe an issue with the UK publisher?

13. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    It should be up by the release date.

There was an issue - last week with M&A - where some people were seeing their pre-orders outright cancelled. What we found was that an error caused people in the UK to actually be pre-ordering the US audiobook. There are rules about regions and territories - so when Amazon sees that, depending on the circumstances and rights - it can appear that the consumer is trying to subvert those rules and they cancel stuff.

Obviously that sucks. We don't want that to happen, especially when its due to an error consumers have no control over. So, M&A was briefly delisted and then put back up to fix that. I believe the same was done with Dooku to head off the issue. And going forward, this shouldn't happen again, but with two releases happening right in the midst of the problem, we sort of had to do an ad-hoc fix in the short-term while also putting in place the long-term fix.

Sorry for all the trouble friends. We'll get it worked out.

14. Jacken_Skywalker

Jul 9, 2011
    Okay brilliant, thank you so much. It's not like I was starting to panic or anything <visibly shaking> :):):)

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I do hope there's more insight on why Dooku would join up with the people who killed his student. Legends had the Battle of Galidraan but that never seemed to be a very convincing motivation to me.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Google Play has it still, price no longer displays for me but it was going for £14.99

17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    :eek:
    Well that brief excerpt was certainly interesting.
    So much revealed in so little a time, yet still so much to come.

Dooku has a sister! And she is alive! Dooku comes off as surprisingly vulnerable when he speaks of her, though the way he talks about "torture" as used by the Jedi leaves little doubt in my mind he is trying to manipulate Ventress.

Ventress hears Kye Narcs voice in her head? I'm choosing to interpret that as her psyche using the voice of her former master to get through to her conscience, as I sincerely doubt it is a real force ghost.

19. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Hm, so again they're borrowing from Legends. Dooku had an unknown brother, nephew named Adan, and great-nephew Bron in the Agent of the Empire comics.

It makes sense for Dooku to have a sibling(s) or otherwise his parents probably would not have surrendered him to the Jedi Order since no one would be able to inherit the title of Count of Serenno.

Sinrebirth and AusStig like this.
  20. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Am I the only one who doesn't see Dooku when they hear that clip? I don't know who the VA is but he doesn't sound like the Dooku I have heard in the movies or TCW. In the beginning I had no idea who was talking. I'm not saying they should have hired the whole TCW crew to do VA (Ventress sounded like Ventress to me) but I don't feel they captured the character originally played by Christopher Lee

jedisor likes this.
  21. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    the VA is from SWTOR the male Sith Inquisitor, also the voice for the Audio of Tarkin. A good actor, though too young sounding to be Clone Wars Dooku.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  22. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    Just an update. Confirmed with the UK folks. It will be ready and posted by 4/30 - but may not appear until Tuesday or perhaps just before.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Soo Dooku had a sister, probaly a little sister who he adored. Also intresting of Ventress and her master, is he trying to reach her or is it all in her head. The jedi knew of her, i thought she might have feld betrayed by them. Also intresying of Dooku impying the jedi tortures their enemies.

24. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    In Legends, Dooku's brother was mentioned quite a bit in some of the comic books. I wonder if they'll bring him over into Canon.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    More likley they replaced him with his sister, witch i can find a bit more compelling. I love the brother/sister dynamic more then the brothers one. Maybe she looks up to Dooku as the big jedi brother.

mes520 likes this.