main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku shoulda told Anakin what was up

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Hairless_Ewok, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hairless_Ewok

Hairless_Ewok Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2005
    As soon as Palpatine told Anakin to kill Dooku he shoulda ratted him out instead of sitting there like a sucker waiting to be decapitated. Aint no way i would let no dude set me up to be killed without saying something.

2. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    There was a topic like that earlier, called "Why didn`t Doooku betray Sidious" or something like that.

3. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I wondered the same thing as well. Dooku knew he was going to die because Palpatine betrayed him, why did he not say anything?

4. prefontaine

prefontaine Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    "Joined the Dark Side, Dooku has. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now." -Yoda

Who thinks that Anakin would listen to this man attempting to rat out Palpatine, a "mentor" and "friend" to Anakin for over a decade. All that is likely to happen is that Anakin will become angry again, and the result will be the same: decapitated Dooku.

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    There was a thread on this, but for the sake of entertainment, I'd venture to say that at this exact point, Dooku's not sure what Anakin will do. He's a Jedi so he shouldn't kill him in cold blood, but it's clear Palpatine wants him as a his new apprentice. If he were to say anything along the lines that Palpy is Sidious, it would serve only to incite Anakin to anger and kill him instantly. Keeping silent and hoping for Anakin's goodness was his one slim chance. Too bad he was in over his head on that bet.

In the real world I believe it was Mr. Lee himself who asked Lucas to change the scene because he felt that Dooku is too refined to be begging for his life.

6. THE_JEDIPURGE20

THE_JEDIPURGE20 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2001
    If I was the script writer I would have added some sort of two to three word attempt to explain, prior to the decapitation. A la Yoda's last word: Luke there is another Skywalkerrrrrrr *Croak*

Like: "Anakin, before you.." *Slice*

7. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Heck, it's not fun being a Sith Apprentice. Having Anakin go through with that is the best revenge Dooku will ever have on him :D

8. sushimilk

sushimilk Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005

hahaha
    those last words

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well from what I gathered from the ROTS novelization and the 2 preceding books...Dooku doesn't have a whole lot of respect for Anakin.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Nope. He didn't at all.

11. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    First, having been a Jedi himself, Dooku knows that a Jedi wouldn't kill an unarmed prisoner. He probably doesn't realize that Anakin is just twisted enough to do it.

Second, Palpatine acted like a second father to Anakin. Anakin wouldn't have believed Dooku no matter what he would have said.

Third, Dooku is probably too proud to beg.

Fourth, Palpatine is Dooku's "prisoner". If he tried to tell Anakin, it wouldn't have made any sense at that point.

Fifth, the storyline would have never worked if Dooku had begged, because Anakin wasn't to discover who Palpatine really was until later in the story.

12. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    ^Not to mention Dooku just got 2 hands cut off and is probably in shock.

13. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    I didn't get this thread before, I don't now...
    Why in the world would Dooku HELP Anakin in that way?

The nature of the Sith is to screw the other over.
    Dooku got got. Period.

So why help the Jedi that:
    A) just cut off your hands
    2) is obviously your replacement.

Dooku realized that Anakin's demise would probably
    be similar to his own, at the machinations of Sidious.

14. Darth_Joshy

Darth_Joshy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2005
    Dooku's not stupid. He knew that if he revealed his master's identity, Sidious would give him a horrible death. Either way, he was screwed. I think he chose to go out as a gentleman ^_^

15. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Well in the end what goes around comes around. Dooku did evil and evil was the end of him. I don't think Dooku thought that Anakin would actually go through with it. If Dooku managed to tell Anakin, Anakin wouldn't have believed him anyways.

16. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    To me that is the biggest point behind his silence.
    Dooku has too much pride and dignity to beg for his life
    OR rat out his Master. The Count accepted his fate.

17. Paladin_Phoenix

Paladin_Phoenix Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    In the book, Sidious said he would intervene if anything went wrong. He didn't, and Dooku was shocked when he said, "Good Anakin! Kill him. Kill him now." Dooku was shocked, and in pain, which is one reason that he might've not said anything. If he would have begged, Sidious surely would have silenced him. He wanted Dooku dead so Anakin could replace him. Begging or putting his thoughts in would have done nothing. Absolutely nothing. Anakin would listen to Palpatine before listening to Dooku. Obi-Wan didn't trust Dooku and didn't listen to him when he said that the Senate was under the influence of the Sith. So why would Anakin listen to him if he said, "Yeah, it's not the Jedi way. Don't kill me, take me as a prisoner! I have no hands, what the heck could I do?" If Anakin would listen to Dooku, then Palpatine wouldn't have it. He would have kept urging him, telling him how important it was to kill him, so he couldn't do anything. "They'd give him mechanical hands back in the prison! He would escape using mind tricks or the Force, which is not wholly in the hands." Anakin wouldn't believe Dooku if he told him what was up. It wasn't in their plan, first of all. Dooku obeyed his master, never questioned him, and did his every bidding. If he wanted him dead, then so be it. Second, they were at war and risks could not be taken.

18. Sidious_T

Sidious_T Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    He shouda oughta but in he don't not....

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Let the ******* find out on his own, how deceptive Sidious is.

20. Paladin_Phoenix

Paladin_Phoenix Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2005
    All because no one likes poor Ani. Let's all cry.
    Hey, someone bring me a violin!
    NO! Never mind. He'll start whining and that would be bad.

Anyway...
    Yeah. Dooku wasn't going to tell Anakin anything except maybe BURN!

21. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Dooku went out with his dignity. He didn't beg or try to get someone else killed in his stead.

22. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Dignity?

You've just been critically maimed by your replacement
    at the conniving of your master,
    and you're about to die...
    not exactly a moment to be dignified.

23. SrWilson

SrWilson Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    It was dignified in that he did not beg nor plead like a girl to be spared. He took it like a man.
    Although he knew with Sidious turning on him he was about to die anyway sidious was going to make sure of it.

24. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    He really didnt have a lot of time to make up his mind on what he was going to say, now did he ? :p He was still editing his dignified speech to Anakin and Palps as his head hit the floor. :p

25. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    It was dignified in that he did not beg nor plead like a girl to be spared. He took it like a man.

Who are you? John Wayne Gacy?

"Just shut up and die like a man!" - JWG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.