main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive DotF's Art - update 5-17-06 (ROTS Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Daughter_Of_TheForce, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Couldn't agree more with the others- Han's lopsided smile, lookin good :p , and a good choice for leia pic.
    -Arsnl

2. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I miss Qui-Gon, too. He was one of my favorites. So I second the vote for one with him and Obi-Wan...

Plus, how about R2-D2 and C3PO?

3. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    R2 and C3- that would be cool

4. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
  5. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Hey I sent you a PM reguarding the awesome new work in your thread!

-Arsnl

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow, DotF--I can't get over how quickly these are coming together, and how wonderful they all look!

LOL at the "unlikely pairing!" Yeah--that rumor is still circulating, isn't it? ;)

And I am really loving the "Master and Apprentice" pieces--the way you've arranged their faces, and the shadowing there to be opposite, yet so similar--a wonderful "feel" to them!
    This is great fun, to see what you come up with in this style--it's quite understated and lovely, and I really enjoy seeing them! Great work!

FF

7. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    I've been sitting on these for some time because I wanted to wait until I had my gallery up to display them. Since I don't know how long that will be, I'll post them now:

Padme Amidala
    Obi-Wan (TPM)
    Obi-Wan (AOTC)
    Qui-Gon #1
    Qui-Gon #2

I don't have anything in mind to do next, and, to tell the truth, I'm not feeling very confident doing what I'm doing. Maybe I'll get back the pleasure once I'm done with the gallery.

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think that Obi-Wan (AOTC) and Qui-Gon #1 are my favourite. The Qui-Gon pic especially conveys a lot of character, a certain kindness and intensity.

Well done!

9. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Qui-Gon is my favorite of your art.

Good work!

10. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    The first Qui-Gon is my fav of the bunch, as well. It's a very compelling composition, with the triangular lighting on his torso while he leans forward slightly.

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I really love these latest pieces, DotF--Padme's has a wonderful luminous and innocent quality to it, very beautiful. Obi Wan (AOTC) is very noble--a great picture that I haven't seen before, and of the Qui Gon shots, I think I like #2 the best: his more serious expression and his stance seem to fit with his position as a Jedi Master. Again, lovely work! I really like the photos you're using to create these--where do you look for/get them?

FF

12. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    I get the pics from some of everywhere, mostly from TF.N's image archives and jedinet.com. Some of the ones you don't see much of come from searches on Google.

13. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    "Temple March" wallpaper

This one gave me trouble because enlarging the original piece just badly pixelated the background image. With a few changes, I think I got it to work. If anybody would like this at another resolution, ask. :)

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, this was such a heartbreaking scene in the movie!! Anakin's first act of terror in Palpatine's name...the completion of his fall... :_| :_|

I think this turned out beautifully, DotF--the "softness" of the images are in stark and glaring contrast to the barbaric actions to shortly follow...good composition, too--uncluttered, yet powerful. Wonderful job!

FF

15. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Use the Force

I had Luke's entrance to Jabba's palace in ROTJ in mind, hence the sandstone-type texture of the wall.

16. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Excellent work on the shadow falling onto the wall behind Luke on that one. It looks very, very realistic.

17. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Thanks! :D

In fact, it looks more real than I thought it would. On the lower right side you can barely see the shadow of Luke's hand. A bit creepy, since I wasn't thinking about that when I made it.

18. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Great work DotF! Great sense of form or bulk lending to the realism, by the shadow and the lighting. Is this a stand alone work or will other characters be added? I'd love to see someone having their mind tricked with! :D

19. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    It's a stand alone piece, pretty much done on the fly. It's a from a pic of the Medicon Luke figure starwarsshop.com is selling. The figure is absolutely gorgeous (and pricy). I have another pic of the figure in a great pose with his lightsaber, but I don't know how to do it justice.

Sorry for not leaving comments on everyone's work lately. I've been very busy testing new software for my site and getting the gallery ready. I guess I'm a computer geek now. :p

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:

How did I miss this last post?? I love this image! It was always a big "shiver" to see Luke really coming into his own with the Force, there in Jabba's palace--he could finally--truly--"Use the Force." This is a powerful image, DotF--with his face shrouded in the shadows of his hood, and his hand starkly highlighted against the dark colors. Very cool! :cool:

FF

21. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Jedi in the Mist

I really fought for this one. The pic really screamed for something to be done with it, but I could not do it justice for two weeks. I took a clue from wicktone, who is IMO the master of presenting subjects in this manner. No way I can even get close him, but I tried. :p :D

I hate how the gradients look, however. :(

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Blast! I keep finding threads I've looked in, but haven't replied to! I wanted to get this in here today, as I'll be "up to my ears" again tomorrow!

I really like "Jedi in the Mist"--I think that sort of environment is a tough one to depict, and you seem to have done it very well. Is this Luke? (it sure resembles him a lot, if it isn't! ;) ) The "layering" of the fog-effect feels very natural, in terms of "depth," and he looks pretty solid in the picture. Just curious--why don't you like this one? I think it's very nice!

FF

23. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Not liking it? Maybe I was looking at it too late at night? :p

Yes, that is Luke. :D

The mist effect is something I really had to work on. It's two layers with cloud filters, one darker than the other for depth. Bits of the dark layer had to be desaturated and lightened so Luke wouldn't disappear completely into the background. So it looks multi-layered, which is what I wanted. :)

There's a previous version of it in brown/gray mist.

24. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I'm definitely not a master at it.

I like this one a lot; it looks like it could be a cover for a video game. It definitely looks like mist or smoke as opposed to just a random gradient, so well done presenting it.

His lightsaber looks great and really stands out nicely here. I think it might be cool if the green light from it was affecting the mist around it, as well.

25. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    New one :D

Daughters of the Force

The pics of the 12" Barriss and Shaak Ti figures have been in my collection for a while, and I thought doing something like "Jedi in the Mist" wouldn't be much of a problem. Well, I was wrong. :p

Anyway, I'm tickled to death to have these figures, so I had to do some kind of tribute. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.