main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Dotting of the "i": The Ohio State Athletics Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DT421, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Wow, still 7 minutes to go in this one against N'western, but this was pretty much nothing more than a practice today. :p

I didn't know the Wildcats were that bad.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    They lost to Duke. How could you not know how bad they were?

Still, a good showing by the Buckeyes today. Not a great opponent, but that opponent was never in the game. Not much more you can ask for. I think the Buckeyes have moved to favorite to win the Big 10, pending what Wisconsin does tonight against Iowa.

3. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah, but Michigan lost to App St (LOL) and has just beaten Penn St, so that isn't really an accurate template to go on.

Yeah, it's us and Wisconsin at this point.

And Notre Dame goes 0-4 for the first time ever. Anyone think Ty Willingham deserves an apology?

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Trust me when i say that App St is a better team than Duke.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Doesnt matter if he deserves it, he won't get it regardless.

6. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    This sort of stuff drives me insane, especially when it involves players on teams that I love. From SI.com:

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Ohio State's third-team quarterback and fourth-leading rusher has been accused of offering a female police officer $20 for sex, authorities said Tuesday.

Antonio Henton, a redshirt freshman, completed a pass in four attempts for 20 yards and also ran for 31 yards on seven carries in the eighth-ranked Buckeyes' 58-7 win over Northwestern on Saturday.

Columbus police arrested him at 8:30 p.m. Monday south of campus.

Henton, 20, entered a not guilty plea Tuesday morning in Franklin County Municipal Court to the misdemeanor charge. He was released on bond later Tuesday, according to court records.

Judge Amy Salerno told Henton to consider his visibility in the community and his status as an "ambassador" for his school.

"I, as well as I'm sure many fans and graduates of Ohio State University, are very disappointed to see you here today in my courtroom," Salerno told Henton.

Lara Baker, chief prosecutor in the city's attorney's office, said the soliciting charge carries a maximum penalty of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine, but generally results in a small fine.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said Henton will not travel to Minnesota for Saturday's game.

"What's most disappointing to me is that our guys know deep down what is expected. And when we err -- in other words, a player, a coach or whomever -- that's disappointing," Tressel said at a midday media briefing Tuesday.

The coach said he had not yet spoken with Henton.

There was no phone listing at the address for Henton in suburban Hilliard provided in court records, and a phone listing was not available for his defense attorney, Tasha Ruth. A message seeking comment was sent to Henton's e-mail address found in Ohio State's online student directory.

Henton, 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, is from Fort Valley, Ga. He fought for the starting quarterback job last spring but had less game experience than starter Todd Boeckman and backup Rob Schoenhoft. Henton is in the mold of last year's starter, Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith -- mobile and able to escape pressure, with a strong arm.

In the Buckeyes' 38-6 win over Youngstown State in the season opener, he threw a 37-yard touchdown pass to freshman receiver Taurian Washington.

On the season, Henton is 3-for-6 passing for 57 yards with the one touchdown and no interceptions. He has rushed for 41 yards on nine carries.

7. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Okay, so we need to take care of business at Minnesota. With West Virginia, Oklahoma and Texas losing, we should move up to 5th. Not bad for a 'rebuilding' year. ;)

8. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Correction. Make that 4th, including Florida's loss. :D

Wells had another good game today, with a couple of scores. 30 - 7

Purdue is up next and that is shaping up to be a heck of a match-up. Can't wait!

Go Bucks!!!

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't think Purdue will be that tough of a match-up. They are the epitome of paper tigers. Did you see the way they collapsed in the second half against Notre Dame? Notre Dame moved the ball like there was no defense at times. Ohio State should have very little trouble beating Purdue by at least three touchdowns.

10. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Okay, I didn't really expect us to be ranked #1 at any point this season, but I'll take it. :p

11. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Hmmm... I wonder what happened to all of the Bucks fans?

Going to be the best test of the year this weekend against Penn St. Should be a good one. :)

12. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Look at it this way my friends, Our honor in Sports is returning.

13. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    The Bucks handled the Lions fairly easily, which surprised me some. I think our biggest test will definitely be the Badgers next week.

Wells had another great game.

14. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    I loved seeing the offense perform its surgical strikes against PSU's defense the way they did, especially after the chanting of 'overrated' by the PSU fans on Gameday.

Yes, you are. Did you need to emphasize it more than OSU did in the game, though?

15. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    2 more days, who else wants to go Badger Hunting?

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    On Wisconsin!

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    *fixed

18. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Word. :cool:

19. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I don't actually expect Wisconsin to win. They haven't been playing the best this year. Starting off slow against a team like Ohio St. is going to be their downfall.

20. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Wasn't our best game against the Badgers, but it's a win. I just hope the Bucks aren't looking passed the Illinois game toward the Michigan game.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Not the best start to the basketball season, even if it was only exhibition play, as OSU falls to D-II Findlay. Still, the moment of the year, and for many on the team their careers, for Findlay. It's getting pretty big coverage up here, as you might expect.

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois?!?!?!

Wisconsin softened up Michigan for you this week.

23. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    [face_plain]

Well, let's at least beat Michigan and get a BCS bowl locked up. I don't see too many of the teams ranked ahead of us losing any time soon.

24. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    *Still crying......tears everywhere.*

25. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    I know most people wouldn't agree, but I said many times before that game that Illinois was a bigger threat to us than Michigan. The spread offense (same as Florida's) was too much for the defense to handle, especially with the talent they have in Williams and Mendenhall. And they're Sophomores, people. Mark my words, next year, if they return Mendenhall and Williams, they are a contender. They had a couple games they played no where near their potential this year, but now they know that they can take the top ranked team in the country. Confidence goes a long, long ways.

Tell Oregon that. And it's funny, the Dispatch had a blurb in it either Wednesday or Thursday (I can't recall which) quoting Earle Bruce as saying that OSU "will play in the national title game". He didn't go into any specifics, but he said "the team everyone expects to be there will not be", and they said believe him or not, he was the one saying before the season that Michigan needed to watch out big time for Appalachian State.

Perhaps Bruce is a prophet?! :p