main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Down in Front: - This week, SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Teague, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    My spidey senses tell me I should probably avoid this commentary altogether shouldn't I? :p

2. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
  3. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    As of today I have finished listening to every single one of the podcasts.

Now what the hell am I supposed to do when I'm bored?

4. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    I'd tell you, but this is a family establishment.

5. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
  6. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Legion started badly, and got worse towards the end.

7. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I was ready to punch Legion in the face when I saw the trailer as well as their advertising campaign. As you guys pointed out, the friggin' premise flies in the face of Christianity. I only saw it in theaters because I had an employee pass and wanted to properly diss on it, and I've been glad to see that everyone else saw how stupid it was.

8. BrandonFlyte

BrandonFlyte Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2004
    Down in Front request: Repomen, the Jude Law/Forest Whitaker one. As long as ya'll are watching some bad movies... No movie made me angrier that year.

9. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Which, to my mind, is not so much the issue as the fact that it does so without bothering to present a coherent alternative mythology in itself. It doesn't make sense through the lens of Judaism or Christianity, nor any of their non-mainstream "heretical" interpretations. If it had picked any one of them and run with it, it could have improved the film tenfold.

I've been meaning to check this one out. Might be fun to do a double-feature with "REPO! The Genetic Opera," which I didn't care for at all.

10. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    I've gotta see REPO! in full. The look of it was kinda nifty in a violent Burton-esque way, but I was fairly confused as to what was actually happening for the parts I saw.

And then Repo Men came out and I just couldn't understand why, though I do love me some Forest Whitaker.

11. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
  12. JediCow

JediCow Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    I'm so glad you guys finally did Serenity! And it was one of your better commentaries, I felt. Probably in the top five, as far as I'm concerned.

As an aside, I upgraded to Blu-ray last summer, and I've been trying to focus on new titles rather than replacing my DVD's, but I bought Serenity on Blu-ray last week and its maiden voyage was with your commentary. Not really an important bit of information at all, I suppose, but... y'know...

13. AndyJarosz

AndyJarosz Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2009
    Agreed! I always loved Serenity but all my friends never did even though they loved Firefly. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

14. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Teague hates colors. That's what I learned.

15. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    "My ship is dragging reavers!"

Love this movie. We could use some more good space romps like this, there aren't nearly enough.

16. B238ben

B238ben Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    Looking forward to finding the time to listen to this one.

17. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    I had to leave about 30 minutes into the live Serenity. I'm listening to it now and am thinking you should bust out some screenshots and point out what you don't dig about the colors, Teague :)

18. frodo_1987

frodo_1987 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2010
    I think he was getting at the fact that the color scheme of the movie is so radically different from the show. I just watched the movie a few weeks ago after marathoning the show, and I noticed the same thing.

19. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    THANK YOU FRODO

[:D]

20. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Hmm it seems my iTunes subscription isn't updating with Serenity, however, it has no issues with other podcasts. Am I the only one having this problem?

21. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    NVM its up now.

22. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
  23. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    Honestly, I didn't care for this one as much as some of the others. It was mostly talking very broadly about the movie. It seemed just to be a different style than what I prefer from the DIF crew. To contrast, I greatly enjoyed listening to the Matrix commentary as well as The Phantom Menace one. I haven't listened to most of them, though.

24. Teague

Apr 9, 2006
    Well, I'm just about to explode with psyched-ness. If you're in the LA area, guess what you're doing on March 4th?

If you could please spread the word to other interested filmy types on Facebook, I would be so obliged it would probably hurt both of us.

25. NateCaauwe

May 30, 2005
    Do I have to pay for drinks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.