main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Download these songs NOW!! - Or suffer!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by KaineDamo, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Download songs from the following bands and artists, and then post you're thoughts. You must only download what is listed, and this thread is for the discussion of ONLY what is listed in this post...

Download songs by...

The Pixies
    PJ Harvey
    Gomez
    Johnny Cash
    Ian Brown

Do it now, you ********.

2. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Um, I thought we weren't allowed to encourage illegal activities up in this hizzy?

3. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    *suffers*

Ow. :( Meanie.

4. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Illigal in the US. Mmaybe. It's arguable.

Definately legal over here.

Tell me again why you call yourselves land of the free. Actually, don't. Either contribute something to the thread or shutup. While you're at it, get a life and stop posting so many threads.

5. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Actually, it's only illegal to let people download from you. So what you are encouraging is legal, from a certain point of view......... :D

6. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Illigal in the US. Mmaybe. It's arguable.

Tell me again why you call yourselves land of the free. Actually, don't. Either contribute something to the thread or shutup. While you're at it, get a life and stop posting so many threads.

Definitely ignorant of international copyright laws.

And you of all people encouraging someone to get a life broke my irony meter. And I've got a big one.

EDIT: I wasn't sure if the flame rules were lax in here or not, so I edited out the words "idiot", "moron" and "stupid".

7. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003

[face_laugh] In case you didn't realize, most if not all of those are AMERICAN artists (you know, the land of the free?), so international copyright law applies. Also, I always enjoy the "get a life" comments from fellow star wars internet message board posters

Actually, it's only illegal to let people download from you.

Unequivocally wrong. Where do you get this stuff?

8. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    I tell you what. If i'm breaking International Copyright law, go and get a policeman. Or a lawyer. Sue me. Arrest me. No?? Then shutup.

Jim, surely you must recognise the flaws in thinking someone an idiot because they download music. I mean, what's that about?? That's a bit extreme!! I would hate to think what you think of people that REALLY offend you. I just... i mean... geez!! You think i'm a moron because of these silly laws on downloading music! That's insane! You've got anger control problems, definately.

9. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Hey, give me enough information for the police to find you and I'll do it. :)

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    If you really liked these artists, you'd be telling us to buy their catalogs of albums...download recommendations are what people use for crappy high school garage bands. Show Mr. Cash some respect.

11. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    No. You'll stalk me.

But answer me honestly. Say i PM'd you all of my personal information, address and everything, would you honestly try to let the "man" know so they can arrest me or whatever??

I live in Northern Ireland. My name is in my profile. Shouldn't be too hard for the law to figure out my exact address.

EDIT: Sebula, Mr. Cash is dead. My money would fill the pockets of already rich fat cats. Besides, who in their right mind buys a record when they haven't even heard it?

For crying out loud, i'm just suggesting you people sample this music!! If you sample it, like it, then you buy a record! I know for a fact Radiohead don't give a damn who or how many people download their music. The only reason i have two Gomez albums is because i downloaded their songs, same with Mr. Cash, same with PJ Harvey, and Ian Brown, and the Pixies.

Don't let the rich men brainwash you. Sampiling music is not stealing.

12. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    Jim, surely you must recognise the flaws in thinking someone an idiot because they download music. I mean, what's that about?? That's a bit extreme!! I would hate to think what you think of people that REALLY offend you. I just... i mean... geez!! You think i'm a moron because of these silly laws on downloading music! That's insane! You've got anger control problems, definately.

Oh, I never used the word "idiot" regarding music downloads, I have plenty of other reasons to use it.

And encouraging illegal downloads does really offend me. You might as well come into my house and try to take money out of my wallet. But then how heartless of me to let the teenagers that are too lazy to get jobs and actually pay for the things I spend 18 hour days helping to create.

13. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    All of the best studios are in Alabama...

14. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Besides, who in their right mind buys a record when they haven't even heard it?

People with morals.
    Do you read books before you buy them?
    Watch movies or go to concerts before you pay for the ticket?

15. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    "Do you read books before you buy them?

Those couches in Barnes and Noble are there for a reason! :D

Your other points are valid enough, though!

16. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Do you read books before you buy them?

Yes. It's called a library.

17. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    The library is the government insured lame best friend. There's no and's, but's or thank you's about it. [face_plain]

18. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Yes. It's called a library.

Apples and oranges. Most libraries have CD's as well as books, there's nothing wrong with borrowing the CD from the library just like there's nothing wrong with getting a book from the library. But if you can't find the book at a library, you can't just walk into the bookstore and carry it out without paying, which is the same as downloading music illegally. Stealing.

19. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    There are trailers for movies. Usually, when a person goes to a concert they're already a fan. And the point of books and how they can be previewed has already been brought up.

People with morals indeed. Don't make me laugh. People with stupidity more like. Yes, you read me right, it is STUPID to buy a record when you haven't even heard it. Why on earth would you do that?? Morality doesn't come into it. You have to know for yourself that you'll like it before you buy it. Thus, we have the radio, and music channels. The radio stations and music channels are controlled by big corporations, thus the same generic crap is played on all the stations. So we have the Internet. The Internet is not music's enemy, but it's saviour. If not for the Internet, i would never have even heard of the Pixies. I wouldn't have half the CD collection i have now. If not for the Internet, my musical tastes would just about be completely dictated by the radio and music channels. That just sucks majorly.

The Internet is a tool for music if used in the right way. Don't fight against it.

Jim. Answer me this question honestly. How much do you earn a year? Also, say i downloaded a song that you had a part in creating. What do you lose? In the physical sense, i have taken absolutely nothing from you. You're no worse off. What's more, if i like the song, i'll probably decide to buy an album. Thats money in your pocket. Thats what i was talking about earlier, the Internet can be used as a positive tool concerning downloading music. If you have such a big part in creating music for different bands and artists, you must earn a fair bit of money. Are you so greedy that you would begrudge a smelly teenager that you've never even met a couple of songs saved on his computer??

20. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    I gotta go to bed. Don't see any posts after my last one. Think i've said pretty much everything there is to say anyway, i'll just be repeating myself.

A little debate is healthy. I hope there's no bad feeling, we're just expressing opinions :)

21. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I'm prepared to suffer.
    How can you say that free and anarchy are congruent? We cannot just do anything. That is not the definition of freedom. We are free, but there are limits to anything. Freedom is not the absence of laws. Laws are made to secure freedom for all. If you know nothing about political theory or elemtary definitions then you really should not comment on them.

I don't just download any song because someone demanded me to. Seeing that I'm in the "the land of the free" I will choose not to download the songs.

If your not going to tell us your personal information so we can contact the authorities then why do you expect Jim to tell you how much he makes?

"People with morals indeed. Don't make me laugh. People with stupidity more like."

So you want to go the cinema tonight. Do you attempt to sneak in to see the film first. That way you don't waste money on something you may not like. By your own logic it is stupid to purchase an unknown thing. So therefore go out and steal any book, see any film and listen to any CD before you actually buy it. It must be stupid to do anything less, by your own logic. Morals? Just the excuse of the incompetent, I suppose. What sort of crazy, upside down world do you live in? But at least in that crazy world, you do have a life....and that is all that counts, right?

Thanks
    Seldon

22. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    There are trailers for movies. Usually, when a person goes to a concert they're already a fan. And the point of books and how they can be previewed has already been brought up.

Most places that sell CD's also have kiosks where you can listen to clips of the songs on the CD before you buy it, that's the equivalent of flipping through a book in Barnes and Noble. Downloading the music itself is the equivalent of taking the book and walking out of the bookstore with it.

Kaine, you can justify it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that you're stealing and breaking the law.

23. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    All of the best studios are in Alabama...

Yes, my brilliant little friend, Mobile does have some great studios, but seeing as I'm in Nashville, I don't get to use them.

Lord, it's no fun making people look stupid when they keep doing it for you.

They do still have radio across the pond there don't they?

What's more, if i like the song, i'll probably decide to buy an album. Thats money in your pocket. Thats what i was talking about earlier, the Internet can be used as a positive tool concerning downloading music.

Statistics say you're in the minority if you buy the album. And the fact of the matter is, though people like to tout the profits of the corporations, it's the engineers and artists that are the ones that take the hits. Those losses get passed on to the producers in the form of lower album budgets, and honestly, the first ones to get their time on a record cut or eliminated is the engineer. Sure, I made really good money when I could work, but when the work dries up, what good is the rate I charge?

Now, given that, I chose -- rather than to scream and whine about my situation like you libs love doing -- to learn another skill and get to work, recording when I can.

24. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    It's not my fault you are stuck in Tennessee, ya brain dead hick! :D

25. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    ... says the former Best Buy employee from Texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.