main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Drabbo's Challenge, the Saga Responses -- New challenge July 26!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Drabbo_Fett, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    A new crossover challenge for you Drabbo, I hope you like it! I will post a small bit here, as you suggested, and in a few days I will create a new thread and link to it in here.

Title: My Friend Tarkin
    Genre: Comedy/AU
    Characters: Hogan, Klink, and the gang; some special guests
    Time Frame: During ANH
    Disclaimer: I don't own Hogan's Heroes or SW
    Notes: The talented VadersMistress beta-ed me... it was wonderful. This is in response to Drabbo's challenge #4: crossovers, just in case ya didn't know!

~*~*~*~

Carter and Newkirk sat at the common table, casually playing Pazaak in their normal early morning routine. Kinchloe sat at the table with them, watching intently. Lebeau stirred a pot over an open fire, clearly against regulations, but their ineffectual guard, Sergeant Shultz, long ago gave up on trying to stop them from doing anything.

Now the crew was nervous. Of all the dangerous missions they went on during their stay in the Empire's prison camp, the silence of their commanding officer, Colonel Robert Hogan, was enough to make each member of the hardened bunch just a little shaky. Hogan wasn't known for keeping things close to his vest, but he was doing so this time. The radio message was quite clear; for Hogan's ears only. Not even Kinchloe, who was always present on the radio, was allowed to listen to what Rebel headquarters told the Colonel.

Hogan spent the whole night pacing in his room, further adding to his men's fear. "What do you think he's thinking about?" Lebeau asked for what must have been the hundredth time.

No one spoke. Carter stared at his two remaining cards in his side deck. He was showing sixteen, but he didn't notice the four in his hand which would give him the complete twenty, beating Newkirk's nineteen. The door suddenly burst open with fury, causing Carter to drop the four on the table.

"Out with you!" Shultz called to the prisoners. "Inspection time. I don't want to hear anyzing, I mean anyzing! No monkey business!"

"Oh, pipe down Shultzie," Newkirk blared. "Can't you see we have problems of our own?"

"I knew it! I knew it!" Shultz hollered. "Monkey business! I don't want to hear about it! I want you all out for inspection!"

"What's so important about this inspection?" Lebeau asked, picking his spoon from the pot he was stirring and bringing it over to Shultz. "Why do we need to go now? I was just preparing one of your favorites." Shultz's mouth watered as he sniffed what was in the spoon.

"One of Shultzie's favorites?" Newkirk wondered out loud. "Shultz's favorite food is whatever's on the plate in front of him."

"We have a verrrrrry important VIP here today. Verrrry important." Shultz mused, hypnotized by the soup. "Colonel Klink told me everyone must be present and accounted for." He pulled himself from his trance. "Please, if you are not all outside I will be transferred to Rhen Var. It's so coooold there."

"Push off Shultz," Newkirk blasted him. "I've had about enough of you."

Suddenly, Hogan emerged from his room, straightened his cap and walked toward the main door. "You heard Shultz. Everyone outside. Line up for inspection."

Without another word, everyone filed past a bewildered Shultz until only he and Hogan remained in the barracks. Hogan walked up to Shultz, sensing his concern. "Hi Shultz," he said casually.

"No!" Shultz yelped. "I don't want to hear it!"

"Hear what?" Hogan asked coyly.

"I don't want to hear what you have planned. I hear nu-zink! Nu-zink!" He covered his ears and walked outside, followed by a smiling Colonel Hogan.

Outside the prisoners gathered in tight formation. Shultz made the usual headcount and waited for Colonel Klink to come out of his office. Hogan looked on as the door opened and out stepped Colonel Klink, flanked by Governor Grand Moff Tarkin. Klink walked right up to Hogan, very proud of himself. "I obviously have the attention of some very important people, no doubt because of my ruthless efficiency in keeping my c

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.