main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Dracula's Curse: Castlevania & Castlevania: Nocturne [Netflix]

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 12, 2017.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm pretty excited for the episode where they have to keep replaying the last stage because god forbid they put a continue at the actual multi-form boss even though they did it in the first game and then a bunch of people blinded by nostalgia claim it's "hardcore" or whatever.

I'm also looking forward to the episode where our protagonists realize that Grant is useless.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If they follow this up with a Ninja Gaiden series, then the final episode will last three entire seasons if they apply that logic to it.

I've seen enough videos. [face_laugh]

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    You think that's bad, the Ninja Gaiden III series will periodically restart because they run out of continues.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I was going to like this until you blasted "Simon's Quest". It's a pretty good game with the only weakness being three bosses and Dracula was too easy. It was also the first game I beat. As to the original, I'm still trying to get past Death after twenty six years.

The implication was that Simon didn't know that Dracula was going to return to life again by doing this. He was just led to believe that he could break the curse by finding and destroying the five parts.

Eh, the transition wasn't that bad. It was rough in the beginning, but overall it wasn't that difficult. And the game was actually pretty linear. Right, left, down, up, left, right. Fairly simple.

This is the first I've heard this, but I would strongly disagree. Alucard is useless save for flying which just eats up hearts Grant's pretty effective. He can at least use three sub weapons, which compensates for his weak main weapon. Alucard is stuck with the watch and his piece of **** fireballs. Grant can take out certain enemies from the ceiling like Medusa. He can duck low enough to not be hit by the Ax Knight's ax attack and the Pillar of Bones fireballs. He can bypass certain sections by climbing the walls, up and over. He can reach hard to reach candles. He's great at jumping over certain enemies and jumping up to where the bell clappers are in the clock towers.

Alucard is only really effective in SOTN. Not speaking about you, but I think that most people who claim he is useless, aren't very good at using his character.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Buddy if you're devoting an entire paragraph to defending any part of Dracula's Curse you're already putting in too much effort. :p

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    First official poster art:

[​IMG]

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh boy oh boy oh boy- this teaser looks great:

8. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I was excited about it. Until I saw that it was in Anime style. Think I'll pass.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That teaser had me at 8-bit Francis Underwood, TBH

Rew likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New poster. Wow, this hits much sooner than I thought.

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker and DarthIntegral like this.
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cast revealed.

Graham McTavish (“Outlander”), Richard Armitage (“The Hobbit”), James Callis (“Battlestar Galactica”), Alejandra Reynoso (“G.I. Joe: Renegades”), Emily Swallow (“Supernatural”), Matt Frewer (“Orphan Black”) and Tony Amendola (“Annabelle”) have been announced as the voice cast of the “Castlevania” TV series which begins streaming on July 7th on Netflix.

McTavish voices Dracula alongside Armitage as vampire hunter Trevor Belmont, Callis as Alucard, Reynoso as Sypha Belnades, Swallow as Lisa Tepes, Frewer as The Bishop and Amendola as The Elder.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    So, no Grant then?

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I've watched the first two episodes and it is very good. Ellis did a good job with the story and it does
    connect together the storyline of "Dracula's Curse" with the backstory material presented in "Symphony Of The Night".

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I hit up all four episodes last night. Pretty kick-ass. Outside of the lack of recognizable music themes and maybe one too many s-words, really nothing to complain at all. It's badass.

I even like at the end how he had to fight Alucard before getting him to join their side (though I guess it's more Alucard getting them to join his group), like in the game.

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, I finished it as well.
    They did a very good job in adapting the story to an anime format. My favorite is the Bishop's response to the demon's assertion that it loves him. "Let me kiss you."

Almost as gruesome as "Goosh, goosh".

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I just finished watching it. As someone with next to no knowledge of the Castlevania games I still managed to find it thoroughly entertaining.

The only real problems I have with it are down to budgetary constraints, which was inevitable given it's a Netflix production.

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Can I never be reminded of this ever please?

Chewgumma likes this.
  19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Be glad it's a video that is against the TOS.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I enjoyed the first episode and the set up. The second episode was a little on the slow side. The third and fourth were very enjoyable. I'm glad the series has been renewed AND we're getting double the episodes in Season 2. The question is - how long until Season 2? Since it is all hand drawn, I'm sure that will take a while. Also, has the story been written for the next season?

I saw a video on Youtube that this show was in development sine 2005 so I would hope they're ready to roll and we get the next season very soon.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The scripts were all written in advance. Each of the four episodes were meant to form an arc, but stand on their own in case they couldn't make more. A trilogy of trilogies.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I thought it was the demon that said that?

23. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Saw it. Liked it a lot. The bad part is we have to wait until next year for season 2

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    decent quip I read in EW about this (I'm paraphrasing) "Castlevaina is a Netflix anime series based upon the bestselling videogame series proving that Netflix is literally trying to corner every single market niche audience in the world." Hey, more power to 'em!

25. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Finally got around to watching this all night. Watched all four episodes. They flowed together nicely, fairly easy to binge. Found it satisfying. not great, certainly not bad. better than just adequate. My only quip is that it felt not quite done. Like a Video Game where you get to an important part, beat the middle boss, and then have to wait for the DLC to become available in order to keep playing. Solid effort, looking forward to the second half of season one.

TiniTinyTony likes this.