main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Dracula's Curse: Castlevania & Castlevania: Nocturne [Netflix]

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 12, 2017.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000

Can't get here soon enough. Still no indication of Bloody Tears or Vampire Hunter, sadly...

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh my. Yes. Please

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sure it looks promising but we're all in for some pretty serious disappointment when it's just the first season upside down and backwards.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, we've been over this- that's just because of the way you watch TV. If you sit on your couch upright, you won't encounter that problem.

5. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    No, I'm pretty sure it's because I beat Richter while wearing the Holy Glasses.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I didn’t watch the trailer so I can go in fully fresh. Any indication how many episodes? More than 4 I hope.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    8 episodes this season.

TiniTinyTony , Darth Caliban and vin like this.
  8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    and here I thought it was because he only watched tv at night, and on night's when it's a horrible night to have a curse ...

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm surprised there haven't been more of these, but Castlevania intro with Bloody Tears used instead, like it should be:

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  12. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  13. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    In episode 8 of the second season,
    isn't that the library theme from Super Castlevania IV playing when Sypha, Alucard and Trevor explore the Castle after Dracula's death?

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Finished season two yesterday, and I absolutely loved the second season. Almost a perfect video game adaptation. I loved how they basically saved Dracula until the final fight / penultimate episode to show off any of his badass powers and abilities, kind of like how you don't see a final boss show what they are capable of in a video game until the very end.

That seventh episode / penultimate episode was just fantastic. Sypha, Trevor, and Alucard working their way through the Castle was - again - very much in the feel of a video game, but translated to a TV show/cartoon. The evolution of Sypha was pretty fantastic, and the representation of her powers was great to see.

My only minor issue is with Hector, and his character's handling with Carmilla, but it would seem they are slotting that for some additional exploration in season three.

I was disappointed when they killed off Godbrand, mainly because I loved his character and the humour he brought to the show.

Can't wait to see season three.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Season 3 now confirmed for March 5th, 10 episodes.

[​IMG]

Mia Mesharad, DarthIntegral and Ramza like this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    "Simon? What's a Simon?" - Netflix, probably.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    lol. Well I enjoy Trevor, so nice to see more of him.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh, I like Trevor in the show, it’s just kind of funny they kept him in the focus considering Simon is more traditionally the face of the franchise.

Or at least the face without fangs.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They presumably wanted to start at the earlier point in the timeline, with a character that also encountered Alucard (because of Symphony). This lets them save Simon and the other Belmonts for future seasons.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Plus I imagine they might not want to immediately emulate the other show about a fancily-clothed family fighting the same vampire across multiple generations.

[​IMG]

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Except now I'm just imagining a version of Simon that's a cocky Joseph Joestar-type but with a whip instead of metal crackers and it's so beautiful. "Your next line is - 'what a horrible night to have a curse!'"

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    If only

Ramza likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Speaking of ****ing JoJo, there seems to be a small reference in the new season where a guy just randomly has what looks a lot like Dio's stone mask.

But yeah, the first few episodes are really fun. Bill Nighy is amazing as usual.

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Speaking of JoJo it's literally on Netflix now, at least in Europe. Somebody call Araki and organize a crossover. :p

Chewgumma likes this.