main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Draftmania: The Wrestling Draft - winner: Shadow_of_Durron

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    This would be an awesome match. Can't wait to see the arguments.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
  3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Ummm... what's so tough? It should definitely be a good match, but maybe someone can explain why Kurt should be in any danger of losing?

In-ring skill is a landslide win for Kurt. Nash isn't a bad wrestler the same way someone like Sid is, but his skills are anything but legendary. At best, his skill is average. He's a power guy. But Kurt can handle power guys. More than enough experience against them. Including (again) a clean win against the Undertaker, a much more skilled power guy than Nash who's just about the same size. Btw, unless I'm mistaken, Nash never managed to beat Undertaker. Certainly not cleanly, anyways.

Kurt's also a more decorated champion. And was an overall stronger one as well.

So that leaves the match type. How much hardcore experience does Nash even have? I'm sure he's got some stuff like this under his belt (most wrestlers do), but Kurt definitely does as well. He nastier than most when it comes to hardcore matches, including Nash. And unlike JBL, who seems to get a boost in hardcore situations, I can't recall Nash being any better or worse in these match types. So if JBL's specialty isn't enough to put him over the top against Sting (I would've voted that way as well), then how does Nash get put over the top of a superior wrestler? Both in hardcore matches and just overall, Kurt is better.

Specific experience? How about that awesome street fight he had with Shane? "But that was just Shane.", you say? Yeah, okay. Shane's a freak in those matches. Besides which, that was Kurt's third match of the night. Third match.

So... seriously, why is this tough? It might be good, tough match, but a match can be good, yet also perfectly clear at the same time.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    heh

or, did you actually want me to respond to that crap?

5. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Well... can you?

Do you indeed have examples of Nash's displaying speed that's on Kurt's level? Technical skill? Anything high-flying? Because from everything I've seen, Kurt >> Nash in those areas. He's got the power advanatge and uses the same arsenal of a dozen or so moves in pretty much every match I ever saw him in.

Did he ever beat the Undertaker cleanly? I may have been mistaken on that.

Is he a more decorated champion? I'm just looking at the wiki articles for that. Are they wrong?

Does he have some long history of super impressive hardcore matches and street fights that I don't know about?

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You're seriously going to bring up high flying in a street fight? Against Kevin Nash?

It's things like that that make me not want to give you a full response.

And, no, Nash doesn't have a clean victory over Taker. He has a clean shoulda-been-victory where his showboating costs him the match, but not a pure clean victory.

And, yes, fighting against Kevin Nash is exactly like fighting against Shane McMahon. Exactly the same thing. :rolleyes:

7. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Angle. I can't recall any specific street fight experience that Nash brings to the table, and Angle has a vicious streak that will allow him to take advantage of the situation.

8. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Is there a rule that high-flying stuff cannot be used in a street fight match? Hmmmm... nope, there sure isn't. In fact, it's come into play in quite a few of those matches that I've seen. Simple fact: Angle has the ability to throw in some high-flying stuff into the match if he wants to, Nash... can't. That's all I was saying.

And did I say that Shane was the same as Nash? Spare me. I only brought up the Shane match specifically because that match happens to be on a lot of people's lists of greatest matches they've ever seen. Ever. Yeah, stupid ol' Shane, who's so unimaginably inferior to Nash, was involved in one of the... oh, maybe 50 greatest matches of all time. Which, again, was Kurt's third match of the night. And a couple years before his peak. Guy's still got the hair. He didn't get really good until after he started going cueball.

Sorry if the example I used was so laughable. I'm sorry for having the audacity to name some of the advantages Kurt has in this match. Want me to list more of Angle's hardcore experience against opponents that are better than Nash? Want me show some examples of how much more vicious he is than Nash when it comes to using illegal weapons? I could do that. Easily.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, Angle

10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004

Wrestlemania

Roast Beef Sandwich 3
    Vs.
    The Dudes With Attitudes 2

Edge *prepared w/ tag partner Razor Ramon* vs. Bruno Sammartino

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Really? No arguments? So I'm the only one who feels this is a really good match?

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    It's a great match, and Bruno probably kills either one individually. And, he's no stranger to handicap matches. He's got the brute strength to dispatch of both, it's just a question of if they cheatery can lead to an advantage over him. IIRC, they've not teamed before, so they don't have real chemistry to go on to build towards that building of an advantage, and I'd say they'd probably fall just short ... probable end of the match is Razor on the outside knocked out and Edge being pinned.

But, I won't throw a hissy fit if they lose it, because you can see them cheating to win.

13. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Bruno kills Edge individually, eh? So being dismissive is all good in the hood, but bringing up (perfectly relevant) high-flying maneuvers in a street fight and comparing Shane McMahon to Kevin Nash (even though I didn't) is patently ridiculous?

Okey-dokey.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    probably kills Edge.

Last time I saw Edge wrestle, he was still in a full-time Tag Team.

15. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    how do you *prepare* a wrestler?
    do they get a copy of the script or something?

16. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

May 5, 2005
    Eh.. I'm gonna go with Edge and Razor Ramon here. Even though they don't have any tag experience together, I think they could easily coexist long enough to pull out a win.

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Hm... Hm... ::Buys time::

18. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Just out of curiosity, not that I dispute the verdict, but have any of you actually seen a Bruno match?

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

Wrestlemania

Roast Beef Sandwich 4
    Vs.

Triple H *prepared w/ manager Shane McMahon* vs. Booker T (Manager Prep w/Stacey)

I haven't called that yet, right?

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I was leaning ever so slightly toward Bruno there. Edge always seems to need like, a host of angels to win against a true champion and other stuff..., but eh, whatever. HHH of course

22. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

May 5, 2005
    I've seen Bruno wrestle, yes. I just felt that Edge and Razor would pull out the win. *shrug*

And agree.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004

Wrestlemania

Roast Beef Sandwich 5
    Vs.

And so that leaves the women.

Chyna vs. Medusa

24. Goddess-Jaina-Redick